I am Literally Furry Trash

Toshabi

So 4 months ago, I bit the bullet and dove deep into the furry fandom with my boyfriend. We decided to interact more with the community and get more involved and what not. Most of what I was doing was practically touching the tip of the surface, having a hang out now and then, buying a tail, ect. This weekend, I did something I was dreading doing from the very start of my venture: Going to a Furry Comvention.

I have to admit, while being more involved in the fandom, I felt like the conventions were pointless, stupid and potential mega cringe fodder. Wednesday, May 11th came with a fury and I was swept away from my average day-to-day business croc life to frollic with IRL furries and suiters to be apart of it all for better or for worse. 

I was supposed to leave the con Sunday, but here I am, barely back home after extending my stay an extra day. And the only thing on my mind right now is HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT SHIT WAS FUCKING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Straight up, BLFC was the most fun I have ever had at any convention, and it was so well organized (minus day 0 registration). It was just.... holy shit. The fursuiters were great, the dealer's den was awesome, the people I met and hung out with were hilarious and knew how to have a good time, and just the venue itself was mmm mmm goooooood. I even got to try out suiting for the first time (my friend let me borrow one of his partials) and legit, I want one. 

I took well over 700 photos that imma have to sort through and adjust, which I aim to do all this week as I suffer the bitter side effects of post-con-depression. But damn, I'm raring up to go to another con ASAP as well as to get shit together to finish building some suits (Being able to closely examine them in person and talk to a few makers got me some great insight).

And not to mention i got proposed to by my bf at there which was JFIDHEISJJSJSJSSJSJJSJSA.

So fuck, I am furry trash. For better or for worst, lets see how horrible Toshabi becomes in the next years to come. Rant/Rave, you decide. Maybe this is just a subconcious plea for help to save me from the nothing I've become.

tl;dr-

CSIPafcon2.jpg

• Like 6

What have you done, Toshabi? What have you done?

Y'know, from the outside looking in, furries are a bunch of lowlife faggots that somehow transcends the normal awfulness of the internet. 
On the inside, however, it's fun as all hell, so fuck it. I find that, truly, having fun is the only thing that matters in life. I'm glad you're having it. 

Just don't start using fur puns.

• Like 6

I really hope to experience a con sometime in the future.

I really don't know what I'd do at one but it would be a great social experiment.

Hopefully somewhere where no one knows me except you webfolk.

You'll know me as the guy the with the 70s fashion sense wearing sunglasses indoors like a total douche.

Probably hiding behind a plant.

23 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Y'know, from the outside looking in, furries are a bunch of lowlife faggots that somehow transcends the normal awfulness of the internet. 
On the inside, however, it's fun as all hell, so fuck it. I find that, truly, having fun is the only thing that matters in life. I'm glad you're having it. 

I gotto agree. Like, it is stupid, but as the saying goes, "There's a time and place for everything". Conventions are the time and place to just say fuck it and have some fun. Just as long as it doesnt involve knocking out Uncle Kage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

I gotto agree. Like, it is stupid, but as the saying goes, "There's a time and place for everything". Conventions are the time and place to just say fuck it and have some fun. Just as long as it doesnt involve knocking out Uncle Kage.

Preferably, no one gets knocked out. Being knocked out isn't fun. Ever. Not even if you were being choked out by some sexy Russian spy type. 

You're right though, the saying is very key. Being a furry is an incredible amount of fun, but you should be able to turn that side of you off when it's not appropriate. Otherwise, it's then that you become that thing you dread. 

Also, just by the way, congratulations on being proposed too, Toshabi. I damn well hope you two are happy and stay happy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Wait you got proposed to at a furry convention?

+3,000 furry trash points

TO BE FAAAIR, it was an off con proposal. He was showing me around Reno and all the places he used to go to when he lived here and proposed to me after the tour was over. But either or, I will take my furry trash points and redeem them on a murrsuit someday.

9 hours ago, Clove Darkwave said:

700+ photos? Damn, I had to have seen you at least a few if not dozens of times and never knew it. That's impressive documentation there.

Yeah, I was practically flying throughout the con. Some of them were doubles though, and after clearing through some of the blurred shots, I'm down to 527ish. I'll be a while before I get something uploaded. I might make a thread for con photography on here.

• Like 1

Just now, Toshabi said:

TO BE FAAAIR, it was an off con proposal. He was showing me around Reno and all the places he used to go to when he lived here and proposed to me after the tour was over. But either or, I will take my furry trash points and redeem them on a murrsuit someday.

