horrible designed fursonas

Caledonian

My least favourite personas are ones that just copy a TV show, or something. Such as Ponies, Gemsonas, etc.
I don't see the appeal in what is essentially just copying somebody else's art style and creations, then calling it your own.

wtf is it with furfags and rainbows, not even gays like them this much.

I don't know. Rainbows are pretty awesome... and super cool colours give me a hard-on ! !

Edited by Hewge
  • Like 1

For me it's definitely fursonas that show a lack of imagination or feel kind of lazy and shallow. Like if someone's fursona is just another wolf or wolf-like dog that happens to be blue or pink or something. Yes yes, I know, you're spirit animal is a mighty wolf and wolves r kewl and majestic.  If you're not doing anything more than putting a wolf head on a human body, making it a primary color and calling it a day then no your fursona is not good. It's boring and looking boring is even worse than being outright bad IMO.

• Like 2

I cringe when someone's fursona concept seems driven more from a desire to be popufur, special, or cool than from a desire to create an authentic personal character.

Dutch angel dragons are neat, for example, but I feel like too many people have an angel-sona because they want some of Telephone's charisma or popularity, or want to become Telephone's new best friend.

Bright colours or novel hybrids can be cool, but not when it feels like someone threw everything and the kitchen sink into a blender in an attempt to be the specialest furry ever.

I get why little kids do this, because when I was a kid, of course I made ridiculously overpowered Mary Sue characters, too.

You'll also see some rather routine, cliched, and middle-of-the-road designs in cases where it seems like the person just isn't very creative, or hasn't had a lot of exposure to things that could actually fuel their creativity.

But, I actually have a lot of respect for the characters whose uniqueness comes from their personality and from subtle visual touches, and not from the fact that they look like they fell into a vat of radioactive waste at a rave.

• Like 6

I think a lot of problem with fursonas comes from most of them being solely visual and being used as standins for someone's own identity. If all you've got to work with are looks to create an identity, then you're probably going to feel some pressure to make those looks "unique" and personalized. And before you know it you've got an otherworldly mess of colors, piercings, and symbols.

Sorry but I really think this guy went nuts with those colors. It really looks awful to me

5665b9d5bc96e_17052548400-1436409433.thu

I cringe when someone's fursona concept seems driven more from a desire to be popufur, special, or cool than from a desire to create an authentic personal character.

Dutch angel dragons are neat, for example, but I feel like too many people have an angel-sona because they want some of Telephone's charisma or popularity, or want to become Telephone's new best friend.

Bright colours or novel hybrids can be cool, but not when it feels like someone threw everything and the kitchen sink into a blender in an attempt to be the specialest furry ever.

I get why little kids do this, because when I was a kid, of course I made ridiculously overpowered Mary Sue characters, too.

You'll also see some rather routine, cliched, and middle-of-the-road designs in cases where it seems like the person just isn't very creative, or hasn't had a lot of exposure to things that could actually fuel their creativity.

But, I actually have a lot of respect for the characters whose uniqueness comes from their personality and from subtle visual touches, and not from the fact that they look like they fell into a vat of radioactive waste at a rave.

Hey man, dont hate on the black and green furries with the radiation symbol on their back :v

My least favourite personas are ones that just copy a TV show, or something. Such as Ponies, Gemsonas, etc.
I don't see the appeal in what is essentially just copying somebody else's art style and creations, then calling it your own.

I don't know. Rainbows are pretty awesome... and super cool colours give me a hard-on ! !

A natural response from the guy with a rainbow sheep in his sig

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 1

For me it's definitely fursonas that show a lack of imagination or feel kind of lazy and shallow. Like if someone's fursona is just another wolf or wolf-like dog that happens to be blue or pink or something. Yes yes, I know, you're spirit animal is a mighty wolf and wolves r kewl and majestic.  If you're not doing anything more than putting a wolf head on a human body, making it a primary color and calling it a day then no your fursona is not good. It's boring and looking boring is even worse than being outright bad IMO.

Ey. You have something against blue people? >:[

I'll have you know its a medical condition you insensitive jerk.

• Like 3

There are two tropes that I'd consider 'bad design'

1) Excessive, clashing colors e.g. 'rave' furs

rave__new_oc_fursona__by_xxfridaywolfxx-

2) Bland, uninspired, common designs. E.g. Plain foxes. Lots of them

fox_anthro_practice_by_mikliak-d4odo2u.j

That's about it. If your character doesn't fit in either of those categories, it's probably cool with me

• Like 1

1) Excessive, clashing colors e.g. 'rave' furs

rave__new_oc_fursona__by_xxfridaywolfxx-

fox_anthro_practice_by_mikliak-d4odo2u.j

That's about it. If your character doesn't fit in either of those categories, it's probably cool with me

I actually like the 'rave colors' the neony thing is kinda cool...I just think it can be poorly des

gned. Theres a user called "Rephirir" and I actually like their fursona design

And foxes are so dang plain that if you dont put a spin on em they all look the dang same x3 or if you avoid natural fox patterns/tropes it ends up looking like any kind of canid and not a fox. In fact, canids designed far from their natural form bug me, theres that.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Speaking of which blue fursonas and black and red seem fairly common. Theres a ton of them.

But I mean I guess there technically only eight basic colors to choose from anyways, and people naturally gravitate towards some popular combination preferences so...

It's my favorite color :( 

9 minutes ago, Azurex said:

What traits do you associate with a murrsona? Just curious

Oh I was just kinda calling them "murrsonas" as a joke. But to answer your question it's usually your excessively fetishy shit such as comically large horse cocks, being made out of latex or something, or being inflatable or something.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

2 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Oh I was just kinda calling them "murrsonas" as a joke. But to answer your question it's usually your excessively fetishy shit such as comically large horse cocks, being made out of latex or something, or being inflatable or something.

Why would you want to be an inflatable pool toy?

I don't get it. 

45 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Oh, right! Yeah. Characters that have a clear and obvious emphasis on their fetishes. Don't like that either.

• Like 1

They're all around us. All the time. We could all find some examples at any given time by just staring at the front pages of Weasyl and FA.

And how about it? At this very moment, FA has a comic containing overweight versions of Sonic, Ratchet, Conker and Lucario 

What a time to be alive

man, give me all the generic foxes and wolves in the world and I'll probably find them more interesting than hybrids that are 50 different species in one because the creator wants to be "different". not to be confused with original species though.

shapeshifting fursonas are also kinda meh because to me they scream "I'm indecisive"

• Like 2

I don't know how unpopular this opinion might be, but I don't like it when people make their sonas really military.

You know, putting their sonas in camouflage uniform and having extensive bios about the types of firearms they carry. I mean, why?

• Like 2

On 8/12/2015 at 1:55 AM, Azurex said:

... TwT So I'm not cool with you then?

On 12/8/2015 at 6:55 PM, Azurex said:

I have (or will have (maybe(probably not)), more accurately), a bland fursona. Because I never wanted to stand out, and never do anything to stand out. It fits my personality perfectly.