Combat Fursonas

Ieono

I noticed that there are many people who have made "combat-oriented" fursonas, who wield guns and other methods of putting suckas in the ground. My fursona also deals in death, with a rich backstory of fighting and warfare. I suppose I have a rather violent nature that has manifested itself in my private life throughout my life. I embrace this, and added these elements to Ieono. 

If you have such a fursona, why did you choose to incorporate weaponry and combat into them? Is it from an infatuation with the action genre, or personal experiences? If you have any cool ideas related to combat scenarios that you'd like to share, please do so. 

Cuz peace is boring.

A lot of the inspiration for my characters come from more action-based anime that I used to really enjoy back in the day. I can imagine them being all powerful 'n' shiz even though I am fail, takes my mind off of being fail.

Also used to struggle with rage/sadness when I was a kid cuz of stuff, and imagining blasting things away with giant balls of spirit energy helped with that.

Edited by Kinare

oh love, my fursona, Lord Dalzell Caledon Windshear, is a steampunk gentleman. and you can't be a steampunk gentleman and not weild a gun of sorts, if only to brag with your ability to buy expensive guns. 

besides that, he has a claymore, but he's not trained in the usage of a longsword so I dont think he could do much with that.

I'm a man of peace baby

...But if I really had to choose I'd go for a S&W M29, Dirty Harry style, all the while wearing my priest suit. I gotta blame Hitman Absolution for that. There's this level where 47 obliterates ass with the same attire so I just had to copycat him

8 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Nah, because that sounds dumb.

That said, I should totally make an edgelord version for shit's n' giggles one day.

You're doing just fine being an edgelord already. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Nah, because that sounds dumb.

That said, I should totally make an edgelord version for shit's n' giggles one day.

I know of the perfect weapon choice just for you :V

(NSFW)

Spoiler

saints-row-4-penetrator-dildo-bat.jpg

Lol jk jk

Edited by Guest

Big and strong combat robots make me so hot.
Their, m-m..., huge guns are so attractive.
I love when they rub their oiled metal parts with each other during fights.
How can you resist this (except daily visits to psychologist)?

Edited by Vitaly
  • Like 2

My fursona fought KLA in Kosovo in 1999, (basically the shortest backstory I can give him). His weapons compose of a Zastava M-70 assault rifle, a 1911 for a sidearm, and a K-bar combat knife. 

Although I've been trying to make him less edgy over the last few months, but after I watched the movie Lord of War, I decided to make him more edgy and turn him into a gun runner after the fighting in Kosovo stopped. 

I've been developing a science fiction setting for over a decade at this point (although it's only been recently that I actually tried getting semi-serious about worldbuilding). You're not gonna exist long as a spacefaring race without some form of military. Having grown up an Air Force brat I took a lot of inspiration from the US military, especially how it was around the tail end of the Cold War. So, that's how I ended up with this: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14741413/

3 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I've been developing a science fiction setting for over a decade at this point (although it's only been recently that I actually tried getting semi-serious about worldbuilding). You're not gonna exist long as a spacefaring race without some form of military. Having grown up an Air Force brat I took a lot of inspiration from the US military, especially how it was around the tail end of the Cold War. So, that's how I ended up with this: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14741413/

High five fellow world builder

My fursona Jarvis McHeun is somewhat of a combat fur, but isn't heavy on using weaponry, but rather studying and collecting it. 

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/17417121/

17417121@400-1439764796.jpg

I'm still developing him. He was created when me and Jego did a steampunk rp. Jego's character is the tiger on the right, Captain Theo. Jarvis on the left. 

Jarvis is a black market weapons dealer and a skilled mechanic.His goggles are his main weapon. Known as one of the "Artifacts of Tesla" when triggered, the goggles emit a blinding, flashing light that can stun attackers or send them into epileptic shock if they attacker is prone to them. Once stunned, Jarvis will either sneak out of the fight or take the time to strike. Wearing the goggles doesn't harm the user. I still need to write more about it to fully flesh out the function of them

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/18650704/ [NSFW]

After this pic of him was done and after playing Fallout 4 and realizing that a walking cane could be a weapon, I think I'd like that to be one of his weapons of choice, next to a revolver. Maybe the cane can be electric and shock attackers on impact.

Edited by DevilishlyHandsome49
  • Like 1

I would say my primary interest and goal in life is Pencak Silat, which is Indonesian martial arts that just aren't like others. It's brutal guerilla warfare with a great deal of grace, and I plan on incorporating that into my fursona - namely Cimande (one of the oldest, super conditioned forearms for breaking bones and footwork developed in the river) and Cikalong (graceful but every bit as effective art from more east java) and probably carrying around a traditional kerambit and sarong for use as weapons.

It's less creating a fictional aspect to my sona than tying her further to the realities of my life, which well include training that is very serious in nature.

Also might give her a kujang.

3 hours ago, Hewge said:

I enjoy drawing characters as fantasy-themed fighters, if that counts. But that's because revealing RPG armours + giant swords are neato and fun to draw.

That's my fetish. Say, should you ever happen to accidentally show me some of that, I wouldn't mind. Just saying, you know

On 3/28/2016 at 1:48 PM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

People like war fursonas because it makes them feel more confident, and perhaps tougher.

Not always. I like war characters because I grew up as an Air Force brat. The earliest home I remember was on base and a block from the flight line, so my childhood consisted of woodland camo BDUs and the thunderous roar of the C-5 Galaxy.

hnnnng

• 2 weeks later...

I really love all of the futuristic cyberpunk and mecha genes that are out there. Especially in anime and games. Some of the worlds that have been created in those genre's are very vast and to me are very interesting to look at and read about. I also played a lot of fighting games back in the day so physical fighting tends to be the style I lean towards. Also I've noticed that I've always gone with marksman type classes whenever I play a first person shooter.  Another thing that I tend to give to characters that I create. 

The first sona that I came up with was heavily influenced by the terminator movies. But I was also listening to a lot of Daft Punk at the time as well so the two sort of melded together and created a cybernetic android that was based on one of my favorite animals, the Siberian Tiger. Now he is fully capable of fighting off a whole swat force on his own and far surpasses superhuman ( or super tiger) strength, and he might have a laser or two as well as titanium claws and a pretty good targeting system.  But his creators didn't really factor in the influences of gaming, music and pop culture and how it would effect an AI. After six months he pretty much forgot what he was supposed to do and became a cybernetic gaming hacker nerd who loves going to raves and cons. He's sort of lost interest in destroying all of mankind or anthro beings, except for video games and those who want to fight him. He tends to get provoked very easily and isn't afraid of a fight.  

I'm a pretty avid action/fighting gamer myself and I've grown up in and around computers so I guess it was natural for me to give a fursona of mine some of those same qualities. Including the ones that cause rage induced trash talk tendencies and noob pwning. 

• Like 1