Rant: School Shootings

Sidewalk Surfboard

There was a shooting at a college in my state today, and it pisses me off. I do not understand how someone could ever be so fucked up as to shoot at innocent people trying to get an education. I've been worried sick about my mom since I heard the news because she goes to college during the day and I don't know if she'll be safe.

Whoa, I had no idea there were other Oregon furries besides Ian and I. Do either of you go to school in Corvallis?

I heard about this earlier today while I was chillin' at the coffee shop, it's messed up dude. It's hard to imagine why somebody would want to cause so much suffering, and not even to any target in particular, just whoever happens to be in range. 

Whoa, I had no idea there were other Oregon furries besides Ian and I. Do either of you go to school in Corvallis?

I heard about this earlier today while I was chillin' at the coffee shop, it's messed up dude. It's hard to imagine why somebody would want to cause so much suffering, and not even to any target in particular, just whoever happens to be in range. 

I live in North Bend, sorry.

Unfortunately this case will be like every other mass shootings in this country 

Step 1 blame game: people will try and find something or someone to blame like music,video games, movies,or the internet 

Step 2: fear mongering both sides will use this as a way to scare their voters into voteing for them by either saying their guns will be taking away or that every crazy person out there is packing more heat then Rambo abd a vote for them will bring about change 

Step 3 arguments and "expert's":everyone will bicker and fight over the matter each bringing their own "experts " to give their opinion on why this happened and what we can do to prevent it from happening again

Step four: Americans forget we americans have a Short attention span weeks after somthing like this we move on to another story usually involving celebrities Nothing changes everything stays the same until the next time it happens and the process repeats itself  

• Like 5

This sort of thing seems to happens mostly in the US. Why? Does your educational system fall short when it comes to addresing bullying? That's usually the motive, right?

Guns. Duh-doy. 

Unfortunately this case will be like every other mass shootings in this country 

Step 1 blame game: people will try and find something or someone to blame like music,video games, movies,or the internet 

Step 2: fear mongering both sides will use this as a way to scare their voters into voteing for them by either saying their guns will be taking away or that every crazy person out there is packing more heat then Rambo abd a vote for them will bring about change 

Step 3 arguments and "expert's":everyone will bicker and fight over the matter each bringing their own "experts " to give their opinion on why this happened and what we can do to prevent it from happening again

Step four: Americans forget we americans have a Short attention span weeks after somthing like this we move on to another story usually involving celebrities Nothing changes everything stays the same until the next time it happens and the process repeats itself  

I think you pretty much nailed it. You're as wise as you are flavorful Mr. Peppmurrmint fox o3o

I'm fairly sure the US isn't the only country out there with legalized gun ownership.. 

The problem with guns in the United States isn't the guns, it's the gun CULTURE.  Where people feel that they need a firearm incase 'somebody messes with us, yo! or to 'stop the government from oppressing us' which usually translates to 'Fuck the police and their warrant, I should be able to beat my girlfriend to unconsciousness as much as I want!'.  So you have a disproportionate number of Americans who are solving their 'problems' (i.e. mostly petty bullshit) with gun violence.

This is why you have other nations with high gun ownership per capita but significantly less gun deaths per capita than the United States: Because those countries won't believe that you need a Glock stuffed down your sweatpants in case someone tries to steal your parking spot at the Wal-Mart.

OP, you're "fucked up" enough to throw insults on random people on the internet, without having any serious reason, so I guess they could be that "fucked up" as well.

Did you just compare throwing an insult at someone online to a school shooting?

• Like 9

I like guns, I own a few
I don't like people however, they are the ones using it and making the misery.
Would you blame a gun or the guy who did it?

I wouldn't blame the gun itself because that's stupid. Blaming the person is obvious, but that doesn't fix the problem. I'd probably blame how easy it is to obtain a fucking gun in this country. No real regulations, no restrictions, just buy away people.

Calm down, he's already been warned for it.

