Disappointing

GemWolf

I thought this forum would have matured from FAF, not be worse. As it's clear that most people just like causing trouble, and the mods allow this behaviour regardless of the fact that the rules clearly state "no lynch gangs etc". 

That being said, I am highly disappointed in this place. Ban me if you must. Won't matter as I am leaving. Just wanted to express my utter disappointment to how the forum is managed by its staff. 

Ciao 

Edited by GemWolf

We're basically all just a bunch of friends over here now, seeing as we all came over to this forum to keep seeing each other.

Friends are friends. I don't see any lynch activity, just a bunch of ex-FAF goers dicking about and having a good time. And we love it this way.

• Like 2

We're basically all just a bunch of friends over here now, seeing as we all came over to this forum to keep seeing each other.

Friends are friends. I don't see any lynch activity, just a bunch of ex-FAF goers dicking about and having a good time. And we love it this way.

They're mostly upset because, within their short time here, they've managed to piss off a number of the regular users.

• Like 1

I am going to assume it is in regards to your latest thread and how you acted and how it was taken care of.

To be fair, yes some of the posters were being childish, but you also resorted in the same childish manner as they had. Disagreements happen in arguments, but how you react to those disagreements will show how everyone will view you. 

As I recall, you had the same problem with arguments and learning to step back on FAF too.

Edited by Ozriel
Bye Felicia
  • Like 1

• Zeke locked and unlocked this topic

Everyone's alright by me in the beginning. Sometimes it takes a while to adjust to a new forum and learn how to post and interact properly.

I think it is more on the interaction than the posting. Like, you can't call people a "nasty piece of ****" to a person who wasn't calling you names but challenging your argument and expect to win everyone over. 

• Like 1

I think it is more on the interaction than the posting. Like, you can't call people a "nasty piece of ****" to a person who wasn't calling you names but challenging your argument and expect to win everyone over. 

That's true. When you see something like that you know a user won't last long. But if someone doesn't get why that's a bad idea in the first place, it's probably too late to be learning now on an internet forum.

I'm an idiot though, always hoping people will wise up and apologise instead of digging a deeper hole for themselves.

• Like 1

I thought this forum would have matured from FAF, not be worse. As it's clear that most people just like causing trouble, and the mods allow this behaviour regardless of the fact that the rules clearly state "no lynch gangs etc". 

That being said, I am highly disappointed in this place. Ban me if you must. Won't matter as I am leaving. Just wanted to express my utter disappointment to how the forum is managed by its staff. 

Ciao 

Bye

I don't think being a sperglord counts as a bannable offence. If by matured you mean  "WOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ASSPATS" then yeah you're better off going else where friendmigo. I mean we're a circle jerk but we're not that kind of circle jerk.

They're mostly upset because, within their short time here, they've managed to piss off a number of the regular users.

You seemed alright at first, but the venom you spit at anyone who disagrees or argues with you will not be missed. Bye.

It's a pretty cancerous mindset to have and doesn't really fit well with the board culture. An hour of lurking should tell you that we're prone to ribbing. This is a very accepting community if you can handle the jabs. 

• Like 7

ta-ra

you're really fine but if you can't handle the bantz or discussion then... don't bother, for your sake. i like to think i get on reasonably well with the people i disagree with here on most things but if you can't tolerate the differences or take it too seriously you're going to have a time that is the opposite of good

I don't think being a sperglord counts as a bannable offence. If by matured you mean  "WOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ASSPATS" then yeah you're better off going else where friendmigo. I mean we're a circle jerk but we're not that kind of circle jerk.

I dunno, furries tend to spend a long time standing around in a circle jacking each other off. :V

I am also surprised no one posted a "bye felicia" pic yet.

• Like 1

I dunno, furries tend to spend a long time standing around in a circle jacking each other off. :V

I am also surprised no one posted a "bye felicia" pic yet.

NWD_Felicia_01.thumb.png.67cb27f8f3565f9

All you had to do was crop your signature ;_;

This shit has to end. I demand moderator action

Yeah... I saw this coming.

To be fair, he was being condescending. Her reaction was a bit over the top though.
I disagree with lynch mobs, but I can't deny they entertain me. :S

Anyway, goodbye Gem. I'm sorry this place didn't work out for you.