Yeah, I was practically flying throughout the con. Some of them were doubles though, and after clearing through some of the blurred shots, I'm down to 527ish. I'll be a while before I get something uploaded. I might make a thread for con photography on here.

Das cute yo, enjoy the murrsuit, you two

And a con photography thread sounds p fun, too

Congratulations on the proposal and I'm glad to hear you had fun!

I've still not gone to such a convention and likely won't for several more years. I've still not been to a convention of any kind and I'm not sure if I'd have fun or not, but your comments on a furry convention are reassuring.

Yeah, furry conventions are fun. Even for reserved wallflowers like me. I did it once, and had a blast. If only they weren't so far away.

It must be be awesome to have a significant other in the fandom. All she'd have to do is say the word, and I'd use conventions as an excuse for road trips. Just by myself? That's harder to rationalize.

4 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

Meanwhile, to people like me this forum and occasional link to some art downloaded in FA/Deviant is all they know about the fandom

So congratulations (I guess) for going out and socializing 

Yeah, I used to be that way to. Granted, the online portion of it all paints a pretty crappy picture of the IRL scene. Most, if not everyone, I met was aaaaight. Especially this goddam spazz in a meerkat suit I met. 

11 hours ago, Sylver said:

I remember my first furmeet. I didn't know if the rumors were true and I would regret going...and somehow this seemed like a good idea at the time.

I remember there was this one thread on the old rants and raves on FAF that described pretty much all the characters you'd meet in a furmeet. I don't remember any specifically, but most of the people were relatively cringeworthy (either because they were 'popufurs' or antisocial edgelords) and a few others were alright to get along with. Is it true?

I'm glad your plunge into the fandom was fun! It is nice to go all out and and nerd over a hobby knowing everyone else there is doing the same. I went to my first convention last year after nearly a year of interacting with furries IRL. It was one of the most amazing 5 days of my life, I'm going again next week and I cannot wait. I'm even running one of the events there (therian meet and greet) because I've wanted to do that for aaaaages. 

12 hours ago, Sylver said:

I remember my first furmeet. I didn't know if the rumors were true and I would regret going...and somehow this seemed like a good idea at the time.

I casually stood some distance away from the group and pretended to text while observing their behaviour.
*yeah, they shouldn't notice me here...*

20 minutes later...

Dude w/ fox tail sneaks up
"Hey are you here for our meetup?"
*OH SHIT! OH SHIT! OH FUCK! HOW DID THEY NOTICE ME?! THINK OF SOMETHING!*
"Yeah, I was waiting for a friend, but I don't think they're showing up."
*Well-done. Sounds plausible. Evokes pity; now this guy will invite you over, then welcome you to the group.*

For the next hour I was randomly hugged and scritched by people. It was oddly pleasurable.

I don't know what happened, but now I like penises =/

Bahaha one thing I've noticed about furmeets is the amount of affection there is, it came as a shock at first but I still hella enjoy it. It's brought me out of my shyness a bit.

BLFC is my favorite convention. Because it's well-organized, decent-sized, and easy to navigate, I think it's a good first con for newbies and greenhorns. The last two themes have also been wonderfully creative and brilliantly executed. I certainly regret not having been able to attend this year.

I'm so glad you had fun, Toshabi. Always happy to hear good con stories.

10 hours ago, Sylver said:

Anyway, as a general approach to life:
Never base your perception of someone on stereotypes or assumptions. Stereotypes and archetypes are useful as guidelines, but nothing more. Try to discard them as soon as their use has expired and always remain open minded. I think we all make the mistake of assuming things..

Very true. Somewhat unrelated but I remember there was a furmeet in my hometown in the summer. I wouldn't ever really consider going to a furmeet though, because I don't consider myself that involved in the fandom and don't really want to be. My friends who were in town at the time kept saying in my group chats that there was a fursuiter walking around the shopping centre and even came into their work to buy a video game or something, but they kept getting stopped by kids to get a photo with the parents. Do you follow Banksy's work? It was around the same time Dismaland opened (I live in the same town as the exhibition) so it was interesting to see people showing up to Dismaland in fursuits lol

1 minute ago, Toshabi said:

WHY IS EVERYONE SURPRISED TO KNOW IM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!?!??!?!

