Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

2 hours ago, grassfed said:

they're pretty dank actually, the Garden Salsa one is my jam!

9 minutes ago, SirRob said:

I bought a bag of Sun Chips last week actually, they're one of my favorite chips. Good crunch and they're whole grain so you can pretend like you're eating healthy!

5 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Sun Chips sour cream and onion are excellent. 

I never buy them but they are good. 

1 minute ago, pothocket said:

Haven't had the "original" ones, but the cheddar ones are dope. They're actually probably my favorite chips.

Jeez, I guess there are more fans of Sun Chips than I thought. I had a small bag of them earlier and that prompted my thought. They're ok, but they're not the sort of chip I would buy regularly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Jeez, I guess there are more fans of Sun Chips than I thought. I had a small bag of them earlier and that prompted my thought. They're ok, but they're not the sort of chip I would buy regularly.

I don't buy them but I do eat them if other people buy them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Why Sun Chips are still a thing. Who actually buys Sun Chips willingly? I feel like they're going to be the first major brand of chips I see get discontinued in my lifetime.

Because they're awesome and not greasy potatoes 

5 hours ago, grassfed said:

they're pretty dank actually, the Garden Salsa one is my jam!

yeeeeesssssssssssssss

• Like 2

On 8/10/2016 at 0:46 AM, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Stunning revelation on my part but...

<things>

It's really not all that fulfilling. I think the reason why the more prudish devalue it so much is because it doesn't have much value on it's own anyway. It needs something more. What feelings of love you have exist without sex so it can't give you that, though if life is already there it can change things.

17 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

It's really not all that fulfilling. I think the reason why the more prudish devalue it so much is because it doesn't have much value on it's own anyway. It needs something more. What feelings of love you have exist without sex so it can't give you that, though if life is already there it can change things.

Gay.

8 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Nope, looked like a perfectly normal office worker.

This reminds me: there used to be this guy at the library who would use the restroom to brush and floss his teeth, at least three times a day. And he would take forever. You could finish all your business, and he'd still be flossing away; you might go back later, and he'd be brushing. Must have had some OCD teeth issues. Me and some co-workers always referred to him as, 'The Flosser', as if some kind of villain. Mild mannered Japanese fellow, seemed perfectly normal. Maybe he was always about to have a date, and wanted fresh breath?

• Like 2

How anyone is supposed to solder those surface mount components manually. Having done soldering of through hole ones ages ago (doing a light finding robot kit from school) and finding that a PITA surface mount ones seem harder still what will how tiny some of them are.

Can't wrap my head around why all the computers in the house are having a hard time staying connected to the internet (all wireless), yet my ipod is experiencing no issues or lag at all.

I mean it's raining and windy, so I can understand if it was happening to all the devices.. Gosh darn technology, you're picky! ;x

Why is it considered acceptable for girls to fursuit as guys, yet somehow creepy for guys to fursuit as girls?

I understand that not everyone feels that way. Maybe most are cool with both, but the few who object are vocal enough for me to notice.

3 minutes ago, Xaende said:

Why is it considered acceptable for girls to fursuit as guys, yet somehow creepy for guys to fursuit as girls?

I understand that not everyone feels that way. Maybe most are cool with both, but the few who object are vocal enough for me to notice.

The whole fandom is creepy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xaende said:

Most people are fine with butch women, but not feminine men. People are still icky about trans people and drag queens. It's nothing new.

On 8/16/2016 at 3:42 PM, Moogle said:

Can't wrap my head around why all the computers in the house are having a hard time staying connected to the internet (all wireless), yet my ipod is experiencing no issues or lag at all.

I mean it's raining and windy, so I can understand if it was happening to all the devices.. Gosh darn technology, you're picky! ;x

It depends, some devices have better software for staying connected than others. Usually this sort of thing gets better if the router is in a more central place, every device is updated, or the router itself is given a firmware update....or course buying a new router helps but who wants to spend money on that :P Also of note, Apple has THE best quality in regards to there updates for IOS on iPods , iPads and iPhones generally speaking.

