Things that you hate! v2

Sar

56 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

75% of my investments have been lost in the past few days, during some moving to a new bank. 

And now that I am away from home I've been exposed to tuberculosis (and unable to find anyone to administer a test), my mother has been diagnosed with a heart condition and my sister with a flesh-eating bacterial infection. They are fighting like cats and dogs and vocally bemoaning my absence. Trips are always like that. :V

Are you in the US, or someplace more primitive? Not to say the US can't be very primitive in many ways, and is indeed flagging as western countries go, but is this in a third world country, and if so, can you call/wire for help?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jtrekkie said:

75% of my investments have been lost in the past few days, during some moving to a new bank. 

And now that I am away from home I've been exposed to tuberculosis (and unable to find anyone to administer a test), my mother has been diagnosed with a heart condition and my sister with a flesh-eating bacterial infection. They are fighting like cats and dogs and vocally bemoaning my absence. Trips are always like that. :V

Oh my god Jtrekkie. :C I hope things work out the best for you...I mean, I guess I hope you don't have TB.

• Like 5

Holy shit man.

I wish your mother, sister and you the best. Be safe man, and here's to hoping you didn't catch anything. And if you did, hope you recover quickly.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Socketosis said:

Jesus how'd that happen? She's not going to lose any limbs is she?

I hope not, but oh man that's some scary stuff. She was in Florida swimming in the ocean with a scratch on her arm. An abscess was lanced at the site before she came home, and by the time she got back it had spread into the surrounding tissue. That took all of four days, but she's receiving IV antibiotics twice a day now, and they said they'll admit her if there's no improvement by Friday.

2 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Are you in the US, or someplace more primitive? Not to say the US can't be very primitive in many ways, and is indeed flagging as western countries go, but is this in a third world country, and if so, can you call/wire for help?

No, I'm in upstate NY. It is a fairly primitive area comparatively, but the problem is that my transportation is dead for the time being. The providers I've called in the area tell me that they stopped administering the skin test for TB so I need a clinic to run the blood test instead.

And thanks guys, really. I appreciate the well wishes.

• Like 1

Accidentally closing the tab where I was listening to like a 4 hour game stream.
I have a compulsion to clean up tabs that I'm not currently using. So I end up doing this all. the fucking. time.

Then gotta find the link again,
open it,
and figure out where the fuck I left off.

1 hour ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

I hate how here in the states, we act like, "we're so united!", when we're not, only when something bad happens.

I suppose it is relative, because you're very united compared to Europe. There are European countries which are actually at war with one another at the moment, and we have nuclear missiles pointed at each other.

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I suppose it is relative, because you're very united compared to Europe. There are European countries which are actually at war with one another at the moment, and we have nuclear missiles pointed at each other.

I was mainly talking about the country itself, not the whole continent. We're always at war with each other, not necessarily physically, but verbally.

I'm scared as fuck right now, I've never had twitching this bad before. Literally, the front and back of my left shoulder and lower part of the arm are twitching simultaneously as well as my right arm doing the same thing every couple of minutes, and my fucking legs and abdomen! Certain positions make them worse.

It looks like this: 

1 hour ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

I'm scared as fuck right now, I've never had twitching this bad before. Literally, the front and back of my left shoulder and lower part of the arm are twitching simultaneously as well as my right arm doing the same thing every couple of minutes, and my fucking legs and abdomen! Certain positions make them worse.

Correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but you're taking anti-anxiety meds right? Muscle fasciculation is often caused by and made worse due to stress and anxiety. And I know this twitching is scary, but you need to try and make a conscious effort to relax yourself. Pay attention to your breathing.

Take a deep breath in through your nose, hold it for 2 counts then exhale through your mouth slowly. Repeat this for a few minutes. As you breath, try to tense all of your muscles on the inhalation, then go completely loose as you exhale. Do this a few times. Focus only on your breathing. If you start to feel scared or panicky again, pause and repeat this breathing exercise. Try counting your breaths as you do it. Focus only on the breathing.

