112 members have voted

1. 1. What's your sexuality?

• Heterosexual
    • Bisexual
    • Homosexual
    • Pansexual
    • Asexual
    • Other

people keep saying things like 'boring hetero' but like, theres nothing weirdor boring about it, its just you. Its not like being gay is supposed to be some cool thing to do and if you aren't, you're not. Sexuality should really be normalized more so it doesnt become some popularity contest...

• Like 4

All these polls could just be shortened to 3, maybe 4 options, hetero, homo, bi, and if you must, special-snowflaxual. The way i see it there's only two genders male and female and transexuals are either male or female, so that still makes 2, and i extrememly doubt there are any actual hermaphrodite furries. Straight = opposite gender, gay = same gender, bi = both genders, anything else = sparkledogspeshalsnowflekexual.

Asexual doesnt count cause its not a sexuality, thats like saying athiesm is a kind of religion.

• Like 1

All these polls could just be shortened to 3, maybe 4 options, hetero, homo, bi, and if you must, special-snowflaxual. The way i see it there's only two genders male and female and transexuals are either male or female, so that still makes 2, and i extrememly doubt there are any actual hermaphrodite furries. Straight = opposite gender, gay = same gender, bi = both genders, anything else = sparkledogspeshalsnowflekexual.

Asexual doesnt count cause its not a sexuality, thats like saying athiesm is a kind of religion.

While I agree a lot of  terms are redundant, asexuality is a thing and should be included in the poll.

• Like 9

Gay, but wait a second...I do have a legit question.

So if I am transitioning into a girl, would that make me straight then? Because even to this day I still don't know what to say about my orientation when I am going through this.  Like I respond with "I like guys" rather than calling myself straight or gay in my situation.

Edited by YuukiSkywolf
  • Like 1

there are people who are not distinctly male or female, both physically and gender-wise.  you don't have to go into crazy "sparklegender" territory to find people who are basically "both" or "neither". 

and while asexuality may not be a sexuality, it's still relevant enough to include on a poll asking one's sexuality.  just like with the religion thing: "what is your religion?" should probably have an option for those who don't have one, unless we're only interested in polling religious people.

and i guess "other" is useful for people who are questioning or something, at least.  ...basically, i think the poll is fine.

• Like 3

Gay, but wait a second...I do have a legit question.

So if I am transitioning into a girl, would that make me straight then? Because even to this day I still don't know what to say about my orientation when I am going through this.  Like I respond with "I like guys" rather than calling myself straight or gay in my situation.

This is one reason why I no longer define my sexuality... Cant tell if Im Heterohomowhatevero, I would comfortably call myself gay (mostly) but Im still in transition and that just seems false. I too just say "I like guys" or "I have a girlfriend".

, then I feel attracted to the opposite gender/same sex sometimes but I wouldnt call myself bi/pan because it just doesnt fit, I just dont like (typically cis) girls, its usually people with a mixture oftraits I find attractive, and the entire thing is just too much of a complicated mess to bother with, so I dont.Facotr in emotional ties and Im more likely to find someone attractive, or someone who's a dick to be completely unattractive.

I am a sexual, that is me.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

I tend to choose "asexual" because I'm at the very least, aromantic as fuck and don't care about most of the dating/sexing thing going on.

But for all I know I'm a bisexual with like, a huge testosterone deficiency :P I certainly have things that turn me on.

Becomes a fucking annoying package to deal with. I prefer to ignore it all.

Same here.

I mean, I love me a nice pair of tits or dick, but lack the interest to actually do anything.

I'm bisexual but I have a male pref but I think that's because I find it easier to both talk to and be around men more so then women.

Well hey, assuming you're male, that's pretty much the case for all guys isn't it?
Forming groups of friends largely made up of the one gender, and being more used to talking to other males socially.

Well hey, assuming you're male, that's pretty much the case for all guys isn't it?Forming groups of friends largely made up of the one gender, and being more used to talking to other males socially.

actually I'm a tri gender pyro fox from the forest planet.....

no but in all seriousness yea I'm a guy and guess this is true and even if it wasn't I'm happy with who I am.

pansexual 'cause "bi" doesn't cover the full range.

Well... If you want to get into technicalities, "bi" does. People assume it doesn't because of other people (usually "pansexuals") pushing the idea that "Pansexual" is an attraction to people regardless of gender, while reinforcing the (understandable) misconception that "bisexual" means "interest in males and females". In reality, pansexual is nothing more than a subcategory of bisexuality.

Shamelessly stolen from Wikipedia:
"Bisexuality is romantic attraction, sexual attraction, or sexual behavior toward both males and females, or romantic or sexual attraction to people of any sex or gender identity; this latter aspect is sometimes termed pansexuality."

I disagree with Pansexual being an option on this poll for this reason.