I'm in a catch-22 since I can't figure out a way with this forum software to remove a post and leave a publicly viewable reason message. So I either have to leave it up (and risk people continuing to argue) or hide it without a reason message and the latter sounds like government level censorship to people who aren't informed of the actual reasoning for the removal.

Anyway, continue with the thread.

Calm down, he's already been warned for it.

I'm in a catch-22 since I can't figure out a way with this forum software to remove a post and leave a publicly viewable reason message. So I either have to leave it up (and risk people continuing to argue) or hide it without a reason message and the latter sounds like government level censorship to people who aren't informed of the actual reasoning for the removal.

Anyway, continue with the thread.

No calming down needed. If anything I was more blown away by pure ignorance than irritated.

Yes I did. I see no difference between those, as both are result of non-existand self-control.

At that very moment, put him in front of me, with a gun in his hand. Will he shot, or not?

Edited by Ayattar

Yes I did. I see no difference between those, as both are result of non-existand self-control.

At that very moment, put him in front of me, with a gun in his hand. Will he shot, or not?

>_>

Most people won't shoot you because of an argument over the internet. It's much easier to say whatever you want to someone when you're hundreds of miles away from them.

Or maybe I am getting trolled hard.

This is [edit] different. People died in this situation you piece of [edit] shit.

Would you care minding your language?

And innocent? You sure they had no reason to do that? Not a slightest one?

Either way, the mechanism is the same. Two people, different outcome, but both resulting from them having problems with self-control.

Shit like this is going to continue on forever until we decide that we need to actually find the root of the problem and the reason why people resort to doing horrible mass murders instead of blaming everything else. Remember when they tried to say doom made people into murderers?

• Like 1

Would you care minding your language?

And innocent? You sure they had no reason to do that? Not a slightest one?

Either way, the mechanism is the same. Two people, different outcome, but both resulting from them having problems with self-control.

I can't take any of this seriously.

7m5saU071rdek8u.gif

This thread's getting locked in like two minutes.

Before that happens, I'd just like to add that a lot of this happens because of the lack of quality psychiatric care in the US. I've been trying to get help for years (not saying I'm shooting anybody; it's for depression), but I haven't gotten a therapist that will actually sit down and talk with me. It's, "here's some meds the psych recommended, try these, tell me if they don't work."

The behavioral hospitals are worse. They're more like prisons than hospitals. They're clusterfucks of genuinely violent people, misguided youths, suicidals and those who self-harm. They keep kids in a large open room with nothing to do while they wait for their one, maybe two 30 minute therapy sessions for the day, then back into that room. They might get to watch a movie if they're good. It's enough to bore somebody to tears.

I voluntarily went into such a place following a suicide attempt, and it was the least helpful experience of my life. I'm sure they don't do much good for people with homicidal thoughts, either, besides keeping them away from guns and sharp objects. Following the captivity and ineffective therapy, they come out as bitter, hostile, angry adults. Alternatively, they're smart and tell the case worker all the right things they want to hear so they're out the door without actually changing anything about themselves.

Edited by Eggdodger
  • Like 4

[things]

We don't have those in the central Europe, yet you don't see people shooting or even stabbing each other. Instead, all those people who'd resolve to guns in the USA, here are quietly commiting suicides. So yes, your gun policies are to be blamed.

Edited by Ayattar

We don't have those in the central Europe, yet you don't see people shooting or even stabbing each other. Instead, all those people who'd resolve to guns in the USA, here are quietly commiting suicides. So yes, your gun policies are to be blamed.

You don't have any psychologists in central Europe? That sounds dreadful.

Are you really that obsessed with being better than everyone else?

From what I know, Europe has stricter gun regulation than the US...which doesn't say much, but still, there's some regulation. Out here, anyone can buy a gun from a large selection and variety and have it delivered and fully loaded before the weekend starts.

I just don't understand how someone could think it's okay to change the topic from acknowledging a terrible tragedy to "lol I don't like OP"

And then go on the rest of the thread like "OP is wrong because..."

Like I guess he thinks this is the Sidewalk Surfboard thread lol

Edited by Lucyfish
  • Like 2