RANT: Bob's Burgers

Yarra

I've never posted a rant but as I was heading to bed I noticed Bob's Burgers was on Cartoon Network.  Now I know it's been around for a few years and I disliked it when it came out but considering it's been a few years I sat down to see if anything changed.  NOTHING HAS CHANGED.  It's still horrible!  Why is this show still being aired?  I'd rather clean up our dog's puke with my mouth and shit in public.  WTF?  Why hasn't anyone protested this?  What happened to safe places?

I kinda have a love-hate relationship with that show. On one hand, it's clever and pretty funny, but on the other hand, it's downright cheesy and kinda ugly. I enjoyed bingeing the show a while back, and had a good time, but I felt like I was cringing just as much as laughing. I frickn love the Louise character, and Bob is pretty funny, but the mom is incredibly annoying and Tina is...terrible. 

So...do it like it? I genuinely have no idea. 

• Like 1

What's wrong with my burgers?  I realize I occasionally over cook them but I hardly believe that desirves an Internet rant.  And how did you even get my burgers?  Did you steal my burgers and then have the nerve to complain about them?  Next time bring your own you freeloading furry burger thief!

• Like 6

i love Bob's Burgers for the same reason i love King of the Hill. Each character is individually flawed in a unique way that makes me reflect on myself and others in my life. Several characters of both shows are based on cringe; deep (mostly harmless) flaws that most everyone can relate to but would never admit. Tina's budding sexuality is by far the truest thing in the whole show. Dude, how can anyone on this forum of ALL PLACES not draw a parallel between Tina's fascination with zombies, sex, horses and butts?! Look at yourSELF! Whether you're a brony or not, watch the Equesticals episode.

At the same time, i can understand why someone wouldn't like the show. i for one enjoy a little cringe. i see myself in many of the characters' flaws, especially Tina. i laugh at Bob's Burgers because- i admit -i'm often laughing at mySELF.

Even if someone hated the show, why would they protest it? Why would one need a safe place from it when one can change the channel? Other people enjoy things one's self might not.

Edited by Battlechili

I could never get into it becuase I find the art direction to be ugly as hell, but the writing is solid. It's a beloved show on most corners of the internet I hang out on.

So yeah. That's why it hasn't been canceled. People like it.

If' you're upset about the content, well, it IS an adult cartoon. It's pretty easy to not watch it.

Edited by Conker

9 hours ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Same here, Bob's Burgers is one of my favorite shows, so not really sure why all the hate, but preferences are preferences I guess.

to be fair, when it first came out I thought it was going to be really stupid because the art style admittedly didn't look appealing at all. I also thought it was just a show meant to fill up a time slot because it was airing after Family guy and that it probably wasn't going to last long. because that seems to be what a lot of these low rate looking seem to do

but then I saw a few clips from the show and realized it was actually pretty funny.

Why is the Simpson's still around or family guy ,CSI,NCIS,why did king of the hill last so long 

Because enough people like them to make money for the channels that make them it's as simple as that 

I like bobs burgers as its a funny show 

Edit Facts 

Edited by Joel

2 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Even if someone hated the show, why would they protest it? Why would one need a safe place from it when one can change the channel? Other people enjoy things one's self might not.

Because a little gremlin jumps through their window and forces them to watch it. It's quite sad actually.

32 minutes ago, Yarra said:

Sorry gang it might be "smart" or "artsy" but it's not funny.  Not at all.  I wasted an hour of my life last night.  

I think the show is anything but "smart" or "artsy." It's just fun and got some good characters and punch lines.

Tina makes me giggle a lot.

I've watched some of the show but it just doesn't have the right humour for me. Pretty much every one of these shows has its flaws. Family Guy and American Dad both will give a lot of laughs, but they're the sort of show that's only funny once and have no rewatch value. The Simpsons took a massive dive after Season ten or eleven, but I will admit they have stepped up their game from Season twenty onward with the show becoming less cheesy and try hard. I think for a lot of that time The Simpsons was just stuck between being relevant to the old audience and the younger audience before they just moved completely into the millennial age. They have improved over the last few seasons but like Family Guy there just isn't much reason to rewatch the episodes. Bob's Burgers isn't my kind of show, but obviously it has enough of a following to keep going.

I don't think any of these shows have yet topped what Futurama accomplished.

8 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I don't like something so no one should enjoy it :v

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

I'll take Bob's Burgers over Family Guy or the newer seasons of The Simpsons any day.

I feel for the Simpsons like I would feel for a senile grandparent whom I shared many happy memories with as a child but now kinda wish the sweet release of death would come visit them. 

Edited by Butters
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Butters said:

I feel for the Simpsons like I would feel for a senile grandparent whom I shared many happy memories with a child but now kinda wish the sweet release of death would come visit them. 

Sorry I couldn't help it

12 hours ago, Hikaru Okami said:

I don't mind Bob's Burgers. It's not my go to show just something to watch if there's nothing else on. It's entertaining when I watch it, but it's not something I can watch for hours. 

If you want quality fun I recommend Uncle Grandpa or even Clarence :V

Bad Hikaru, how dare you!

• Like 2

Of the four shows that Turner Television bought from Fox (that Viacom hasn't already acquired), I'd say Bob's Burgers is probably the most tolerable. I mean Family Guy used to be good (it hasn't been good since "Ted" inflated Seth Macfarlane's ego), The Cleveland Show was so bad it got mercifully canceled after four seasons, and American Dad has never been good.

Anyone else miss Adult Swim's original programming?