NFS Pro street 360-ps3

forza horizon 2 xb1

forza motorsports 2-6 Xbox 360-XB1

motorstorm 1-3 PS3

tokyo xtreme racer 1-3 PS2

Tokyo xtreme racer drift 1-2 have yet to play chain reactions PS2

and finally C1 racing battle grand prix. PS2

Edited by Rook

F-Zero GX, ExciteBots, Wipeout HD/Fury, Sonic Transformed, Hydro Thunder, H2Overdrive, Extreme-G, Wipeout 2097. There's probably a few more.

ExciteBots was pretty wacky almost to the point of childish, but I feel like people slept on it. That was my favorite Wii game and I can't even stand motion controls. GX was the best racer I ever played. Some babies complained about it being "too hard" but that was a draw for it. 

I need to play more street racers like Burnout Paradise. I also miss that game Blur...

Easily Mario Kart 8. I am casual garbage.

Mk8 is super good. I just don't take it seriously. 

I haven't played racing games for a long time, but I used to like Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Wipeout, and F-zero X. Couldn't really get into the ones with real cars. I think it just seemed too jarringly weird having realistic looking things behave with such hilariously bad physics, like slamming into a wall and then just being like okay I'll back up and keep going.

Initial D.

You're not gud until you become gud at this game.

I have Initial D extreme stage for the PS3 it's good but Wangan Midnight is harder in my opinion with the stupid engine management aspect.

the A.I is already hard to beat add in the fact that your doing 200+ mph on open road dodging traffic and they fact that you can't keep the pedal mashed because if yo do the engine will blow.

i have owned that game for a year now and I still haven't beaten it.

Not enough man. Not enough...

This thread made me want to play ExciteBots again. I love this game even more now. Not sure why I ever stopped playing. I seem to be a lot better at it than high school Pachi too. I used to think Mirror Mode was hard as shit, but I've been tearing it apart. If only this game had done even mildly well and still had online functionality. What a shame.

There aren't any serious racing games I'm fond of, but I do like Mario Kart games when played with friends (I find it hard to play the games on my own), and I really like Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed, which is basically a SEGA's Mario Kart. Amy is my favorite to play in it. Its fun and the online is great.

There aren't any serious racing games I'm fond of, but I do like Mario Kart games when played with friends (I find it hard to play the games on my own), and I really like Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed, which is basically a SEGA's Mario Kart. Amy is my favorite to play in it. Its fun and the online is great.

That shit is the best kart racer I ever played. I would play that with you on PC any day of the week without a second though. @w@ 

I use Ages who is apparently busted, but I don't know.

I didnt know you could play PS1 games on a PC, can you do that with PS2 games too??

ePSXE is the top PS1 emulator, but some games have trouble running. Some work wonders like Symphony of the Night and Crash. You'd need specific bios and graphic plugins for some games though. It's usually the more impressive PS1 games.

PS2 games are much harder to emulate though. Each game requires specific setups. It's ridiculous and honestly not worth it in my opinion. You can get them to work, most certainly. But you'd be better off just buying the games outright honestly.

Edited by XoPachi
  • Like 2

Mario Kart 8!!! (I miss Double Dash... My copy was stolen a few years ago. I don't blame them.)

F-Zero is a series I'm glad I've played. The N64 one is a classic.

Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed is good, even if the name's a little long. I like the Team Fortress tie-in in the PC version. I play as them the most when I play, but the online doesn't work well for me.

Hmmmmm. Anyone remember Dino Run? Does that count?

I didnt know you could play PS1 games on a PC, can you do that with PS2 games too??

PCSX2

All you need is a PS2 bios for it and then you should be able to run PS2 games just fine. If you don't want to use a disc, you can also get a disc image ripper online that lets you extract isos from your PS2 games so you don't have to put a PS2 disc in your CD drive all the time. PS2 emulation is a bit demanding though so you need a decent laptop/PC if you want to do it. That said, its worth it as in some cases you can make games look better than they've ever had. *hugs Final Fantasy XII furiously*

To be honest there's an emulation scene for almost every console/handheld save for newer ones, so if you're interested you should be able to play most games on PC if you so desired.

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 1

I knew you could do emulators with ROM's and stuff but never knew you could get your drive to read the discs! Thats pretty neat, but sounds like a lot of hassle :P

Oh not really! The plugin I got worked pretty much straight away once I configured it and selected all the right settings, which all took about 2 minutes in total. c:

If you search "PS1 cd plugin" on google, the first link is the place I got my cd plugin from (I would link it here but I'm not sure if that's against the rules or not :\). It is an old plugin from the looks of it but it works totally fine.

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak
  • Like 1

PCSX-R is another good PS1 emulator too, in case anybody has any problems with ePSXe. I couldn't get my controller to work with ePSXe's controller plugin - the buttons would map but when I actually loaded up a game it just wouldn't register any controller input - so I switched to PCSX-R instead and configured the Lilypad controller plugin with that. Works a charm.

PCSX-R is another good PS1 emulator too, in case anybody has any problems with ePSXe. I couldn't get my controller to work with ePSXe's controller plugin - the buttons would map but when I actually loaded up a game it just wouldn't register any controller input - so I switched to PCSX-R instead and configured the Lilypad controller plugin with that. Works a charm.

Thank you for this; I have a lot of issues with ePSXe, from it not liking my controller to it not closing properly.

• Like 1

• Rollcage
  • Ridge Racer
  • Burnout
  • Tokyo Xtreme Racer / Shutokou Battle
  • Gran Turismo
  • Midnight Club
  • Dayonta USA
  • Destruction Derby

Arcade racers are my jam, yo

My favorites are Burnout, Need for Speed, & Flatout. It's good to see NFS games are still being made, but it would be nice to get another Burnout or a new Flatout sometime soon. Then again, there is Wreckfest. Anyone here know if it's worth buying?

I purchased Wreckfest back when it initially launched on Steam back in early '14. At the time it was fun, and conceptually it's fantastic - However the issue I have is that more than a year on, the game still seems to be in the same 'pre-alpha' state. It currently feels like an overpriced tech demo. Very little content has been added, and development is extremely slow. It's unfortunate, given that they are respected developers. I can only assume that the lack of a pushy publisher has allowed them to become more careless and less active. This was one of the first games I wanted a refund for when Steam launched the refund feature, but unfortunately I had bought it a little too early for it to be covered.

I would say to avoid it until more substantial progress has been made.

• Like 1

Burnout Revenge

nothing else compares

all open world/single city racing games are poop bring back world wide race tracks with actual cool short cuts

also murder

mario kart and wipeout are also great

Edited by Dijon