If you have any, try eating a banana. The potassium in them will act as a muscle relaxant. Going outside and getting some sunshine can also help since this is sometimes caused by vitamin D deficiency. If nothing else, sunshine is a natural mood elevator which'll help you de-stress.

Also, are you perhaps on any anti-cholinergic meds such as Cogentin? They're pretty commonly given with psych medications, but they can cause this type of twitching.

Do you feel any sort of muscular weakness following these twitching fits? Difficulty raising your limbs, squeezing things with your fingers, walking on your toes/heels, etc?

3 hours ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but you're taking anti-anxiety meds right? Muscle fasciculation is often caused by and made worse due to stress and anxiety. And I know this twitching is scary, but you need to try and make a conscious effort to relax yourself. Pay attention to your breathing.

Take a deep breath in through your nose, hold it for 2 counts then exhale through your mouth slowly. Repeat this for a few minutes. As you breath, try to tense all of your muscles on the inhalation, then go completely loose as you exhale. Do this a few times. Focus only on your breathing. If you start to feel scared or panicky again, pause and repeat this breathing exercise. Try counting your breaths as you do it. Focus only on the breathing.

If you have any, try eating a banana. The potassium in them will act as a muscle relaxant. Going outside and getting some sunshine can also help since this is sometimes caused by vitamin D deficiency. If nothing else, sunshine is a natural mood elevator which'll help you de-stress.

Also, are you perhaps on any anti-cholinergic meds such as Cogentin? They're pretty commonly given with psych medications, but they can cause this type of twitching.

Do you feel any sort of muscular weakness following these twitching fits? Difficulty raising your limbs, squeezing things with your fingers, walking on your toes/heels, etc?

I'm taking vitamin D supplements. Last year, I had a vitamin D deficiency, but it was corrected, however, I've decided to take them again to maintain proper levels.

8 minutes ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

I'm taking vitamin D supplements. Last year, I had a vitamin D deficiency, but it was corrected, however, I've decided to take them again to maintain proper levels.

Right, well you should discuss the tremors with your doctor. They'll probably want to test for weakness, do a lab draw, and possibly an electromyography on you.

Until then, try to relax and stay calm. Eat a banana, go outside, do some light exercise, get plenty of sleep. They're unlikely to be anything serious, but its understandable how it'd freak you out and I hope you feel better.

7d6317bbdb528e45559e76192f147a5b.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Right, well you should discuss the tremors with your doctor. They'll probably want to test for weakness, do a lab draw, and possibly an electromyography on you.

Until then, try to relax and stay calm. Eat a banana, go outside, do some light exercise, get plenty of sleep. They're unlikely to be anything serious, but its understandable how it'd freak you out and I hope you feel better.

7d6317bbdb528e45559e76192f147a5b.jpg

My neuro wants to do an EEG, EMG, and an MRI. They're going to keep prescribing me Clonazepam because it helps me with my anxiety, even though they're not specialized in psychiatry. Technically, they're allowing me to use it off-label, because they realize my situation, however, they referred me to a psychiatrist anyways for proper psychiatric/medicinal guidance.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WolfyAmbassador said:

My neuro wants to do an EEG, EMG, and an MRI. They're going to keep prescribing me Clonazepam because it helps me with my anxiety, even though they're not specialized in psychiatry. Technically, they're allowing me to use it off-label, because they realize my situation, however, they referred me to a psychiatrist anyways for proper psychiatric/medicinal guidance.

I hope you feel better, there. I've also had certain problems with twitching muscles, caused by stress, and related to TMJ, where certain muscles in my jay (near the jawbone) would twitch at night, and also, muscles in the neck, and sometimes, the calves. Hot baths have helped, as have certain meds: I have also taken Klonopin, and alternated this with Valium, so as not to build up a tolerance...but they have been among the few things that help stop the jaw clenching at night, that makes the muscles so sore. I tried those mouth guards, three different ones...and though they protected my teeth, you can still put tons of pressure on your jaw, and they ended up like mangled chew-toys. Klonopin and Valium both are potent muscle relaxers, and can be used to break up certain seizures. (oddly, invented by the same chemist) Oh, you also asked about Klonopin Vs. Valium: I'll send a PM, on my take. I'm no Dr., but having been on and off these for some time, have a decent idea how they have acted in my own situation.