Yeah... I saw this coming.

To be fair, he was being condescending. Her reaction was a bit over the top though.
I disagree with lynch mobs, but I can't deny they entertain me. :S

Anyway, goodbye Gem. I'm sorry this place didn't work out for you.

I am in agreement, but still.

And lynch mobs...in my day, that was just mobbing a site and creating threads about a person to get others to attack a specific person. :V

• Like 1

I am in agreement, but still.

And lynch mobs...in my day, that was just mobbing a site and creating threads about a person to get others to attack a specific person. :V

Call out threads are tasteless and low brow. We're more sophisticated here

• Like 2

Well that is dissapointing. I dont think Gemz isnt a bad person but she somehow ends up in arguments more than most.

Usually when I screw up around here I dissappear for a bit and wait for the smoke to clear. I think anyone who ever saw a dumb post from me or got upset from me would have forgotten.

I actually get fresh air and do something else, and if I get insulted I play along with the insult instead of going on the defensive. Such novel responses, really.

• Like 4

I just got back from the bathroom and read this, you shoulda asked earlier. I can't keep up with everyone's demands

Thats okay. If someone calls you a doodyhead, you can count on me to dispense police bru-- I mean justice. Because  you assholes here are all terrible and I am a terrible person for letting the rest of you stay unbanned for previous transgressions. I am your personal bodyguard.

Edited by Ozriel

Thats okay. If someone calls you a doodyhead, you can count on me to dispense police bru-- I mean justice. Because  you assholes here are all terrible and I am a terrible person for letting you stay unbanned for previous transgressions.

please bann me I am dierty rodat

Look everyone, I admit I fucked up. Towards the end of that thread especially. I was hostile and I have had some time to think about it and I am sorry. There is no excuse for it. 

When I joined this new forum, I was ready to face any challenges and just go with the flow. I was doing that just fine until my Diagnosis thread. Please understand that I am not making any excuses in what I am about to say next, nor am I seeking forgiveness (you can forgive me you want to of course but its not necessary) I just want to explain that is all. 

Varying opinions are something I can actually handle much much better now (as displayed in a fursuit thread), and even minor "you're a shit" type comments. Had the conversation just been on opinions about the medication or even opinions on just the condition itself, I wouldn't have even blinked. I think what caused me to get really on the defensive etc was when the accusations about me "drugging my kid on speed" and "So you use Ritalin "just cause", in the same way that college students use it when burned out but need to get that last paper in? In what way is that a treatment for ADD, if it's used only during certain times?" Or "This decision reminds me of another: "I'm getting my son circumcised because I was circumcised". It's illogical, it's nonsensical, and in my personal opinion, it's cruel." There quite a lot of this, some worse but the thing is, accusing me of such things is just uncalled for and I guess that is what set me off. I would die for my kids. I really would. I went through so much to make sure his diagnosis was correct, and not just me being a parent who cannot cope. I didn't want drugs to be the fix for this, but after trying everything else that dr's suggested, there was no other options left.

Anyway, as I said I was wrong to abuse and I am sorry for that. My instinct as a mom just kicked in when I felt that my parenting was being attacked. 

I hope we can move on from this and start a new. I have unblocked the 3 users I had biffs with.

Regards

Gem

• Like 1

Look everyone, I admit I fucked up. Towards the end of that thread especially. I was hostile and I have had some time to think about it and I am sorry. There is no excuse for it. 

When I joined this new forum, I was ready to face any challenges and just go with the flow. I was doing that just fine until my Diagnosis thread. Please understand that I am not making any excuses in what I am about to say next, nor am I seeking forgiveness (you can forgive me you want to of course but its not necessary) I just want to explain that is all. 

Varying opinions are something I can actually handle much much better now (as displayed in a fursuit thread), and even minor "you're a shit" type comments. Had the conversation just been on opinions about the medication or even opinions on just the condition itself, I wouldn't have even blinked. I think what caused me to get really on the defensive etc was when the accusations about me "drugging my kid on speed" and "So you use Ritalin "just cause", in the same way that college students use it when burned out but need to get that last paper in? In what way is that a treatment for ADD, if it's used only during certain times?" Or "This decision reminds me of another: "I'm getting my son circumcised because I was circumcised". It's illogical, it's nonsensical, and in my personal opinion, it's cruel." There quite a lot of this, some worse but the thing is, accusing me of such things is just uncalled for and I guess that is what set me off. I would die for my kids. I really would. I went through so much to make sure his diagnosis was correct, and not just me being a parent who cannot cope. I didn't want drugs to be the fix for this, but after trying everything else that dr's suggested, there was no other options left.

