General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

On 2/22/2017 at 5:04 PM, DrGravitas said:

"Only" 10K? That seems like a lot to me! O.o

What sort of youtube content do you produce?

Ok I will be open with you. Youtube is big pile of crap. I got 2 community strikes for nothing (reason sexual content, but there is none in my vids) and they still declined my dispute. Also there companies that steal monetization from me (every single video), like they own every single cringy clip, and they claim monetization at the same day. I managed to earn 1300$ but if not these fucks and youtube bullshit I would have earned atleast 5k. They do not care about content creators.

26 minutes ago, Lopaw said:

Someone really badly needs to promote the forum discord chat server, it's the best this place has to a shoutbox but it's somehow become near dead.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Problem is, the Discord chat is no longer endorsed. The official thread for it now has all the text crossed out and tells us not to request access.

Which is a problem, because we don't have a chat for everyone anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Problem is, the Discord chat is no longer endorsed. The official thread for it now has all the text crossed out and tells us not to request access.

Make Discord great again! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Actually, that is for a separate older 18+ Discord Server (PDC) that is now defunct. PFO, the Phoenixed Forum Official Discord Server, is still available.

when the hell is my next doctor appointment?  it was supposed to be a month from the last one but it feels like it's been a million years or something

where even am i

i know i have work today... so heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and also not hey

So a teenage boy won the Texas high school girl's wrestling championship.

"Wait, what did you say," they ask? Yes, a boy won girl's wrestling in Texas. Why? Because Texas is an ass backwards state that should be sunk into the Gulf. Or given back to Mexico and the drug lords.

This boy was female once, a transboy I guess. He's on testosterone. He tried to get transferred to the men's divisions but Texas refused because he has to play in the side of his birth gender, in other words, the girl's side. Oops.

I expect a lot of conservatives' heads to pop. They'll probably claim he was taking testosterone for an unfair advantage and not because he's trans, because trans doesn't actually exist and trans people are mentally ill and have a delusional mindset. It's amazing how wrong they are on everything trans. Part of it is they assume trans people THINK they're biologically the gender they think they are, like for instance trans women think they have the body of a woman. No trans person I have known have ever thought that they have the sex they wished they did, that's why they tend to be depressed about it. But, people would rather be uneducated about trans people and marinate in their own bias and hatred.

@WolfNightV4X1

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

They'll probably claim he was taking testosterone for an unfair advantage and not because he's trans

i've already seen an article in the paper about this, talking about people contesting it because "she had an unfair advantage".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

[Stuff and things]

No trans person I have known have ever thought that they have the sex they wished they did, that's why they tend to be depressed about it. But, people would rather be uneducated about trans people and marinate in their own bias and hatred.

Not sure why Im mentioned in this, do you just have that little news story to tell me or some relevent "Can confirm cuz iz trans" type dealio? Or just some info on some guy like me so Im relevant?

Eh, in any case thats pretty hilarious, maybe they'll let him play on the boys team where he'll be evenly or lesser matched for once (or just kick him out of wrestling since he doesnt belong in either considering how ass backwards they are)

As for that whole bit there, yeah pretty much. I dont think any trans person considers themself fully biologically male or female, they arent delusional. The thing with these people is they cant separate sex from gender, since sex and gender are innately one and the same to them, whereas people who are trans feel a very real distinction between the two, knowing there are physical things that do not make them the gender they feel, and other mechanisms that do.

I still find it funny that people claim they transition because of reasons like transmen are just trying to escape the patriarchy by becoming the dominant sex because of being warped by feminism or some shit like that. Literally they have no idea that theres no extrinsic or ulterior motive, lol

14 hours ago, DrDingo said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

I'm going to fix that right now.  PFO is still up, and I'm its admin now.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2017 at 2:31 PM, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Two days ago it was cold and rainy, and today it's fucking like 80 degrees :')

bYxOWSW.jpg

Me: Look at this cute little winterguard show!

Boyfriend: Is that the Windows XP background on the panels.

I thought so too until I looked at the middle panel.  It looks like the Napa Valley photo, but the XP wallpaper didn't have the sun in it.

Also, that reminds me the Texas legislature actually needed to pass a resolution urging people not to use the Chile flag emoji to show Texas pride online.

TexasFlagPicture2.jpgchile-flag.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArielMT said:

I thought so too until I looked at the middle panel.  It looks like the Napa Valley photo, but the XP wallpaper didn't have the sun in it.

Also, that reminds me the Texas legislature actually needed to pass a resolution urging people not to use the Chile flag emoji to show Texas pride online.

TexasFlagPicture2.jpgchile-flag.jpg

To be fair, the one on the far right looks the most like it.

Also really Texas? rip

6 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

To be fair, the one on the far right looks the most like it.

Also really Texas? rip

That's how tolerant Texas has become. There was a time when Texas would be chewing out Chile for their blatant attempt to steal 80% of the greatness of Texas with a similar flag. (Chile's flag is older.)

Also, Chilean flag, right of the blue field. There is the appearance of a face.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

I overslept and I'm totally late for work D8

I woke up early, but the train broke down, so I was still a bit late! Oddly, I thought of sleeping in, and catching a later train, which is what basically ended up happening. Luckily work is OK with such things; between traffic jams/transit issues/congestion in the DC region, being up to a half hour late is actually kinda common, or common enough that everyone seems to understand. (which still doesn't make it much fun)

I just received confirmation of my enrollment in an Embedded C programming class. I've never worked directly with C. At least not beyond "Hello World!" I have worked with C# and Arduino before, however, and I'd like to know a more efficient way to program Atmel microcontrollers. The goal is to then use something like Eagle to design more efficient PCBs for my devices. My boss probably thinks I'm either nuts or unfocused. I'm a tech/sysadmin, not a real programmer or a real engineer, but darn it I want to make stuff. And yeah, I'm probably nuts. At least a little.

• Like 3

• Vae pinned this topic