General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

3 minutes ago, 6tails said:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/09/hillarys_mysterious_handler_badge_man_pops_up_on_campaign_plane_after_coughing_fit.html

While the mainstream has been trying to hide this, they are failing miserably in the day and age of cell phone cameras. This guy has been wandering around carrying some sort of injection device. Any time she seems to have any sort of medical issue, he's suddenly right there.

Now, who she picked for her VP running mate doesn't matter if she dies before the election. The DNC has the right to put whomever they want up there in the event she dies before the election happens, up to the day before voting. She's just made her running mate pick so her party has a chance to do what it wants to do this term if she gets elected and passes..

Okay. This is all kind of stuff of a conspiratorial nature which is a deviation from my Brother's joke that people should vote for Hillary because she would die and end the Trump-Hillary dead-end.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

Very much unfit when they insist on hiding it from the public and attempt to manipulate the media into doing so...

220px-StephenGroverCleveland.pnglossy-page1-220px-President_Wilson_1919.lossy-page1-416px-FDR_1944_Color_Portrailossy-page1-469px-JFK_WHPO.tif.jpg

Kind of like these men - several of the most well-known and well-liked U.S. presidents?

Or any of the number of other U.S. presidents that were secretly (or openly) ill in office but still managed to do their duties?

• Like 3

I see what people are angry about...

Heard the business shut down because of all the outrage.
Are these people stupid?

4 hours ago, Onnes said:

Well shit. I figure you know what you're doing, but if you'd like to discuss additional recovery options then send me a PM. I have some experience extracting raw photos from failing SD cards and HDDs.

I was thinking that, depending on the type of format, and as long as she didn't dban it, it probably just removed the file storage tables that tell the computer where each file begins and ends, but the file data is still there until it gets overridden. So it would be recoverable. But it sounds like she got as much as she could get. :(

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

Very much unfit when they insist on hiding it from the public and attempt to manipulate the media into doing so, much like they glossed over the Sioux pipeline until Presidential Candidate Jill Stein got an arrest warrant issued on her for vandalizing the pipeline equipment. Suddenly, Obama's halting construction on it with the media reporting widely on it.

You see this stuff long enough, it's easy enough to see through. Give yourself another ten years, you'll probably be quick to spot the political bullshit.

Wait, so the media hides Hillary's health problems because they're pro hillary (on the left), but then hide the pipeline controversy because they're... pro-business/fossilfuel (on the right)?

Which side are they on? Hillary and the left, or the oil companies and the right?

3 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

220px-StephenGroverCleveland.pnglossy-page1-220px-President_Wilson_1919.lossy-page1-416px-FDR_1944_Color_Portrailossy-page1-469px-JFK_WHPO.tif.jpg

Kind of like these men, several of the most well-known and well-liked U.S. presidents?

Or any of the number of other U.S. presidents that were secretly (or openly) ill in office but still managed to do their duties?

Yea, god forbid they allow a man with POLIO and in a wheelchair run for president...

...oh wait...

FDR_in_1933.jpg

5 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Yea, god forbid they allow a man with POLIO and in a wheelchair run for president...

Or candidates that had recently been shot.

Or candidates that had just recovered from a lung infection that had put them on their deathbed.

Or candidates so overweight they ran the risk of dying in their sleep.

Or candidates that had nearly died of malaria.

Or any number of other things because people over 35 - more often nearing their 50s and 60s - tend to be in a little less than top shape. Dysentery, influenza, pneumonia, cancer, depression, tuberculosis, Chron's disease, and others are not unknown to the White House.

Washington had more than one of those before, during, and after his presidency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 6tails said:

The only thing Kennedy tried to hide was Chlamydia. The others had PUBLICLY-KNOWN issues. They were still far, FAR MORE CAPABLE of handling a country than someone who blanks out on-stage, overheats in weather that most Floridians find outright chilly, and tries to hide the full details of her problems while people are demanding the right to know.

It wasn't until after Kennedy's death that it was known he had primary adrenal insufficiency and hypothyroidism. In treating those and other illnesses, he was taking excessive amounts of steroids, animal hormones, amphetamines, and many types of painkillers. He was on powerful medication nearly 24/7, and the results of taking those medications only made him all the more sick. Nobody knew about this.

