General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

55 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

@6tails @Lucyfish @Crazy Lee

lol I'm not even good enough to work at a scam company

Not worth it. If you live in a tiny town you're not going to have enough of a customer base to sell overly priced knives to enough people, unless they all know you and want to be nice.

2 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Kirin. Asahi Super Dry. Sapporo. Tsingtao. Hangar 24's Orange Wheat.

I've literally never heard of any of these, but as long as the alcohol content of a drink doesn't destroy my throat going down, I'm game for anything. I'll have to see if any of the nearby liquor stores sell any of these.
Thank you.

First beer I ever had was some Budweiser beer, while touring the Anheiser brewery in St Louis (pretty cool tour though). And it tasted like shit.

I can't stand most normal american beers. I was at a nightclub concert and had something, labat blue I think, and I couldn't finish it, it was that bad. Just garbage.

Off the top of my head, I do love german wheat beer, though. Stuff tastes better than your standard American faire.
Franziskaner Weissbier (has a monk patting his belly on the front) is a favorite.

Also I like Guinness. Do that one.

Should we get him to try everclear? :V

44 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Not worth it. If you live in a tiny town you're not going to have enough of a customer base to sell overly priced knives to enough people, unless they all know you and want to be nice.

It's not even that (tho that would've been a problem since TK is a poor, working class city), but it's because I can't drive.

They didn't put that on the online application :^ )

• Like 1

something unusual happened today

while it doesn't always seem like it, i get very nervous and scared about my work sometimes, even small stuff. so sometimes i would get so nervous about doing poorly that i would just choose to instead not submit because i would assume that my work was a really low quality anyways

but today i decided not to do that, just with a very small japanese assignment. a simple worksheet, but my doubt and concern that i remembered it all incorrectly almost made me tear up the page before i gave it to her. but then i gave it to her and i got good marks.

it makes me wonder how much of what i (and maybe others) do that is just reactionary to the actual chance to prove yourself. that maybe you do need to remind yourself that even if something is wrong, it can't possibly be as bad as it seems.

i dunno. it just got me thinking and it was so weird feeling so scared and recognizing that fear as to when i would just give up on assignments and get low marks even when i knew it all correctly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Nope. OE 800 is OG.

Billy Dee Williams disagrees. 

11 minutes ago, evan said:

while it doesn't always seem like it, i get very nervous and scared about my work sometimes, even small stuff. so sometimes i would get so nervous about doing poorly that i would just choose to instead not submit because i would assume that my work was a really low quality anyways

but today i decided not to do that, just with a very small japanese assignment. a simple worksheet, but my doubt and concern that i remembered it all incorrectly almost made me tear up the page before i gave it to her. but then i gave it to her and i got good marks.

it makes me wonder how much of what i (and maybe others) do that is just reactionary to the actual chance to prove yourself. that maybe you do need to remind yourself that even if something is wrong, it can't possibly be as bad as it seems.

i dunno. it just got me thinking and it was so weird feeling so scared and recognizing that fear as to when i would just give up on assignments and get low marks even when i knew it all correctly.

In the future just throw your cards and coins at the most honest person in the room.

That's the most rational thing to do. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, evan said:

I used to be like that (and still kinda am). Like in high-school we had to make little presentation poster-y things about random subjects and I hated how mine turned out, even as others said they liked it a bunch. Then the time to present them in the cafeteria (since it was like a science fair type thing), I adamantly refused to let them show mine because i didn't want to embarrass myself which led to me yelling and arguing with a bunch of teachers and getting sent to the office for a day.

That thing really was garbage though imo.

• Like 1

Just now, 6tails said:

Dolomite > Lando

Boss Nigger > Dolomite

7 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I used to be like that (and still kinda am). Like in high-school we had to make little presentation poster-y things about random subjects and I hated how mine turned out, even as others said they liked it a bunch. Then the time to present them in the cafeteria (since it was like a science fair type thing), I adamantly refused to let them show mine because i didn't want to embarrass myself which led to me yelling and arguing with a bunch of teachers and getting sent to the office for a day.

That thing really was garbage though imo.

Post pics. I'll be the judge of how good it was. 

You know what I don't get? Why some people think that shipping is such a big deal, and that if you don't like a certain sort of ship, you're a homophobe or something. I just dealt with something like this on Instagram (screenshot below, I'm the bottom reply obviously), and it's confusing as to why people take shipping so damn seriously. It's supposed to be fun.

Selection_029.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewge said:

Am I the only one here that's addicted to WoW again?

I'm even playing it over drawing the beefy otters now... Save me ):
Just kidding. I could never prefer something over drawing beefy animal peoples.

