Rave: Pineapple

DrGravitas

I haven't had any in over a year. I saw some at the store after the rearranged the shelves: fresh sliced pineapple. They are that special kind of amazing when you have something you like for the first time in a long time. Ever have that feeling? My tongue is melting, but I love it!

Just whatever you do, do not drink milk right after eating pineapple. It tastes really bad as the residual pineapple juices in your mouth cause the milk to curdle.

Kind of wish I had some milk on hand to try this. I don't know why...

Why do you like objectively the worst fruit?

mxsu5Wy.thumb.gif.fc275539c1a6a6834a4bc3

I'm allergic to fruit, so I'm not quite sure what pineapple tastes like. I've had some pineapple on accident, but it was cooked/in a pasty so I don't know what the legit fruit is like.

No, my tongue swelling and face getting itchy isn't worth trying it. However, I have considered eating a plate of strawberries and then using my epipen because they look really good.

I'm allergic to fruit, so I'm not quite sure what pineapple tastes like. I've had some pineapple on accident, but it was cooked/in a pasty so I don't know what the legit fruit is like.

No, my tongue swelling and face getting itchy isn't worth trying it. However, I have considered eating a plate of strawberries and then using my epipen because they look really good.

Well, for starters, it's the only fruit that eats you back. Literally! It's juices contain a type of enzyme for breaking down protein, ie. a kind of digestive chemical. While your saliva is beginning to break it down, its tasty juices are trying to do the same!

That is the source of the burning, melty (or as DevilishlyHandsome49 put it, cut up) feeling you get when you eat a lot of it.

Edited by DrGravitas

Well, for starters, it's the only fruit that eats you back. Literally! It's juices contain a type of enzyme for breaking down protein, ie. a kind of digestive chemical. While your saliva is beginning to break it down, its tasty juices are trying to do the same!

That is the source of the burning, melty (or as DevilishlyHandsome49 put it, cut up) feeling you get when you eat a lot of it.

Not the only one IMO, papaya can do that as well. Unripe papaya that is.

Yes.

Damn! Why doesn't it work for me?

• Like 1

Just whatever you do, do not drink milk right after eating pineapple. It tastes really bad as the residual pineapple juices in your mouth cause the milk to curdle.

Eh, I wouldn't mind stuff like that. I like the taste of OJ after I brush my teeth. 

I like my pineapple juice with Coconut juice (Coco Lopez) and fresh strawberries. Kind of a strawberry version of a pina colada. I have heard the flavor described as Tiger's Blood at Shaved Ice and snow cone vendors. I call them Tiger's Blood smoothies. I do not much care for rum, if I do have alcohol in the drink it is usually vodka.  (this is called a Chi Chi.)

I had so many pineapples in Hawaii. 

Fun fact: Eating pineapples makes your semen sweet.

I have heard they can make the fluids exiting you sweeter, urine as well as semen, but I don't know anyone who would want to know that for sure. I know diabetics have to carefully consume fruit and fruit juices because it will raise their glycemic index (Blood sugar.)

Edited by Skylar Husky

Any kind of burger.

Caribbean Jerk seasoning.

Pineapple slice.

Cook it up.

You're welcome.

Hmmm!  Now that sounds like a delicious idea.

Whenever I cook them myself on the grill, which isn't often, maybe twice or three times per year, I use chunks of hickory charcoal, not those pressed, formed, mixed with paraffin charcoal briquettes. Never use lighter fluid! That stuff gives a vile kerosene taste to the food on the grill.

And I buy the best, freshest, reddest, ground that day meat in the counter at the butcher shop in the supermarket. If you are lucky, you go towards the end of their day when they want to sell it and you might even get a discount on it. It is a rare treat to eat and if it it poison to my body, like people think, I am going to poison myself in the finest way I am capable!

Edited by Skylar Husky