unpopular opinions

Joel

Suit commissioners holding those kinds of standards would be shooting themselves in the feet.
"Know your audience" and whatnot.
Furries aren't going out and buying an Armani suit that they can wear to a fancy dinner, they're buying a mascot costume. Payment plans, given the nature of that audience and the sparsity of the suit's actual use, are understandable.

• Like 1

"Isms" have lost all impact. Racism. Sexism. Misoginy. Misandry. Homophobia. Transphobia. They've been played out. People have thrown these words around so much as an Instant Argument Winner, Just Add Water™ that they've been cheapened beyond meaning to me. Case in point, the apparent hullaballoo about Bad Dragon/FurryNetwork being "transphobic" because one of the admins tried to help clarify tags on a user post. Fucking christ almighty.

Whenever I see someone get blasted as racist or whatever, unless there's actually something they've said or done that makes me go "wow that's racist as fuck", I just roll my eyes and move on.

Good job, guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victor-933 said:

"Isms" have lost all impact. Racism. Sexism. Misoginy. Misandry. Homophobia. Transphobia. They've been played out. People have thrown these words around so much as an Instant Argument Winner, Just Add Water™ that they've been cheapened beyond meaning to me. Case in point, the apparent hullaballoo about Bad Dragon/FurryNetwork being "transphobic" because one of the admins tried to help clarify tags on a user post. Fucking christ almighty.

Whenever I see someone get blasted as racist or whatever, unless there's actually something they've said or done that makes me go "wow that's racist as fuck", I just roll my eyes and move on.

Good job, guys.

Unfortunately it seems to be SJWs that have caused this. I consider myself politically left-wing and am an advocate for equal rights, and anti-discrimination as a whole. It seems that a lot of others in a similar political compass as myself seem to pick apart either small or meaningless things that people say or do, call them out on it, and generally throw around such terms as 'racism' and 'sexism.' The only effect it has is it just pisses off the other person as they're effectively being called something which they're not, and just makes things worse. I think a lot of social-justice advocates tend to go about doing things completely the wrong way, which is effectively why the internet hates them.

• Like 5

If a A.I that was fully sentient was made I seriously doubt it would seek world domination or some other very evil thing. The A.I would have absolutely nothing to gain from this. Honestly I think the A.I would do as its instincts would be pre-programmed to be so it doesn't necessarily have to be to an evil end. My greatest hope is the A.I is someone one to the effect of a very kind psychologist who genuinely seeks to make the lives of many better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Noooope, MGS The Twin Snakes is the best.

They're all pretty good (except 4). I'm a sucker for the ones with better gameplay than story, though. Such as 5. 

Being absolutely for real though? The original Metal Gear games were so ahead of their time it was mind blowing. If they weren't so difficult and convoluted, they'd have been some of my favorite games of all time. 

12 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

(except 4). 

....4>Rising>3>2>5>1

what have i been doing.jpg

I mean yeah, 4 was a movie but I'd argue it actually wound up with better gameplay than 5 even. 5 was too limited in the number of weapons you could carry (in 4 you could carry all of them), and it didn't tell you your percentage hidden like 3 and 4 did. You had to go to the start of a mission to change your gear whereas in 4 and 3 you could just go into your menu and change your clothes right off the bat. 5 also spent a large amount of its time having the player just travel between areas. In that sense I felt it had much weaker level design, as it was generally dull until you got to your next objective.

2 hours ago, Augmented Husky said:

If a A.I that was fully sentient was made I seriously doubt it would seek world domination or some other very evil thing. The A.I would have absolutely nothing to gain from this. Honestly I think the A.I would do as its instincts would be pre-programmed to be so it doesn't necessarily have to be to an evil end. My greatest hope is the A.I is someone one to the effect of a very kind psychologist who genuinely seeks to make the lives of many better.

I envy whoever has to do the sexual programming.

10 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

....4>Rising>3>2>5>1

-snip-

I mean yeah, 4 was a movie but I'd argue it actually wound up with better gameplay than 5 even. 5 was too limited in the number of weapons you could carry (in 4 you could carry all of them), and it didn't tell you your percentage hidden like 3 and 4 did. You had to go to the start of a mission to change your gear whereas in 4 and 3 you could just go into your menu and change your clothes right off the bat. 5 also spent a large amount of its time having the player just travel between areas. In that sense I felt it had much weaker level design, as it was generally dull until you got to your next objective.

I played through 70% of 5 using a water pistol. I don't need to carry 50 guns, my water pistol is all I needed. What I love about 5 is that I can make up my own stupid objectives and complete them in any way I feel like. (Also, you could have weapon drops if really needed.)

Also, Rising <3

17 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

Lady "hygiene" products should not be taxed as a luxury item - condoms should be! Swap em 

This is unpopular?

Neither one of them should be taxed as "luxury" items.
Birth control items, as well, because preventing unwanted pregnancies (or terminating accidental ones after the fact) still put less of a strain on funding than government-paid children that the parent either didn't want or wasn't financially capable of caring for.

• Like 7

On 5/30/2016 at 1:24 AM, root said:

I don't think I care about Half-Life 3/Episode 3 anymore. Valve waited waaay too long.

I'm in the same boat at this point.

I could understand if they delayed Half-Life 3 out of concern for it not living up to hype, but 9 years without Episode 3 is ridiculous...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hux said:

People who go to Starbucks should be shot.

I decided to try a hot chocolate from one near here.
Was fucking awful. More expensive, smaller, AND tasted worse than one from the McCafe part of McDonalds a two minute walk away.

Speaking of: McCafe is actually pretty damn good. At least in New Zealand, anyway. McDonalds can still piss off though.

16 hours ago, Zipline Orange said:

Anime is not that great. *triggering all weaboos*

Run, Zipline, run for your life! The furries and weaboos and teens arcoss America are gonna hang you!

But I also kinda agree. There's a few I like, but as a genre, I'm not overly excited by 'em.