Things that you love! v2

Sar

Taking the train to work, as opposed to driving to work: You feel very much like you are part of something, connected to others by a shared immediacy; the delays and incidents that happen, the random conversations you might have with people from all over, and being able to sleep, read or eat along the way.

I'd like to able to drive again just for getting away on weekends; but gotta have a cornea transplant, eventually, then, hopefully I can get my license back.

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Windows 10. Not only has it fixed the driver / software issues on my eleven year old desktop that Windows 7 had, considering those drivers were only designed for up to Vista, it has added a few surprising enhancements.  

Way to go, Microsoft. Now if only they got rid of all the spyware and the menus / submenus were a little more consistent across the board...

On 10/10/2016 at 3:19 PM, Fossa-Boy said:

Watching Trump's falling poll numbers, and the growing list of Republicans who have rescinded their endorsements. 

Trump is going down for the ugly, sexist, narcissistic, sorf-skinned, rich  cray baby he is. I'm  very amazed so may furs defend him, here. It makes me sad, to see it.

He sets no sort of example of how I'd ever hope any decent person would follow. And, his poll numbers are tanking.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Trump is going down for the ugly, sexist, narcissistic, sorf-skinned, rich  cray baby he is. I'm  very amazed so may furs defend him, here. It makes me sad, to see it.

He sets no sort of example of how I'd ever hope any decent person would follow. And, his poll numbers are tanking.

I'd rather have an "ugly, sexist, narcissistic, sorf-skinned, rich  cray baby" than the physical manifestation of nepotism, corruption, manipulation, two-faced lying politics, closed-doors Wall Street deals -- someone who is surrounded by questionable deaths and followed by innumerable scandals that would see lesser men disappear for life behind the walls of a maximum security federal prison, who has spent thirty years in politics with nothing to show for it except a deep, dark web of corruption and connections, who holds so much political sway her party actively colluded and schemed to hand her the nomination by actively sabotaging other candidates, who rehired the DNC chair who explicitly admitted to sabotaging the Primary process, etc. etc.

Trump may be bad, but holy mother of fuck, Hillary is the personal embodiment of everything wrong with society and politics today. You're a fool if you think she'll do anything that isn't self-serving.

16 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

I'd rather have an "ugly, sexist, narcissistic, sorf-skinned, rich  cray baby" than the physical manifestation of nepotism, corruption, manipulation, two-faced lying politics, closed-doors Wall Street deals -- someone who is surrounded by questionable deaths and followed by innumerable scandals that would see lesser men disappear for life behind the walls of a maximum security federal prison, who has spent thirty years in politics with nothing to show for it except a deep, dark web of corruption and connections, who holds so much political sway her party actively colluded and schemed to hand her the nomination by actively sabotaging other candidates, who rehired the DNC chair who explicitly admitted to sabotaging the Primary process, etc. etc.

Trump may be bad, but holy mother of fuck, Hillary is the personal embodiment of everything wrong with society and politics today. You're a fool if you think she'll do anything that isn't self-serving.

One of these persons threatens to unravel the system of alliances that help maintain a semblance of peace in the world, in addition to proposing economic reforms that would unravel what little support our system has. The other makes some shady deals and concessions that keep these things together. Both act in their own interests like everybody else. It's a fairly straight-forward choice. Being bitter and jaded shouldn't stand in the way of making the rational choice.

• Like 5

The US election in a nut shell : 'I'm not voting for this candidate because I like them or agree with any of their policies; I am voting for them because I hate the other candidate more!'

Jees you guys. This is how you got into the mess in the first place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victor-933 said:

You're a fool if you think she'll do anything that isn't self-serving.

You just described every politician ever, and Trump doubly so.

The problem I have with politics is that I can't vote for anyone that I think is even vaguely electable. I was so dispirited by the last UK general election that I tried to vote for the Welsh Nationalists. Turns out they didn't have a candidate in England.

11 minutes ago, Faust said:

You just described every politician ever, and Trump doubly so.

The problem I have with politics is that I can't vote for anyone that I think is even vaguely electable. I was so dispirited by the last UK general election that I tried to vote for the Welsh Nationalists. Turns out they didn't have a candidate in England.

I squandered my vote on a dead horse. C:

In retrospect I should have voted labour, to prevent the evolution of the Brexit and the turd it took in my wallet.

But oh well...it's happened now.

10 hours ago, Saxon said:

The US election in a nut shell : 'I'm not voting for this candidate because I like them or agree with any of their policies; I am voting for them because I hate the other candidate more!'