Anyway, as I said I was wrong to abuse and I am sorry for that. My instinct as a mom just kicked in when I felt that my parenting was being attacked. 

I hope we can move on from this and start a new. I have unblocked the 3 users I had biffs with.

Regards

Gem

You were expecting this thread to be a wave of apologies for everyone ELSE'S bad behaviour and begging you to come back, weren't you? I bet these responses surprised you a lot.

Actually no, I wasn't. I kinda knew what the responses were going to be. Not surprised at all. 

Then why the sudden U-turn in aggressiveness? Looking at your first and last posts in here, you really could have made an "apology thread" using everything you said in your last post. But instead you went with the "fuck you guys, I'm outta here" thread. I mean, you literally could copy and paste that post into your other one and turn it into a totally different thread.

Your posting reminds me an awful lot of me texting my ex back when I was a psycho bitch to him. I'd rail on him for ages, and then when he turned his back on me and decided to stop talking to me (because I was being a psycho bitch), I would begin with the "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it, can we start over?" And he didn't believe a word of it, ever, and for good reason. I never really changed. And I don't think you will change either.

Edited by Alexxx-Returns
How the hell did I put a picture in here
  • Like 2

Then why the sudden U-turn in aggressiveness? Looking at your first and last posts in here, you really could have made an "apology thread" using everything you said in your last post. But instead you went with the "fuck you guys, I'm outta here" thread.

Your posting reminds me an awful lot of me texting my ex back when I was a psycho bitch to him. I'd rail on him for ages, and then when he turned his back on me and decided to stop talking to me (because I was being a psycho bitch), I would begin with the "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it, can we start over?" And he didn't believe a word of it, ever, and for good reason. I never really changed. And I don't think you will change either.

I said you didn't have to forgive me. As for the sudden U-Turn, well not only did I have the chance to sit and think about things more clearly, its also a sad but true symptom of Bi-Polar and it sucks but that is life.

i didn't make an apology thread for two reasons A: everyone who was involved is already in this thread and B: no point spamming the threads. 

with all due respect, I am not your ex so comparing us isn't really fair. However I will respect your decision not to trust me. I hope we can get to know each other better in the future. 

I said you didn't have to forgive me. As for the sudden U-Turn, well not only did I have the chance to sit and think about things more clearly, its also a sad but true symptom of Bi-Polar and it sucks but that is life.

i didn't make an apology thread for two reasons A: everyone who was involved is already in this thread and B: no point spamming the threads. 

with all due respect, I am not your ex so comparing us isn't really fair. However I will respect your decision not to trust me. I hope we can get to know each other better in the future. 

You misunderstood the relation. I was comparing my OWN behaviour to yours. In this scenario, my ex can be compared to.... the whole Phoenixed community.

Interestingly enough that ex of mine had bipolar as well and he taught me a lot about it. The mood swings affect the person over the long-term. There'd be months where he wouldn't talk to anyone and months where he was manic. This doesn't sound like that, this just sounds like you having a hissy fit.

You misunderstood the relation. I was comparing my OWN behaviour to yours. In this scenario, my ex can be compared to.... the whole Phoenixed community.

Interestingly enough that ex of mine had bipolar as well and he taught me a lot about it. The mood swings affect the person over the long-term. There'd be months where he wouldn't talk to anyone and months where he was manic. This doesn't sound like that, this just sounds like you having a hissy fit.

Oh sorry for the mix-up.

yeah that is what I first thought too when i was also told I had bi-polar, and of course i questioned this. Apparently there are different "strands" of bi-polar. I was unaware of this too. I have mood shifts that can last either a few days, or just a few hours. To be honest i thought i may have schizophrenia, and I sought a second opinion but, nope still told bi-ploar. So I can totally understand why you would say this :)  

• Zeke locked this topic