General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

Music festivals are exhausting but fun. This past weekend, my uncle invited my dad and I to Louder than Life down in Louisville. Two days full of awesome music and crowd shenanigans. Everything from Zakk Wylde entering the crowd while shredding away (with a really long cord) to an emergency cart trying to drive through the crowd during A7X and M. Shadows asking if there was something wrong or if someone was trying to drive a car through the pit. And speaking of mosh pits, there were people carrying crowd surfers through the most pits, especially prevalent during Slipknot. What a crazy, fun weekend.

• Like 1

I kinda wish more games had ridiculously anachronistic factions like Urban Assault's Taerkastens.

Crazy-ass Luddite druids piloting WWI tech like zeppelins, biplanes, and big rhomboid tanks like the British Mark I, going up against futuristic jets, helicopter gunships, and laser hovertanks (and actually still posing a serious threat because they have enough armor to shrug off nearly anything)

• Like 1

My life feels really precarious, right now...I hope I have more time to go. I am not sure, anymore. I was thinking of my friend, Ricky, who died, and how easily I might go down a similar path, and that odd phone call from the hospital. And how my own life is a similar but different sorta mess, but with me, I'm less cocky and optimistic than he was.

He had this as his avi on FA: I just read the book, as if searching for clues, about his life, my own. It's odd, I used to be really, really afraid of death...now, it does not seem like such an unusual thing. I guess after a few decades of therapy, and trying every pill known to psychiatry, you get used to the idea. Damn, I don't often open up like this, but am feeling hurt and scared inside, like I have used up my options....

514ayGwN0tL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 3

For 6 years I've held on to a little business card from the company with their little code of conduct on it (by which I mean it sat in a slot in a notebook I doodle in during meetings.)

Today, holding on to that inconsequential little card paid off! A guy I know needed it to make copies for a new assessment round and didn't have any XP

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

My life feels really precarious, right now...I hope I have more time to go. I am not sure, anymore. I was thinking of my friend, Ricky, who died, and how easily I might go down a similar path, and that odd phone call from the hospital. And how my own life is a similar but different sorta mess, but with me, I'm less cocky and optimistic than he was.

He had this as his avi on FA: I just read the book, as if searching for clues, about his life, my own. It's odd, I used to be really, really afraid of death...now, it does not seem like such an unusual thing. I guess after a few decades of therapy, and trying every pill known to psychiatry, you get used to the idea. Damn, I don't often open up like this, but am feeling hurt and scared inside, like I have used up my options....

514ayGwN0tL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thanks for making such an honest and heart felt post. 

I wish you all the best and good luck in your current situation. 

There are always options sometimes it's just hard to see them or accept them.

I'd suggest talking to a professional to help sort things out.

Sometimes all you need is some perspective and little direction and everything becomes clearer. 

• Like 3

Let's start a war. Start a nuclear war.

At the gay bar gay bar gay bar....

On 10/4/2016 at 2:10 PM, Vitaly said:

Best trolling of iphone I've ever seen

Oh hay look a $650-$750 phone. Thanks Google. Either I get buttraped by Apple without lube (with a shiny white and chrome dick with an apple on it), I get buttraped by Google without lube, or I get buttraped by Samsung without lube and my ass lights on fire.

8 hours ago, Saxon said:

I literally only use twitter to look at people's butts: https://twitter.com/fursuitbutts

Interesting fetish you have there....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Let's start a war. Start a nuclear war.

At the gay bar gay bar gay bar....

Oh hay look a $650-$750 phone. Thanks Google. Either I get buttraped by Apple without lube (with a shiny white and chrome dick with an apple on it), I get buttraped by Google without lube, or I get buttraped by Samsung without lube and my ass lights on fire.

Interesting fetish you have there....

I mean honestly Samsung isn't that bad, and it has yet to light me on fire, though I am using an older phone.

But that band is awesome.

2 hours ago, Moogle said:

Not sure if there's anyone from or close to Florida on these forums, but if you are, stay safe. Hurricane Matthew is gonna be a doozy. 

Looks like it's trekking north, and may hit hardest in the more northern part of the Florida, as well as Georgia. Hope everyone is OK down there.

1 minute ago, SirRob said:

I've been thinking about the hurricane, too. I hope all of you in the southeast states stay safe!

It's a good thing it missed Virginia, but I am still worried about my southern friends. 
The path looks like it'll take another spin through Florida.

10 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It's a good thing it missed Virginia, but I am still worried about my southern friends. 
The path looks like it'll take another spin through Florida.

Brutal. I hope Florida's preparations will get everyone through this safely. After going through Hurricane Sandy, I really feel for people who have to go through that. Took a lot of time and effort to recover from it.

57 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Brutal. I hope Florida's preparations will get everyone through this safely. After going through Hurricane Sandy, I really feel for people who have to go through that. Took a lot of time and effort to recover from it.

The worse hurricane I experienced was Isabel. My mom, sister, and a friend stayed further inland with my grandfather since we lived at the beach that year and the damage wasn't fully cleaned until 5-7 years later. Since Matt's a nasty hurricane, the impact will probably take it's toll. maybe to rival Katrina?

Man, to this day I cannot fucking stand Metal, but I remember in middle school I was a big fan of Disturbed. They were a "guilty pleasure" for me. Apparently they're not regarded highly by metal hrdcre fans because anytime I mentioned them I got shat on. But I never felt like my ears were being assaulted by heated screwdrivers when I listened to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Man, to this day I cannot fucking stand Metal, but I remember in middle school I was a big fan of Disturbed. They were a "guilty pleasure" for me. Apparently they're not regarded highly by metal hrdcre fans because anytime I mentioned them I got shat on. But I never felt like my ears were being assaulted by heated screwdrivers when I listened to them.

Disturbed is pretty good, although a substantial portion of their set live consists of cover tunes.

I think you might like Fear Factory.

• Like 1

I am not allowed to access certain confidential info, but I still need to fix problems  with the system that processes that data. There is a file I am not allowed to access or download that can't be emailed. So, I spent a week coordinating between the technical person who can access the file, the 3rd party that provides the file, and the business person who needs to check the file for missing information.

All of these people are aware I cannot view, access, or download the file. The file cannot be emailed either, due to security regulations, so has to be sent through the system.

I had to time it so the file is provided through the system and pulled out before the system reprocesses it because it may contain data that was already processed. Despite my instructions, which I'm not allowed to provide directly to the 3rd party and has to be put through business (who somehow keeps forgetting I'm not allowed to touch the file), the 3rd party put up the file late. The technical-capable person, who is actually the client-side team lead, did not pull it when they said and waited to ask again if they should pull it. Finally today they pulled the file (probably after it was reprocessed by the system).

They then proceeded to cc me on the email where they attached the file, that I'm not allowed to see and isn't supposed to be emailed, to the business guy.

tmp_23048-14797-man-depressed-office-cube-blue-computer-screen-guilty-wide.1200w.tn2029774287.jpg

It isn't even the file from the date we requested.

• Like 3

i love the absurdity of daily life

i walk around pretending to develop a persona as a competent and reliable musical professional and then i come home and for some reason my day isn't complete without pretending to be a sperm dumpster dog monster on the internet

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I feel like I made this post before, but I'm back...again.

I just needed to avoid Phoenix for a bit due to certain personal reasons and events.

It's fine. We were avoiding you too.

I'm joking. It's nice to have you back.

• Like 2

• Vae pinned this topic