Wilson's illnesses were hidden from his first weakness in late 1919 to late 1920. He could not move the left side of his body. He could not fully understand what his wife said to him for some time. He could not read. The Congress didn't even know for some time.

People knew FDR had had disabilities, but the campaigns he ran insisted that his condition had improved. They knew he was once confined to a wheelchair, but they thought he could now walk. The only time during his presidency he even admitted there was a problem to the public was just before he died during his Yalta Address. That was the first time he had even admitted he used leg braces during his presidency. He was president for 12 years and the public got two seconds on the issue.

Cleveland even faked a cruise on the Oneida and filled it with doctors and surgeons to have his cancer removed, the White House said he had only had teeth removed in an emergency during the cruise, and they even denied it had never happened when people present released what had happened.

Also, any candidate that can listen, read, or write is more qualified than Wilson was while ill.

40 minutes ago, 6tails said:

And the problem with this rebuttal is again, he didn't try to hide these things.

I didn't try to suggest Washington hid his illness. I was attempting to suggest that serious illness is rather common in the presidency and to candidates. Even Washington's doctors basically felt he was an old man that was just suffering from age. Pneumonia was to be expected during that time - he had had it at least twice - and Washington had no fear of dying of pneumonia in office; he told his doctors this.

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

The American people had a right to know all about their leaders back then.

Some people didn't know Washington was president for weeks and sometimes months. Some people went a large portion of their lives without knowing he was ever president. Up until the 1920s, one didn't know much of anything about the president. That was the whole point of the Electoral College. The same issue was why people did not vote for their Senators until the 1900s.

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

Now days, you don't get to know shit about them and their sleazeball connections. They hide their taxes, they hide their medical records, they hide anything and everything that might make them look bad.

Presidential candidates usually do release tax returns, but they don't tend to release medical records. I'm not aware of one that has or should have. Had that been common in the past, I doubt we would have had a JFK or FDR presidency. Walking pharmacies would probably not get voted in even back then. The tax return thing isn't even that old either.

Also, we know far too much about every candidate for considering all of them to be reasonable. That said, have you actually read all 600+ pages of the Clinton tax returns that have been released, or is that just too much?

1 minute ago, Lucius said:

Hello everyone.

Olá. Have a terrapin. Its free.

• Like 1

I have gotten hit with a odd version of the tetris effect, trying to relate pokemon dex numbers to various electrical components, mostly LM series voltage regulators and op-amps.

At least I got Manaphy from a kind person soon after loosing my first ever shiny (I got in a trade) to a scammer who wanted shiny for shiny and didn't trade me one of his.

14 minutes ago, 6tails said:

That's more a symptom of the bad medicine back then, and those illnesses aren't detrimental to a person's capability to run a country.

Poor treatment of a hidden illness is still not a good thing in a president.

There were also better treatments, it was just that the matter was so secret that it was nearly impossible for JFKs other doctors to get the one to stop overdosing him.

15 minutes ago, 6tails said:

They also noted that Polio did not affect his ability to lead the country.

But the medications did. He, too, was on large doses of pain medications and steroids. He was not in front of the public or the Congress without being medicated. As far as I am aware, the only Big Three head that saw him without the medications was Churchill, and Churchill wheeled Roosevelt in his chair once as much out of respect as he did out of pity.

21 minutes ago, 6tails said:

I'm still about 150 pages in and at a halt while reading a new report re: 9/11 towers falling in some supposed European physics journal.

That's much better than most of the American public, and acknowledging that most people just don't care is important with issues like this.

If we must have a serious discussion about this, then the bottom line is that you ought to vote for the party whose policies you believe are best justified. After all the system of vice presidents and other potential candidates explicitly exists in order to allow political discourse to continue if a candidate or president is taken ill.

Suggestions that Hillary deliberately chose her vice president because she knew she was going to fall ill, and presumably felt moved to choose somebody just as unpalatable as herself to replace her when she did, are confusing; why even bother running if she knew she was not going to complete the race back in July? This hypothesis is even more confused because the diagnosis of pneumonia was only made last Friday.

Not to mention that it's not exactly a very exciting conspiracy theory that 'this candidate chose their vice president in case they became ill themselves!'.