Lol, I tried the shock approach with my dad when he hounded me about going to Georgia and getting a fursuit. So, I said I was going to visit my boyfriend there and my dad just looked at me and asked "What, is that supposed to surprise me"? Dammit lol, well at least we know where my sense of humor is from ;3

Just now, Jerry said:

Heyy Ricky, how u doin? =3

Awesome! I'm in Seattle, living downtown in a tent :D

I literally hopped on Amtrak with close to nothing and came here.

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Lol, I tried the shock approach with my dad when he hounded me about going to Georgia and getting a fursuit. So, I said I was going to visit my boyfriend there and my dad just looked at me and asked "What, is that supposed to surprise me"? Dammit lol, well at least we know where my sense of humor is from ;3

Awesome! I'm in Seattle, living downtown in a tent :D

I literally hopped on Amtrak with close to nothing and came here.

wtf you're a hobo!?!

3 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

wtf you're a hobo!?!

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Wait you're homeless?? O.o

Yes, technically. For now, anyway.

Ricky had to GTFO of town. Actually, it doesn't seem like anything will come of that.

TBH though, I'm getting kind of sick of software engineering but that's what I have for legitimate experience.

I'd so much rather go into Chemistry so I'm debating on possibly volunteering at UW to go there for free.

I'll probably go back into software though, and then maybe make a business selling technically legal compounds online.

I might even make that happen by getting a chemistry set

11 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Yes, technically. For now, anyway.

Ricky had to GTFO of town. Actually, it doesn't seem like anything will come of that.

TBH though, I'm getting kind of sick of software engineering but that's what I have for legitimate experience.

I'd so much rather go into Chemistry so I'm debating on possibly volunteering at UW to go there for free.

I'll probably go back into software though, and then maybe make a business selling technically legal compounds online.

I might even make that happen by getting a chemistry set

That sounds rough, to say things lightly. I hope things look up for you, Ricky. I know you have the attitude and discipline to get back on your feet.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SirRob said:

That sounds rough, to say things lightly. I hope things look up for you, Ricky. I know you have the attitude and discipline to get back on your feet.

It's not as bad as it sounds, I'm sure. I happened to hop on Amtrak to the city with the most resources I've ever seen for this thing. There's free food just about every block if you know where to go. There are plenty of shelters but I like Tent City since there isn't a curfew or some god-awful time you need to be up by to leave. I have a cell phone as of yesterday and two interviews tomorrow.

There's really no excuse anymore x3

(sorry for the double-post but idk how alerts work with edits)

6 minutes ago, DevilBear said:

Lets just take a look at your recently purchased list...

Red phosphorus. Pseudoephedrine. Lithium batteries. Coffee filters. Muriatic acid. Rubber gloves. Paint thinner.

Nothing to see here folks.

Lol, nice shopping list x3

Even if I still made meth, which I haven't for 10-15 years, I know more about chemistry now than I did back then. Pseudoephedrine is about the most watched thing there is, it would be easier and harder to track using a nitroaldol condensation with benzaldehyde and nitroethane, the latter is also watched but easy enough to make by EtOH == HBr (water treatment tabs and HCl) ==> EtBr + AgNO2 ==> EtNO2 + AgBr(precip.) 

Not suggesting anyone actually do this, but that's my opinion on it anyway,

14 minutes ago, Ricky said:

It's not as bad as it sounds, I'm sure. I happened to hop on Amtrak to the city with the most resources I've ever seen for this thing. There's free food just about every block if you know where to go. There are plenty of shelters but I like Tent City since there isn't a curfew or some god-awful time you need to be up by to leave. I have a cell phone as of yesterday and two interviews tomorrow.

There's really no excuse anymore x3

(sorry for the double-post but idk how alerts work with edits)

I'm glad to hear it, I hope you're able to snag a job. I'm sure you've got the charisma to nail any job interview. Uh, I'd say more, but I don't want to derail this thread about Toshabi being garbage.

19 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

WALTER WHITE

ugh... >.<

That show is ridiculously inaccurate and unrealistic. I mean, methylamine -

6 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I don't want to derail this thread about Toshabi being garbage.

Oh... Right x3

Tosh, you should be ashamed of yourself: a grown man wearing fluffy bunny suits.

This is certainly the work of the Devil and your time of judgement awaitens :V

18 minutes ago, Ricky said:

ugh... >.<

That show is ridiculously inaccurate and unrealistic. I mean, methylamine -

Oh... Right x3

Tosh, you should be ashamed of yourself: a grown man wearing fluffy bunny suits.

This is certainly the work of the Devil and your time of judgement awaitens :V

Weren't you pretty much a pedophile?