Hang in there...take some deep breaths, think about something happy if ya can, and hope things even out soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I hope you feel better, there. I've also had certain problems with twitching muscles, caused by stress, and related to TMJ, where certain muscles in my jay (near the jawbone) would twitch at night, and also, muscles in the neck, and sometimes, the calves. Hot baths have helped, as have certain meds: I have also taken Klonopin, and alternated this with Valium, so as not to build up a tolerance...but they have been among the few things that help stop the jaw clenching at night, that makes the muscles so sore. I tried those mouth guards, three different ones...and though they protected my teeth, you can still put tons of pressure on your jaw, and they ended up like mangled chew-toys. Klonopin and Valium both are potent muscle relaxers, and can be used to break up certain seizures. (oddly, invented by the same chemist) Oh, you also asked about Klonopin Vs. Valium: I'll send a PM, on my take. I'm no Dr., but having been on and off these for some time, have a decent idea how they have acted in my own situation.

Hang in there...take some deep breaths, think about something happy if ya can, and hope things even out soon.

I thought Klonopin and Valium have cross-tolerance due to them both being in the same family of drugs? I've got to say, 0.5mg comes a long way, even after being on it for almost a year; I hope its effectiveness lasts. I find that it helps me more in the daytime and lasts longer than taking it at night, whereas I will wake up in the morning, and it feels like I slept its effects off.

Being constipated for days, then having loose stool/diarrhea in the morning accompanied by excessive gas and general stomach upset. My stomach issues are so rhythmic but unpredictable at the same time. I need to get my stool checked, maybe that will help me find answers to the other health issues I'm dealing with as well. I notice that, I will feel out of sorts/malaise in the middle of the night before waking up with with the lose stools and general stomach upset, and after going to the bathroom, I will feel fatigued, and can get a headache some time during the day.

22 minutes ago, kazooie said:

It's a schadenfreude-bot that auto-burns trump's tweets, lmao

I'm only slightly envious of people who've gotten to the point where they can do things like this just for the lulz.

stomach pain and diarrhea LITERALLY ALL DAY EVERY DAY for months on end!!  because now that i've finally got my medicine delivery sorted and bought food that's safe to eat, i have to be sick and basically all these outside factors having the same effect mean my body never gets a break from these symptoms, which in turn will trigger a disease flare-up lmao.

no matter what i try to do about it, one thing after another happens completely outside of my control to prevent me from making any progress.  it's like my bathroom habits are a metaphor for my actual life, "shit" and "down the drain" puns included.  :'^D

it's so amazing how this kind of thing happens to me in every aspect of life, big and small in perfect scale.  if it weren't my life, it'd be hilarious.

I hate my family most of the time.  They are a bunch of egocentric ass clowns. I could stab myself in front of them all and they would complain about me getting stains on the carpet and never think to ask why I have a clever protruding from my chest. This probably isn't totally true, but it made me feel better writing it.  

Fur hate howl hard it seems to me to type on a smart phone...even the autocorrect is owl clogged with past mistakes for suggestions...though it will look funny, Fur want one of those small gaming keyboards so Fur can fully use this on the train and stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Okay Fur thought the "Fur" "ewe" and other text changes were cute for the first 5 seconds, but now they're annoying. And they look like they're permanant, because Fur went to edit a post and they were changed in the actual post.

Fur believe that it is only permanent if ewe actually edit the post.

tfw Fur have to walk past my grandma several times to get to/from the kitchen while getting ready for work, and she's sitting less than 5 feet away from the tv CRUNCHING on stuff.  literally every time Fur come within earshot of her, a well-timed horribly obnoxious little crunch-crunch-crunch almost as if she yiffing waited for me to walk by just so she could do it.  Fur think Fur have misophonia already but it's compounded with the fact that Fur strongly resent her and being stuck here, so it kinda makes me want to kill people.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Okay Fur thought the "Fur" "ewe" and other text changes were cute for the first 5 seconds, but now they're annoying. And they look like they're permanant, because Fur went to edit a post and they were changed in the actual post.