I voted Asexual, but really, I'd technically be classified as Demisexual - which is sort of the demon baby of asexuality and bisexuality with a romantic twist. By this logic, listing Demi is just as fitting as listing Pan on the poll... But it isn't. Nor should it be. But I should stop here xP

Edited by ChaosCalix
formatting fix
  • Like 4

Natural hermaphrodites do exist in this world, so bisexuality is a term that blatantly ignores that natural fact.

Reread. Bisexuality - despite the name - does not necessarily mean "male or female" (i.e. "two sexualities"). The alternative description (which is the sub-category "pansexuality" covers) is "people of any sex or gender identity".

Either way, I didn't come here to debate technicalities. I just can't leave well enough alone because pansexuals shouting "bi and pan are different!" annoys me.

Well... If you want to get into technicalities, "bi" does. People assume it doesn't because of other people (usually "pansexuals") pushing the idea that "Pansexual" is an attraction to people regardless of gender, while reinforcing the (understandable) misconception that "bisexual" means "interest in males and females". In reality, pansexual is nothing more than a subcategory of bisexuality.

Shamelessly stolen from Wikipedia:
"Bisexuality is romantic attraction, sexual attraction, or sexual behavior toward both males and females, or romantic or sexual attraction to people of any sex or gender identity; this latter aspect is sometimes termed pansexuality."

I disagree with Pansexual being an option on this poll for this reason.

I voted Asexual, but really, I'd technically be classified as Demisexual - which is sort of the demon baby of asexuality and bisexuality with a romantic twist. By this logic, listing Demi is just as fitting as listing Pan on the poll... But it isn't. Nor should it be. But I should stop here xP

demisexual isn't any more an orientation than only being interested in blondes; it has nothing to do with gender.  there are people who are demi and hetero, homo, bi, whatever.  not all demi people are without preference, even if romantic interest has to come into the picture for sexual interest to be considered.  it's not on the same level as pansexual, because pansexual is about gender and biological sex.  which again, pansexual covers all possibilities in both realms (as there are more than two options for each), but as told by its name, bisexual does mean an interest in two genders.  if a bisexual person is actually a pansexual, then what is a person who's only interested in distinct males and females?  claiming that "bisexual" covers people of any sex/gender is not only incorrect due to its exclusion of people who are, in fact, only interested in two sexes, but it carries the implication that those who fall outside the gender binary must be "male" or "female" and that there is not actually anything which is both or neither.  this is not true of gender or even physical sex.  like it or not, "bi" and "pan" do carry different meanings, regardless of what wikipedia says. 

I s'pose I could've put myself down as hetero quite happily. But I voted bi.

I'm almost sorry about bringing down the hetero percentage. But not really. (;

Mhmmm....

I guess I'm pretty gay.

Enough that I've awoken some other guy's gay sides, if only for a bit.

So basically I'm a picture perfect example of the gay agenda.

Jokes aside, i'm genuinely surprised by the amount of asexuals here. I thought that was a much less common dealio. Granted, these results are so massively skewed from the norm (what is it about furry and queer folks anyways?) that I guess I shouldn't even be surprised.

By the way, does the word queer still even fly? The way that rolls off the tongue I feel like I'd offend somebody if I slung it around too much o3o

• Like 2

Jokes aside, i'm genuinely surprised by the amount of asexuals here. I thought that was a much less common dealio. Granted, these results are so massively skewed from the norm (what is it about furry and queer folks anyways?) that I guess I shouldn't even be surprised.

By the way, does the word queer still even fly? The way that rolls off the tongue I feel like I'd offend somebody if I slung it around too much o3o

If only they were as common irl. I've never met another asexual in person :c

Makes it all more difficult for those of us who aren't aromantic :<

• Like 1

Uh! I guess I sorta fall into the "It's a bit weird" category.

I mean, I consider myself gay, and as far as romantic inclinations go, I'm only interested in guys!

Sexually, strong preference for guys, but, I have a few female friends who're special to me and I often don't get much say in the matter.

So, Bi, I guess?

Uh! I guess I sorta fall into the "It's a bit weird" category.

I mean, I consider myself gay, and as far as romantic inclinations go, I'm only interested in guys!

Sexually, strong preference for guys, but, I have a few female friends who're special to me and I often don't get much say in the matter.

So, Bi, I guess?

Sounds mostly gay to me.

On 12/1/2015 at 8:44 AM, Luka said:

If only they were as common irl. I've never met another asexual in person :c
Makes it all more difficult for those of us who aren't aromantic :<

I've only met two other ace people in person, as far as I know. (Both also happened to be in relationships.)
As far as romance goes I'm still not sure if I'm aromantic or not, myself. I don't much care for relationships so I might be aromantic. Maybe.

• Like 1