• Like 2

@Augmented Husky That definitely makes sense, and explains a ton considering the router is down in the basement away from all the computers. I never knew that about apple products actually, no wonder they're so expensive! 

Internet's been working great today though so must just have been a fluke. :3

1 hour ago, Jtrekkie said:

Why is it that people are so happy to support actions that are admittedly destructive to certain targeted people in the name of fairness? Or put differently how does a person manage to justify and idealize hatred?

Different morals and sociopathy?

• Like 1

On 8/18/2016 at 4:44 PM, Jtrekkie said:

Why is it that people are so happy to support actions that are admittedly destructive to certain targeted people in the name of fairness? Or put differently how does a person manage to justify and idealize hatred?

Religion. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Why a lot of people are changing their avatar to a letter on YouTube.

It happens automatically to all default avatars. Mine changed too, without my consent

E: if you haven't noticed, the letter is the initial of your YT username

• Like 1

People who get all elitist over salad

I've mentioned a few times that I eat Ceasar Salad all the time because it's one of the few things at my local super market that's like, convenient while also being on a budget

and I always get from people

"ugh I hate romaine / iceberg lettuce

you should try [raw green so bitter it tastes like death himself is reaching his fingers down your throat]"

do people not realize that kale tastes like shit

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

I've mentioned a few times that I eat Ceasar Salad all the time because it's one of the few things at my local super market that's like, convenient while also being on a budget

you should try [raw green so bitter it tastes like death himself is reaching his fingers down your throat]"

*Insert witty vegan joke here*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

ceasar salad is best salad. i wont eat any other kind unless it's 80% cheese, bacon bits, and croutons.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

This feels relevant:

should-you-eat-that-meat.jpg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Why eating makes you start farting all of a sudden.

Hey, all I know is that I'm about to grill me some bacon strips. And then I will put those bacon strips on some bread with some spring onion covered in cheese. If all that makes me fart, I know it would've been worth it, and I wont question it...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Russia is a nation with endemic organised crime and unique problems like Krokodil addiction.

...but what they choose to imprison people for is playing pokémon go in churches?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37277369

Russia, I do not understand your priorities.

Don't question Russia, I'm sure they know what they are doing even if it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Especially with something like this.

They'll figure out their problems somehow. After all...

image.jpeg

Edited by Glowing Glass
:V
  • Like 1

OK, I just remembered this today, and I kind of feel like how damn odd it is makes the school I went to identifiable just by this one post...

But why did our school make us learn Ukrainian? Like... I can understand the commonplace ones, but... when are we going to use that? Of ALL the languages, why Ukrainian? I can only assume the school was pushing some kind of agenda because it just feels bizarre to me now.

14 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

OK, I just remembered this today, and I kind of feel like how damn odd it is makes the school I went to identifiable just by this one post...

But why did our school make us learn Ukrainian? Like... I can understand the commonplace ones, but... when are we going to use that? Of ALL the languages, why Ukrainian? I can only assume the school was pushing some kind of agenda because it just feels bizarre to me now.

...That is extremely weird. You would imagine that they would teach a 'world language' like German, French, Spanish or Russian...one that would have actually been useful to know.

7 minutes ago, Saxon said:

...That is extremely weird. You would imagine that they would teach a 'world language' like German, French, Spanish or Russian...one that would have actually been useful to know.

Oh we were taught those too. At one point, year 9, some of us were being made to take 3 non-English languages at once. I was one of them (if you didn't have to do remedial English, you had to take Spanish instead). I remember this one class (that actually took place over lunch???) that no one attended probably because they were sick of it, and only 3 of us turned up. We were still made to do the class.

I feel bad about this but I feel like the experience has put me off learning new languages entirely.

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I don't know about schools overseas, but oddball languages in the U.S. started popping up during the Cold War when the government realized pushing all kinds of languages is really good for making good diplomats and government agents more readily available. It is a national security thing here.

They pushed even harder after 9/11 for the same reason. Farsi, Arabic, and Korean started appearing in schools alongside the Ukrainian, Russian, and Finnish that had been pushed during the Cold War.