...like...that's the point, folks.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 6tails said:

Her VP was probably carefully chosen to maintain the status quo she had in mind, knowing this was incoming.

How deep do you have to go to find someone that isn't a complete failure?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession

56 minutes ago, Saxon said:

If we must have a serious discussion about this, then the bottom line is that you ought to vote for the party whose policies you believe are best justified. After all the system of vice presidents and other potential candidates explicitly exists in order to allow political discourse to continue if a candidate or president is taken ill.

An addendum:  The polarized situation of 2 parties is a major problem in need of fixing.

Imho a system with more parties forming coalitions would lead to better/more democratic decision making. (By allowing the rise and fall of individual parties without (/with less) the "we need to cater to that wing because if we don't the other party will take it all!")

Video conference with a bigwig. I was late because of problems with my alarm clock. Thankfully, technical difficulties cancelled that out. We started later and he was non-the-wiser.

Video was still busted, too. All we could see was a Bond-esque shadowy figure in some dark room with bright highlights. Kinda surreal. No doodling during this one!

15 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Video conference with a bigwig. I was late because of problems with my alarm clock. Thankfully, technical difficulties cancelled that out. We started later and he was non-the-wiser.

Video was still busted, too. All we could see was a Bond-esque shadowy figure in some dark room with bright highlights. Kinda surreal. No doodling during this one!

Maybe he was embarrassed that his wig wasn't big enough! Was he also a fat-cat, or just a big-wig?

Teleconferences and the like at work always make me edgy...would rather just have a 'live' meeting. Though I either tend to be too mouthy, or else fall asleep. I'm not always the best at meetings; I'm the sort who says what everyone is thinking, but is afraid to, then the higher ups scowl at me.

• Like 1

His silhouette was thin and you could see highlights coming off head, so clearly his wig wasn't nearly big enough :Y

It was more of a be-talked-to meeting any how. All we gave were intros. They talked about growth, how we need to develop processes to take our 30 people and expand to 300. How our center is going to be the heart of their business all around the country. How the client is seeing individual effort and not a cohesive team and blah-blah-blah.

9 minutes ago, Xaende said:

Tortoises can't swim? I had no idea. One might say that his mistake tortoise a lesson.

Apparently mistaken people throwing tortoises into water is widespread: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32214019/well-meaning-people-are-accidentally-drowning-tortoises

I feel sad now. :c

I looked it up and tortoises 'sink to the bottom, like a rock'.

20 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Apparently mistaken people throwing tortoises into water is widespread: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32214019/well-meaning-people-are-accidentally-drowning-tortoises

I feel sad now. :c

I looked it up and tortoises 'sink to the bottom, like a rock'.

Me, too.

I don't know if it is common in the UK, but in America tortoises are commonly just called turtles, which can add to the confusion. 

Just now, Jtrekkie said:

Me, too.

I don't know if it is common in the UK, but in America tortoises are commonly just called turtles, which can add to the confusion. 

They're two different words in the UK (with regional variations in pronounciation such that Xaenda's 'tortoise a lesson' joke doesn't work for Welsh people, who pronounce the word as 'tor-toys').

2 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

So dad has seen my body pillow now. I thought he would be mad considering how much it cost but he actually laughed! He just told me to "get a boyfriend"

Waitwaitwait

Did I miss the bit where you showed the actual pillow

You can't say something so excellent and not have an image for it

I love Sony consoles, but the PS3 is slowly about to join the Wii U as the worst console experience I've ever had. Only on this fat piece of shit do I get LOCKED out of games I bought the physical disc for. I have literally had this issue on no other box in my life. Not even the 360 for all the guff it gets. I don't even really do anything with it. This is the 4th time I'm told I can't play a game for some obscure reason that doesn't even make sense. No 3D Dot Game Heroes for me tonight.

I'll fuck with this crap tomorrow. I don't feel like it troubleshooting this thing again.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I think my brother bought a hot car. There is no way in hell a very straight 97 Mercedes costs $200; I've never heard of that in my life...

Maybe. Or It might be rusted out underneath and has a bunch of hidden problems which are incredibly costly. Even junkers ready for the scrapyard are sold around that price, sometimes even more. Reeeeally shady.

