Rave: Robots: The gift of tomorrow's world

Half-Note

Do you sit up at night, worrying that the next day, your boss will call you, saying that you no longer need to come in because a ROBOT stole your job?

You're not alone.

The robot-technology development has full speed ahead and even now, robots can be bought by the wealthiest of businessmen to do their work for them. Robots never complain, robots don't need time off, so it's an understandable investment in order to save money. Naturally this makes the proletariats somewhat upset that they may lose their jobs. Millions or even BILLIONS out of work because the robots took their jobs. Sounds like a nightmare, doesn't it?

But has everyone thought it over?

The robots are our future and they will ensure a safe and secure society. Here's how:

Robots will start taking our jobs which leaves us out of work, but this will give us all the time in the world to relax! Worried about the robots breaking down? Other robots will take care of it. Worried about a lack of food? Robots will be out to hunt and raise it. Worried about lawbreakers? Robots will be specifically designed to indiscriminately give them a bashing. This solves racism in the police too!

Robots can be designed to recognize speech patterns as well. Worried about someone saying something mean to you? The robots will be there to help you, tearing apart that dirty thought-criminal. :D This will also help censore unpopular  ideas. No more homophobes, racism, religious people (except for Muslims. They'll be designed to be extra careful with them cuz' "MUH MUHAMMAD"), The robots could even be designed to pay extra attention to white people becvause they're like; THE MOST RACIST OF ALL, RIGHT?!!!!!

A robot-controlled society will ensure that no-one can work to make more than what is available (if they try to, the robots will stop them) and make it possible for us all to relax without having to worry about anything. calm down, you'll be safe, the robots will take care of you...

Yep. We're looking forward to some dark times when robots take over all of the jobs. It'll take a while, but we'll be forced to change how the system works and adapt to living together with a new form of life.

15 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

I'm learning Computer Science

The robot can't take my job because I'll be the guy who gives a robot its job in the first place

When robots take over that field, it's pretty much over for any human job.
Or maybe even for humans altogether.

That's a pleasant future to look forward to.

5 minutes ago, george99g said:

When robots take over that field, it's pretty much over for any human job.
Or maybe even for humans altogether.

That's a pleasant future to look forward to.

Nah, there'll be employment

The world will be in desperate need of John Connors

1 hour ago, ArielMT said:

I'll be happy if the First Law of Robotics isn't an optional extra.

I'd be happy if they didn't use a lawset from an author who created it in order to break it in all of their books to create an interesting story.

2 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Realistically robots would prolly be better rulers over us then ourselves. especially when there's a chance of people like Trump being in those positions of power.

Like I'm pretty sure being ruled by robots would be better than being ruled by Trump.

Being ruled by robots sounds boring as fuck.

Also robots can't make AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!™

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Realistically robots would prolly be better rulers over us then ourselves. especially when there's a chance of people like Trump being in those positions of power.

Like I'm pretty sure being ruled by robots would be better than being ruled by Trump.

Dear god no.

Nature has always been the best guide, we should've never exceeded the carrying capacity of our environment.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Trump supports the robot industry because it will make America great again without having to provide benefits.

THINK OF THE SAVINGS!

On June 11, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Half-Note said:

Trump supports the robot industry because it will make America great again without having to provide benefits.

THINK OF THE SAVINGS!

Rich people could pay mexicans to scrub the toilet purely for entertainment purposes. 

On 12/06/2016 at 4:08 AM, AlastairSnowpaw said:

not quite sure what that even means.

You said robots would make better rulers of ourselves than ourselves. I'm saying that such heavy reliance on machines that require raping of the Earth's finite resources is not a good thing ;P

Not that we've been particularly good "rulers" of ourselves if you're talking about things like sustainability.

It sounds like a very boring world, especially in terms on writing, the arts and music.

I mean, the only music robots have given us is Dub-Step, those sounds they make when they have sex. And that shit's horrible enough for me not to trust them with much of anything.

8 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

It sounds like a very boring world, especially in terms on writing, the arts and music.

I mean, the only music robots have given us is Dub-Step, those sounds they make when they have sex. And that shit's horrible enough for me not to trust them with much of anything.

Not entirely!

• Like 1