Maybe I should actually watch one of your streams in full instead of popping in and out for 5 seconds lol

• Like 1

>go to sleep unusually tired and with a dry throat

>wake up in the middle of the night

>get out from under the covers to use the restroom

>body starts shaking so much that I have little control over movement

>am extremely cold

>get back under the covers and try to warm myself

>fall asleep

>wake up burning hot, with a sore throat and a headache

WHY

I HAVE TWO TESTS TOMORROW AND A LAB TODAY

39 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

>am extremely cold

>fall asleep

WHY

You have the same thing as me.

Take something with Ibuprofen in it and you'll feel 50% better but still awful. 

2 hours ago, Battlechili said:

>am extremely cold

>fall asleep

WHY

Were you unable to stop shaking uncontrollably even after you should have been warm? If this was the case, it was probably rigors; uncontrollable shaking your body uses to raise its temperature at the onset of a viral or bacterial infection (which seems likely given that you later waking up burning hot).

You might want to seek medical attention, as it could be a pretty serious infection, especially if the rigors lasted for a significant period of time (over an hour or two).

I actually experienced rigors less than 2 weeks ago, I was hospitalized with a fever of 102 and highly elevated white blood cell count, though since then i have gotten better.

5 minutes ago, Osrik said:

Were you unable to stop shaking uncontrollably even after you should have been warm? If this was the case, it was probably rigors; uncontrollable shaking your body uses to raise its temperature at the onset of a viral or bacterial infection (which seems likely given that you later waking up burning hot).

You might want to seek medical attention, as it could be a pretty serious infection, especially if the rigors lasted for a significant period of time (over an hour or two).

I actually experienced rigors less than 2 weeks ago, I was hospitalized with a fever of 102 and highly elevated white blood cell count, though since then i have gotten better.

I'm tired of being sick. This is day 4 and I've had enough. 

I only get sick like once every year or year and a half. Fine I realize people have to get sick once in a while but why does it have to take so long?

7 minutes ago, Osrik said:

Yes, though as I warmed up that began to subside. It didn't last a significantly long time, just while I wasn't under the covers. Once under the covers it slowly calmed down.

Pretty sure I just had/have? a fever. Having chills and wild ups and downs in how hot or cold it feels is fairly normal. I appreciate the concern, but I don't think I need a hospital visit. I'm beginning to feel better as this day goes on, though that may just be the medicine kicking in.

9 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Yes, though as I warmed up that began to subside. It didn't last a significantly long time, just while I wasn't under the covers. Once under the covers it slowly calmed down.

Pretty sure I just had/have? a fever. Having chills and wild ups and downs in how hot or cold it feels is fairly normal. I appreciate the concern, but I don't think I need a hospital visit. I'm beginning to feel better as this day goes on, though that may just be the medicine kicking in.

Yeah, that does sound pretty normal then, probably just shivering. As I didn't know what rigors were before I experienced them, I just wanted to share what I'd heard in case that was what you had.

Good to hear you're feeling better.

16 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I'm tired of being sick. This is day 4 and I've had enough. 

I only get sick like once every year or year and a half. Fine I realize people have to get sick once in a while but why does it have to take so long?

Yeah, being sick sucks. I rarely get sick myself, but when I do, it always seems to be something bad that lasts quite a while, never something minor that I get over in a few days.

Hopefully you're able to get over whatever you have pretty soon.

6 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Odds are it's because this is a strong enough infection or different enough infection that your body is having to take time to deal with it as antibodies weren't already in circulation in sufficient quantity to help fight against it. I'm the same way. Won't get sick for two or three years, then suddenly I'm fucked for a month straight, usually around summer instead of winter (I just laugh at everyone during winter. I've had the flu maybe four times in my 34 years of life.)

Yeah I think at some points I've gone two years without being sick. But yeah when I get sick I get really sick. Super sucks. 

Made some Ginseng tea the other day, using a 6 year old red Korean root, some poria cocos, and some white licorice bark, and a few red jujube dates...very invigorating, yet also calming. I'm starting to get back into making various Ginseng based teas, and amassing a small collection of roots, barks, berries and the like, and have a few books on Chinese herbs. It's also good iced, and has pretty much zero sugar.

But damn, this tea sure does make a person horny, on top of energetic, though...

2 hours ago, 6tails said:

Ginger, Ginseng, Hibiscus, Lime Zest. Make tea, sieve, sip.

Ah, I do like to add some ginger and lime, especially for an iced version in the summer. Will have to try hibiscus, as well. Sounds good! 

I've pretty much given up drinking alcohol, and have gotten more into things like these...I do love wine in particular, though I gotta be careful, as drinking can make make me pretty depressed/moody/erratic.

• Vae pinned this topic