Do you dislike your voice?

Azu

Do you dislike your voice?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dislike your voice?

• Yup
    • Nop

I loathe my voice. I can't stand to see any videos of myself, especially speeches for school and stuff. I like to sing, but the music has to be loud enough to totally drown out my voice, and there can't by anybody around to hear it. I've gotten a little bit better about the singing, especially since I have lots of friends who are also terrible at it and we can all be terrible together, but still.

• 1 month later...

I hate it so much, in recordings and such i sound so horrible but then people say that it sounds the same to them. The thought of it actually sounding like that is scary, but i did that stupid test thing one time to hear what it sounds like to other people and it sounded okay, STRUGGLE

3 hours ago, MissFleece said:

I've had someone say my voice is shrill and awful, and others who really think it's interesting. 

I don't mind my voice.

I read a creepypasta if you wanna judge for yourself. 

Aww, your voice is cute! All you really need is a better mic to really compliment it, cause bad mics can really ruin a voice

• Like 1

I feel like if my nose wasn't plugged 24/7 I'd sound a hell of a lot better. To myself, with the whole internal vibrations and shit, I sound kinda nice. Take away those internal vibrations and I sound like a stupid nerd. Also apparently I'm bad at singing.

Now, if I throw my voice through a few processes... noise filter, 6% lower pitch, .02 second echo, and a small bass boost... I can actually create something that sounds similar to what I imagine my fursona would speak like. Which is kinda cool I guess.

I read somewhere that one reason why we dislike our voices is that it's not what we're used to. The acoustics in one's own head is different than what other people hear when we speak. As such, listening to a recording of one's self can seem strange.