VVe can type as though vve're illiterate, if vve wish to avoid the filter, 1 suppose.

It is just impossible to read many p3ople's posts at the moment though, because the replacements disrupt the flow.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

VVe can type as though vve're illiterate, if vve wish to avoid the filter, 1 suppose.

It is just impossible to read many p3ople's posts at the moment though, because the replacements disrupt the flow.

Great, l33t speak

Excuse me a second.

*Picks up Saxon's car*

*Places it on Saxon*

• Like 1

The fact I have to go through all my posts from yesterday to remove all the cancer.

Speaking of cancer, I was at my mother's place and she was watching the Hallmark channel and talking with her boyfriend on the phone instead of helping me. The Hallmark channel is quite literally cancer. Even more cancer than the board yesterday. Like, made-for-tv-chick-flick-drowning-in-estrogen cancer.

Edit: I thought I'd give an example. The movie she was watching later in the evening was this low-budget, made-for-tv, no-one's-ever-heard-of-it, badly-written movie about some woman who apparently falls for her dog trainer, whom she goes to because she's not "assertive" enough for it to obey any of her commands. "But, I don't want to be MEAN to the dog." The dog literally obeys EVERYONE but her. I mean, seriously, if the dog's been taught properly to sit if even a random woman tells the dog to sit, then the dog's also going to sit if the owner tells him to sit, no matter how timid it is. You could tell the fucking writers have never trained a dog in their life, and knew shit about dog training.

15 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

The fact I have to go through all my posts from yesterday to remove all the cancer.

Speaking of cancer, I was at my mother's place and she was watching the Hallmark channel and talking with her boyfriend on the phone instead of helping me. The Hallmark channel is quite literally cancer. Even more cancer than the board yesterday. Like, made-for-tv-chick-flick-drowning-in-estrogen cancer.

Edit: I thought I'd give an example. The movie she was watching later in the evening was this low-budget, made-for-tv, no-one's-ever-heard-of-it, badly-written movie about some woman who apparently falls for her dog trainer, whom she goes to because she's not "assertive" enough for it to obey any of her commands. "But, I don't want to be MEAN to the dog." The dog literally obeys EVERYONE but her. I mean, seriously, if the dog's been taught properly to sit if even a random woman tells the dog to sit, then the dog's also going to sit if the owner tells him to sit, no matter how timid it is. You could tell the fucking writers have never trained a dog in their life, and knew shit about dog training.

This movie sounds like it could easily be adapted to have a furry twist. It turns out the dog trainer is so good because he is one with his inner animal, and that he dresses up as a big furry dog. The women trembles at the knees and realises that this is what she's been looking for her whole life!

Title the movie 'Go fetch' and there we go.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Artists using Twitter as their primary place to upload art.

Twitter artifacts art and uploads everything as jpgs. Its awful

It also crops the images badly for the thumbnails. I think it's a good idea to have a twitter as an advert for your main gallery on a different site, or as a place for works-in-progress.

Thats why I didnt post while the translator was on.

So as far as I could see, replacing two crucial letters with different ascii characters, which have identical appearances, effectively disabled it.

That information is of little use here now, but it's useful for avoiding automated filters on other websites, or generating usernames that other people will never be able to hack, because they'll never even get the username right.

People trying to pass off personal preferences in art as technical criticism, especially on "tutorial" and "PSA" posts.

I've seen two recently, one about linearts being "too busy" and one about skin "not being warm enough."
Bitch, those ain't factual information.  Lineart detail is going to depend entirely on the artist's preference, and warmth of skin is going to depend on both the subject itself and the surrounding environment (Your skin's gonna look way warmer during a sunset than during a rainstorm, etc).

Shut the fuck up.

