General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

2 hours ago, Lopaw said:

Did anyone get slightly emotional when watching zootopia because I did, having seen it over xmas.

I wouldn't say emotional, but I did like a lot of Nick's lines and how Judy wasn't necessarily a completely good person.

1 hour ago, Kosha said:

tumblr_inline_o3ph9yLsL71qdo426_500.gif

*sigh* Yes.

My man was JAMMIN. He is feeling the groove. Heaven is here inside his soul.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Socketosis said:

Take a look at a massive code base (like some virtual reality) and you'll probably realize just how complicated shit gets with computers. It's a lot to take in even for the people dedicated to them.

However, I kind of agree with him, but I think he should've specifically said the internet. It's hard to tell what the fuck is going on when it's relatively easy to hide who you are, or even the machine you're connecting from.

As someone who's aspiring to an IT job, I know how complex and insane code can be. That being said, i assume there are professionals out there way better at networking stuff than I am who could find, with some research, where a hack may have come from.

The way dump says it sounds stupid. About the only thing I agree with him on is that internet security sucks balls. For many companies it seems security was just an afterthought, something too expensive to worry about. And a "It won't happen to us" mentality.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

The way dump says it sounds stupid. About the only thing I agree with him on is that internet security sucks balls. For many companies it seems security was just an afterthought, something too expensive to worry about. And a "It won't happen to us" mentality.

I went to a class-like-thing about that (it was recommended that Business Analytics students like I was went, even tho it had fuck all to do with analytics), and they said that's how most companies usually thought about security.

Do note that all the speakers were company spokepeople.

Back from northern Michigan! I forgot how remote it is, up there, near Charlevoix / Traverse City. And snowy! Crossed the Mackinaw Bridge in some high winds, just before they closed it, one day, I forgot how amazing that water looks, when it's choppy and violent. Got to see my folks, what cousins that are living, my 9 year old nephew, my sister; it'd been a few years since I've seen them. Odd to be back in Gotham City. 

So I just wanted to wish you all a happy new years, where hopefully it'll be a great one. I didn't get to visit much in terms of family but I got to see all of my close friends and I got to go to a party (more of a get together to be honest) at our neighbors today. 

• Like 1

I think spending most of the holidays alone is making me irritable. Or, more to the point, spending most of my "socializing" time around people unlike me is making me irritable. Always feel like there's something I need to say and I can't just shut up or be gentle. So there's a resolution. 

In other news, I have acquired a hobby telescope. The seeing out here is fantastic, all I need to do is figure out a way to affix a camera to the telescope and I'll be doing good.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 4:21 PM, Lopaw said:

Did anyone get slightly emotional when watching zootopia because I did, having seen it over xmas.

I wanted to fuck every single one of those Tiger Male Dancers after I lathered their muscular chest's with butter creame and licked it off.

• Like 7

In other news, I'm actually making progress on my partial. Finally glued the fur to the head. Now I need to add some fur to the neck and do the eyes. Not sure what I'm going to do with length at this point, as I kind of like the fluffy look. It's just hard to manage. If only there was some kind of hair spray that won't damage the fibers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

I feel like I should have done it earlier, or that it only means that most people who visit my page don't like it and leave.

10000 is a great number though, and besides, a small view count says nothing about the quality of your art; just that you haven't been discovered.

2 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

I have the day off today! \o/

Same here! And I really need it before resuming work; visiting family coupled with long air travel is definitely taxing, I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. And my birthday is this week! 

@DrGravitas So did ya get elected boss mod yet? Maybe I can be your campaign manager. We need live debates, coming up!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Same here! And I really need it before resuming work; visiting family coupled with long air travel is definitely taxing, I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. And my birthday is this week! 

@DrGravitas So did ya get elected boss mod yet? Maybe I can be your campaign manager. We need live debates, coming up!

lol, not yet! :P Lemon's lock on the Site Discussion thread indicated applications would be opened in the coming weeks. So, the election will probably happen not long afterwards. They said they'd keep them open for a month, IIRC.

8 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

lol, not yet! :P Lemon's lock on the Site Discussion thread indicated applications would be opened in the coming weeks. So, the election will probably happen not long afterwards. They said they'd keep them open for a month, IIRC.

OK, I'll keep my eyes peeled! Also, what's IIRC? Irritated Ibises Resisting Caffeine? Or is it that Atari looking chat thingy that for some reason, never went away on the internet? Will have to figure it out!

Also: Was odd to have no internet access for a week...have not had that sensation in some years.

2 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

OK, I'll keep my eyes peeled! Also, what's IIRC? Irritated Ibises Resisting Caffeine? Or is it that Atari looking chat thingy that for some reason, never went away on the internet? Will have to figure it out!

Also: Was odd to have no internet access for a week...have not had that sensation in some years.

If I Recall Correctly

Ah, so that's why I hadn't seen you around! Well, good to see you again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

If I Recall Correctly

Ah, so that's why I hadn't seen you around! Well, good to see you again.

Oh, thanks! But yep, I am returning from the snowy northern wilderness, and just taking a peek around the place. Seems pretty calm. I'll have to head over to the games department, and nose about, and a few other places.

~

And I need to make some food...somehow, heating up last night's 7-11 pizza is not a very thrilling thought...guess a run to the grocery store is in order.

1 hour ago, Hux said:

I wish everyone's new year's resolution was to stop bitching about 2016.

Plz.

BUUUUUH! TWENTYSIXTEEN WUZ SO BAD CUZ...CUZ A LOT OF C3LEBRITIEZ I DIDNT KNOW ANYTHUNG ABUTT TILL PPL POSTED ABOUT THEM DIED AND... AND... HIC... MADAM PRESIDENT WUZ A LIE CUZ TRUMP WUN AND... AND HIC.... UGH MY LIFE IS STILL LAME ;;

What the fuck is this odorless...clay like stuff in my dryer and laundry whenever I wash my blankets? It clumps up into small beads to large clumps and is the exact color and consistency of kneaded erasers. :l

What the shit is this stuff? What the SHIT is it?

• Vae pinned this topic