10 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Maybe. Or It might be rusted out underneath and has a bunch of hidden problems which are incredibly costly. Even junkers ready for the scrapyard are sold around that price, sometimes even more. Reeeeally shady.

He just got a warrant for it, everything checks out. He thought it might be that money is owing on it...

18 minutes ago, 6tails said:

$200 seems suspicious.

Yeah it really is, and I mean this car quite straight. No dents, two very small rust spots on the back door, a little wear on the driver side door handle, some minor cracks on the dash (but nothing to scoff at) and that's about it. Other than that, the interior/exterior is immaculate (including the leather seats, firewall, boot) and everything seems to work perfectly fine (all the electrics, etc.)

In any case, he's into the habit of buying and selling so if it's hot it was only a matter of time until he got one that is. Unless the guy is filthy rich and just wanted to get rid of it...

19 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

He just got a warrant for it, everything checks out. He thought it might be that money is owing on it...

A warrant, like from the sheriff, or a warranty? Well, good luck here. Nice cars, but a fortune to repair. Does he work on them himself, or knows a friend that does? I had an old Volvo I loved, but whoa, that thing was expensive to keep up. Sounds like it might be OK, just hope the tranny doesn't drop, or anything!

1 minute ago, Fossa-Boy said:

A warrant, like from the sheriff, or a warranty? Well, good luck here. Nice cars, but a fortune to repair. Does he work on them himself, or knows a friend that does? I had an old Volvo I loved, but whoa, that thing was expensive to keep up. Sounds like it might be OK, just hope the tranny doesn't drop, or anything!

Warrant, as in warrant of fitness. And yeah, I did mention that parts are expensive on account of it being a "high class" vehicle.

Almost forgot, there is a very minor slip in reverse; not sure what that's all about. Anyway he already has it up for sale. Personally I think it's hot or has money owing on it... 

21 hours ago, 6tails said:

The only thing Kennedy tried to hide was Chlamydia. The others had PUBLICLY-KNOWN issues. They were still far, FAR MORE CAPABLE of handling a country than someone who blanks out on-stage, overheats in weather that most Floridians find outright chilly, and tries to hide the full details of her problems while people are demanding the right to know.

All we know is that Clinton has Pneumonia. Which people can easily survive, even at her age. You yourself have had it a few times.

I'd only be concerned if she had something very serious or terminal, like cancer or something.

9 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Do you work for the League of Evil or something?

6 hours ago, Saxon said:

My brother sent me this:

tVAJcpO.jpg

In his defense he looks 10 or so. He probably didn't know. Poor tortoise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

All we know is that Clinton has Pneumonia. Which people can easily survive, even at her age. You yourself have had it a few times.

I'd only be concerned if she had something very serious or terminal, like cancer or something.

Do you work for the League of Evil or something?

In his defense he looks 10 or so. He probably didn't know. Poor tortoise.

This is what comes of Americans using 'turtle' as a catch-all for both turtles and tortoises. ;^;

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Warrant, as in warrant of fitness. And yeah, I did mention that parts are expensive on account of it being a "high class" vehicle.

Almost forgot, there is a very minor slip in reverse; not sure what that's all about. Anyway he already has it up for sale. Personally I think it's hot or has money owing on it... 

Yep, that kinda car is high class!

"Told me you were high class, but I can see through that..."

12 hours ago, DrDingo said:

Waitwaitwait

Did I miss the bit where you showed the actual pillow

You can't say something so excellent and not have an image for it

If you insist =)

(Hope that works).

I got him from an incredibly talented artist on Tumblr by the name Brilcrist. I keep him mostly covered up because Dizzy likes to sit/walk on him, and her claws have damaged him once already.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

If you insist =)

(Hope that works).

I got him from an incredibly talented artist on Tumblr by the name Brilcrist. I keep him mostly covered up because Dizzy likes to sit/walk on him, and her claws have damaged him once already.

14 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

So dad has seen my body pillow now. I thought he would be mad considering how much it cost but he actually laughed! He just told me to "get a boyfriend"

Didn't check your earlier post so before seeing the pillow, I thought it would be one of those big body pillows with an Anime character on it which manchildren may buy but oh no, you surprised me

• Vae pinned this topic