On 4/2/2017 at 8:52 PM, Crazy Lee said:

the hallmark channel is basically the only channel my grandma ever watches, which she will do for hours at a time.  i do sneak in and watch golden girls on that channel in the mornings before i go to bed, but even just the commercials for the movies and "original series" they show on that channel are nauseating.

So the Prime minister of the United Kingdom is upset that an Easter egg hunt run by the Cadbury chocolate firm titled their event 'Cadbury's Great British Egg hunt'.

Obviously the omission of the word 'Easter' from the title is an attempt to oppress and secularise the world's Christians! :V
In fact, they are airbrushing Christianity from Easter; it's persecution! ...It's not like foraging for chocolate eggs is already so far abstracted from Christianity that Jesus is pretty much not involved either way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39487307

Why is our Prime minister absorbing herself with trivial things that don't matter? ._. Is she really dumb enough to believe that Christians in the west are persecuted because a chocolate egg hunt doesn't have the word 'Easter' in the title?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Obviously the omission of the word 'Easter' from the title is an attempt to oppress and secularise the world's Christians! :V
In fact, they are airbrushing Christianity from Easter; it's persecution! ...It's not like foraging for chocolate eggs is already so far abstracted from Christianity that Jesus is pretty much not involved either way.

Even the name is suspected to come from an Anglo-Saxon goddess, variously Oestre or Ostara depending on who you listen to.

Personally I'm more annoyed at the use of the word 'British' when Cadbury's was bought out by Kraft years ago, and they have since gone on to ruin the recipe for said eggs by replacing proper cocoa with 'cocoa solids'. It is therefore neither Great nor British nor truly Cadbury's, and the eggs aren't even eggs - they're made of chocolate!

I therefore declare it should be renamed 'Hunt'.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vae said:

People trying to pass off personal preferences in art as technical criticism, especially on "tutorial" and "PSA" posts.

Remove personal preference from art and you don't really have any technical criticism. :D I mean, who's going to tell Picasso he has no idea of human proportions, M. C. Escher that perspective doesn't work like that, or Andres Serrano that he should use the bathroom like a civilised human being?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Faust said:

Even the name is suspected to come from an Anglo-Saxon goddess, variously Oestre or Ostara depending on who you listen to.

Personally I'm more annoyed at the use of the word 'English' when Cadbury's was bought out by Kraft years ago, and they have since gone on to ruin the recipe for said eggs by replacing proper cocoa with 'cocoa solids'. It is therefore neither Great nor British nor truly Cadbury's, and the eggs aren't even eggs - they're made of chocolate!

I therefore declare it should be renamed 'Hunt'.

It's surprising how much historical revisionism is associated with Christianity.

That story I quoted actually had an example; the Archbishop of York said that the title was an insult to Cadbury's Christian founder, even though John Cadbury was a Quaker and hence probably didn't even celebrate Easter- some Quakers even regard Easter as an 'abomination'.
Although one could also argue that founding a company that produces chocolate luxury goods is also antithetical to the Quaker frugality- so maybe John didn't mind too much about religious doctrine.

Remove personal preference from art and you don't really have any technical criticism. :D I mean, who's going to tell Picasso he has no idea of human proportions, M. C. Escher that perspective doesn't work like that, or Andres Serrano that he should use the bathroom like a civilised human being?

Very good point; any art criticism or tutorial tacitly necessitates an assumption of what an artist's aims should be, as there is no such thing as objectively good art.

Now I want to see a cubist get their panties in a bunch because a tutorial recommends beginning with a circle. C:

• Like 2

What surprises me more is how people can be fanatically in favour of their chosen religious text whilst happily flaunting those parts of it that are inconvenient to them and openly ignoring ones that are morally repugnant - and yet they can still paradoxically believe that their bible-of-choice is 100% true, 100% moral and 100% accurate, even when presented with the appropriate scripture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

Although one could also argue that founding a company that produces chocolate luxury goods is also antithetical to the Quaker frugality- so maybe John didn't mind too much about religious doctrine.