Jees you guys. This is how you got into the mess in the first place.

Welcome to a lot of political elections.

12 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

"Well, since this woman is very corrupt why don't I vote for this authoritarian asshole instead. He might start WW3 or take away all our freedoms but that's okay."

As if there aren't third party options.

Also, with Hillary at least we know what we'd be getting. It would be the same old bullshit as usual, but the same old bullshit isn't always that bad. With trump we have no idea what we're gonna get and it's probably going to be war, economic fuckupery when he starts fucking up global trade, racial and ethnic profiling, violation of rights, screwing up relations with ally countries, and maybe ww3. Or he'll be butt buddies with Putin and we'll have two superpowers that are dictatorships.

• Like 1

I have achieved a 3:1 like-to-post ratio today. c;

Thank you everyone for all the psychological validations you have provided.

Quality posting will always trump quantity, and Its nice to know that people appreciate the mature and insightful posts that I bring to the forum.

In closing I leave you with this message:

EAT YOUR HEART OUT PLEBS!!!1!!1 WHOOOO!1!1!

XsJ5W5K.gif

• Like 5

When third world countries try to fake being more advanced than they really are.

1476151959962.jpg

those wheels

that dinky little star hood ornament

the tube full of firecrackers on the pylon

the fucking tail mounted "rocket pod" aimed directly at the back of the cockpit

fucking Ghana owes me a new pair of sides

• Like 4

Heard about that while driving my mate to his swimming lesson, was good to hear, but not really surprised. Most (if not all) his music is based on real life literature. If there was any musician deserving of it, it is definitely him...   

• Like 2

Getting confirmation dates, about things you ordered as commissions...I just found out my full orange rubber fox suit for my friend is gonna arrive from the UK in 2 weeks!  Much less than I expected, and the pound was at $1.22 when they debited the order. This makes me wanna sell more and more of the collectible stuff I have pack-ratted away, so I can buy stuff to have fun, and travel, and next year, and help get my vision improved, when my insurance 'rolls' over in January, and I have a set amount to use towards that, again. 

Anyway, England is having this huge 20% off the entire country sale right now, and it cold get even better!

Writing Letters. I've started writing actual letters to a few furry friends, and it's a great deal of fun. I have my fancy pens, stationary, envelopes, stamps and what not all organized in my desk now, and it's so fun to get things in the mail, written in a friend's handwriting. Also, I like to decorate the envelopes, make collages, and such, have fun with it.

Anyone else write letters, here, now, or in the past?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Writing Letters. I've started writing actual letters to a few furry friends, and it's a great deal of fun. I have my fancy pens, stationary, envelopes, stamps and what not all organized in my desk now, and it's so fun to get things in the mail, written in a friend's handwriting. Also, I like to decorate the envelopes, make collages, and such, have fun with it.

Anyone else write letters, here, now, or in the past?

I love the idea of doing this! It's not as fast or convenient as an email, but so much more personal and exciting. I've considered doing this, but never sure how to go about asking for someone's address without looking like such a creeper. Maybe they'll ask first if I wait long enough? :P

Is this something new you've started doing, or have you had pen pals for awhile now? ;o By the sounds of those fancy pens and stuff, looks like at least a year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moogle said:

I love the idea of doing this! It's not as fast or convenient as an email, but so much more personal and exciting. I've considered doing this, but never sure how to go about asking for someone's address without looking like such a creeper. Maybe they'll ask first if I wait long enough? :P

Is this something new you've started doing, or have you had pen pals for awhile now? ;o By the sounds of those fancy pens and stuff, looks like at least a year.

It's something I've done for a while, now, first, with a few furs who sent me some small gifts, to cheer me up, and then, with one who visited from Finland, and kinda spread from there. I'm older, so it wasn't always so odd to write people in the pre-internet age. Maybe ask a few closer friends, first? I never found it creepy. Just make sure you trust the person enough, but I think there's not that much risk, as people think. Plus, it feels good to have that physical connection...it's hard to explain! But thanks for asking, was fun to ponder a reply.

• Like 1

This really cool open air bookstore I went to today called Bart's Books (my pictures didn't come out all that great, so here's one from online):39df74ec-4ce0-4b86-ac03-ae2c234467bf.jpg

It had a very wide selection of books, including a large sci-fi/fantasy section (something that is sadly rare in many used book stores) as well as some interesting history books on more obscure topics. I enjoyed looking through their selection, and was able to get a boxed set of a series I have been meaning to read for relatively cheap,

• Like 1