Last movie you've heard of or seen with yer eyes

yell0wf0x

Last film I watched was A Clockwork Orange which was my first Kubrick movie. Fucking hell of a trip there. Did not expect so much comedy, but having gone in mostly blind, I didn't know what to expect. All I got from people was, "that movie is fucked up man" and I suppose it was, but in a way I certainly could appreciate.

Cool flick.

• Like 1

Peanuts. Its a great movie, they have keep the character as they are and the level of technology is the same as it was, I love Snoopy, he's still got his imagination about the Red Baron. The way he help Charlie Brown about dancing was fun :)

A good 3D movie for adults, since the young have not see the cartoon, so they might not know who they are ^^

Ju-on: za fainaru

False advertising. It's so not over. 

Then again. The official English title is the final curse. 

Japan really needs to step up their game in the horror department again.  I remember the times when Japan had really really good horror movies. Now they have excessive use of cg. Like the sadako movie. I can't believe they went from creepy long haired girl to frog legged spider woman thing. That shit was comedy. I laughed in the theater when everyone was totally screaming. Lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I disagree with that statement. Okay-ish visuals sure, but otherwise it was just a reskinned sci-fi Pocahontas.

I watched Children Of Men. It'd been a while since the last time. Still as good as ever.

Movies are personal preference.

I don't even want to get in an exhausting discussion about stories. Just 2 facts. 1: simple stories arent bad, 2: every single movie has a story another plot already had before some day

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Joshi said:

Movies are personal preference.

I don't even want to get in an exhausting discussion about stories. Just 2 facts. 1: simple stories arent bad, 2: every single movie has a story another plot already had before some day

Lion king is just lion hamlet but nobody complained they ripped shakesphere plot :P

• Like 2

anyways...last movie I saw? It might have been Rio 2 or star wars: The force awakens

:C okay so maaaaybe rio2 was bad, b-but Im a sucker for the visual aesthetic and the personification in animating bird poses and movements. Cheesy/cliche to a higher degree but I loved that aspect of it...aaaand the soundtrack. I thought the first was cliche because I find it annoying when they have a kids movie solely/mostly about romance and hooking up a male and female character (I never understood the lovey-dovey stuff as a kid) . Alpha and omega was like this too, and (on top of bad wolf lore and misinformation) I hated it. (I went on like several tangents, sorry).

As for star wars stated my thoughts in another thread, overall still liked it :3

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 2

Everybody has favourite movies or games. Often without a special reason. I just saw Avatar and knew from the first minute that that's gonna be my favourite movie of all time. Same goes for Mass Effect as for games and so on

1: Steve

I weird movie with peoples that seem to have recently out of a mental institution. The idea might have been interesting, but its kinda weird.

2:Furious seven.

Is funny how many fire the shoot and keep missing. 

3: Le Magasin des Suicides. [The.Suicide.Shop].2012

A bit sinister, but interesting. A world where there a shop where you can buy anything to kill yourself. A rope, a bullet, poison. But its illegal to kill yourself on the public place. You must do that at home. the song are good. But that movie is only in French.

4: Captain Harlock 2013

a CGI version of a old anime, kinda weird, the CGI is good but that story is weird.

Patlabor and Patlabor 2. From the era when anime was more than moeblobs and cheap fanservice.

Saw these gifs on imgur and I just HAD to see them. Shame the movies themselves are quite drawn out and the mechas don't get much action, and what little they do appear they are mostly just backdrops. Kind of nice to have a movie with mechas in the where the mechas themselves aren't the main characters to be honest.

odJgZEF.gif

5CAJxry.gif

H6Si15m.gif

lLCpVC5.gif

LMiEe5h.gif

Edited by Muugu
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2015 at 2:24 AM, DrDingo said:

Terminator: Genisys

I don't care if people thought it was crap. I got the explodey robot apocalypse action I wanted to see.

Just watched it today, I thought it was pretty good, but then again I love most Arnold Swarzenegger movies and it was good to see him back on the movie scene.

• Like 2

Star Wars episode 7. i got many question about the movie and its just seem to be missing something before that ?

It kinda a imitation of Anakin Skywalker in episode 3 in the jedi temple. (you don,t see it)

Anyway maybe I'm the one who's got question about the story, but it seem there a lot of info that need to be clarify.

• 3 weeks later...

Last movie I saw was After Thomas. I think it's based on a true story. About a couple with a severely autistic kid and they learn that adopting a dog might benefit him. I was crying from halfway through to the end. I'd say it was good although if you want to watch it to see doggies, it's a slow starter. And it was impossible to find without Spanish subtitles.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Amiir said:

Hateful Eight. Tarantino delivered once more. Word of advice, if you're gonna watch this movie you better have a strong stomach 'cause it's absolutely merciless

I've seen enough Tarantino to expect it. Though he is featuring more male nudity as he proved in this and the last movie.