The Society never published a creed for any of it's member groups; there was no quacker doctrine beyond the acknowledgment that God can be experienced directly. That's really all there is to it. At various points in their history the society has been known for manufacturing and large scale philanthropy, so chocolate isn't out if character at all.

1 hour ago, Faust said:

What surprises me more is how people can be fanatically in favour....

2 hours ago, Faust said:

If that's a genuine expression, you'll notice that feeling a lot when you start studying ethics in earnest. It's because the student will find an alien idea and reflexively judge it from his own personal worldview, which is usually arbitrary. That sometimes gives you useful results with synthetic systems, but never analytic ethics. Especially when you're studying a real world text which includes history and asserts that the people recorded are unreliable, there is a lot to get sidetracked with before you really understand the underlying reasoning. If you're serious you have to find out why people are comfortable with what appears to be a contradiction, and how they understand it. Usually there isn't a contradiction at all (because that would be too easy.)

People do the same thing with Kierkegaard, and for the same reason. It's easy to take two blocks of texts and obscure their reasoning in order to make him contradict himself, but his logic is sound nonetheless.

If it isn't genuine don't worry about it.

• Like 2

The Society never published a creed for any of it's member groups; there was no quacker doctrine beyond the acknowledgment that God can be experienced directly. That's really all there is to it. At various points in their history the society has been known for manufacturing and large scale philanthropy, so chocolate isn't out if character at all.

If that's a genuine expression, you'll notice that feeling a lot when you start studying ethics in earnest. It's because the student will find an alien idea and reflexively judge it from his own personal worldview, which is usually arbitrary. That sometimes gives you useful results with synthetic systems, but never analytic ethics. Especially when you're studying a real world text which includes history and asserts that the people recorded are unreliable, there is a lot to get sidetracked with before you really understand the underlying reasoning. If you're serious you have to find out why people are comfortable with what appears to be a contradiction, and how they understand it. Usually there isn't a contradiction at all (because that would be too easy.)

People do the same thing with Kierkegaard, and for the same reason. It's easy to take two blocks of texts and obscure their reasoning in order to make him contradict himself, but his logic is sound nonetheless.

If it isn't genuine don't worry about it.

If you're trying to argue that religious texts don't contain contradictions and that the contradictions only exist in the heads of people who are ignorant, then this argument is astonishingly unconvincing and it shows that you don't understand the history of how these religious books were assembled.

When you understand how religious texts get assembled over thousands of years, not only are contradictions unsurprising, but fully expected.

The introduction of random mistakes in translation and the introduction of amendments by later cultures which don't share the same attitudes and beliefs as the original authors, are responsible for these contradictions.
For example the original authors of the Canaanite religion, that eventually intermingled with other Semitic religions and evolved into Judaism, were polytheists, not monotheists.
The Jewish god Yahweh is the Canaanite Weather-god and he is just one of at least 28 Canaanite gods, many of which are shared with other cultures (for example Eshmun, the goddess of healing, is directly homologous to Asclipius, the greek god of healing, also shared with the egyptians and phoenicians)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eshmun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Canaanite_religion

So when we see Yahweh proclaimed as the one-true god by the modern monotheistic Abrahamic religions, we know that this is actually a revision of what Yahweh originally was, probably resulting from interactions with the Zoroastrian culture, which introduced the Semitic peoples to the concept of monotheism, dualism, heaven, hell and free will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

I think that a lot of religious believers resist the realisation that contradictions, caused by sweeping revisions, exist in religious texts because it shows that religious texts are culturally constructed mythologies, rather than divinations from a godly moral authority.
They don't tell the story of the one true God speaking to the Jews; these books actually tell the stories of groups like the Phoenicians, Greeks and Zoroastrians interacting and sharing their different folk-lores and philosophies.
A lot of religious believers start off from a biased and dishonest position where they perceive their job is to dismiss all possible contradictions in order to make their favourite religious text look good, rather than because they want to understand the history of the culture and how that history has come to construct that culture's mythology.

• Like 1