The Drinking Thread

Brass

6 minutes ago, Brass said:

Never had that before. How's it taste?

It's a very nice single malt, it's not paint stripper nor is it water.  The first sip's aftertaste has a bit of a bite to it too, not too much but enough to make you take it slow and appreciate it rather than downing the lot.  I'll admit I've not tried many whiskies but what else I've tried is just whisky flavoured alcohol (you know what I mean) or it tastes like it's been diluted... or it's potato mash but that's another story.

Edited by Zytan

12 minutes ago, Zytan said:

Can't go wrong with Merlot... can't stand Spanish wine, it's either acidic or pricey

Ick. Maybe my tastes aren't refined but I'd drink a sweet wine any day. Acidic and dry drinks are not for me. Would I regret trying Merlot?

13 minutes ago, Luca said:

Mostly cheaper whiskeys and bourbons. Sometimes I buy Rum.

Other than that, coffee, ice tea and Redbull.

Have you ever tried coffee and vodka? It's called Karsk. 

7 minutes ago, Brass said:

Would I regret trying Merlot?

Probably not, it's known for being 'full bodied', I'm no wine expert but I hate dry wine too.  It's quite cheap too so even if you don't like it you won't be seeing moths fly out your wallet (cheap and cheery).  I tend to buy Chilean, a pub I tend to frequently get steak at sells one called el pico merlot... no idea if it's easily found in shops.

Edited by Zytan

49 minutes ago, Clove Darkwave said:

I bought us a six pack of "Not Your Father's Ginger Ale" as it calls itself. It's an alcoholic Ginger Ale and it's really good.

The root beer is quite good too, cant taste any alcohol. They also make a 10.5% version in 22oz bombers and even a 19% version on draft!

I mostly drink sweeter liquors, mainly rum and Jägermeister. I mix them with Mexican Coke and craft sodas. Can you guess I like sugar?

2 hours ago, grassfed said:

The root beer is quite good too, cant taste any alcohol. They also make a 10.5% version in 22oz bombers and even a 19% version on draft!

I'm going to have to find that.

• Like 2

I've got water right now, aim to drink 2 litres a day for medical reasons but rarely do I manage that. I got a diet Dr Pepper when I got in today just because I needed something sugary to get the taste of sleeping pills out of my mouth.

Also got some meal replacement sachets last night so I might have one of those later instead of cooking anything.

i only drink water and black coffee.  sometimes if i really wanna get crazy, i'll put lemon in my water. 

i like alcohols, especially beers, but my liver says no and my intestines agree with it.  i'm outvoted.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gator said:

i only drink water and black coffee.  sometimes if i really wanna get crazy, i'll put lemon in my water. 

i like alcohols, especially beers, but my liver says no and my intestines agree with it.  i'm outvoted.

My organs also hate me. It's been difficult adjusting to just coffee and water.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gator said:

16 hours ago, Sourdough said:

My organs also hate me. It's been difficult adjusting to just coffee and water.

saem but there are worse vices than coffee