Things that you hate! v2

Sar

I put UV filters on the lenses because people don't understand that one of the reasons you're not getting solid blacks is the UV light getting redshifted in the picture, adding a blue hue to black fabrics like shirts and turning them grey.

Hooray photography electives in high school.

Can you show me a source that proves that? Or sample photos? Because I can't find anything. Also, many "UV" filters that you buy these days are really just glass since "UV filter" has become synonymous with "protection filter".

Personally, I hate them. They reduce image quality since they are just pieces of glass that isn't part of the construction of the lens, they easily cause flares (my Tokina 12-24mm f/4 flares very easily, adding a filter makes this even worse) and many of them are a nightmare to keep clean.

On UV Filters, dpreview has a decent article, and there a lot more out there with on/off comparisons and other details. I like to shoot outdoors in direct sunlight, so I tend to keep them on all of my lenses unless I'm swapping to a polarizer or ND filter. Given all the water, dirt, and errant tree branches that have wound up on my lenses, I think the front elements on most of them would be utter disasters by now if they weren't covered. (I've had to replace multiple filters due to damage over the years.)

Going anyway near or around my mums section or house. Do you know those shows on TV, "Hoarders" or "Houses from Hell"? Well maybe my mums place ain't as bad as that but it gets awfully depressing trying to maneuver around all of the shit to get to something and look at everything that has been neglected.    

Edited by Mr. Fox

VRay's forums. You have to register just to see the forums, let alone the posts. Once you have registered, you can't even post anything! A week in and I'm trying to contact their web admin to see what I have to do in order to post in their problems sub-forum. That's some customer service.

That I feel like shit and this place is my only outlet. FFS I need friends IRL, or even if I could just stop being a ballbag and talk to people I meet here. But noooo, "I'm just wasting their time/annoying them", "You're a boring fucker", "Haha, you dont have any friends". Well fuck you, my own brain. I don't know how to be a real friend.

I need a fucking cat.

UPS AND DOWNS

• Like 1

That I feel like shit and this place is my only outlet. FFS I need friends IRL, or even if I could just stop being a ballbag and talk to people I meet here. But noooo, "I'm just wasting their time/annoying them", "You're a boring fucker", "Haha, you dont have any friends". Well fuck you, my own brain. I don't know how to be a real friend.

I need a fucking cat.

UPS AND DOWNS

I know that feel, dough

i mean, bro

i actually dont really talk to anyone at all aside from going into group chats for very brief periods

I know that feel, dough

i mean, bro

i actually dont really talk to anyone at all aside from going into group chats for very brief periods

I love all you fuzzies and this place, but even back on FAF and Weasyl it was the same. I try talking to people, it goes great, then my own head fucks me and I disappear for months if not years. At least in groups it isn't as noticeable.

I love all you fuzzies and this place, but even back on FAF and Weasyl it was the same. I try talking to people, it goes great, then my own head fucks me and I disappear for months if not years. At least in groups it isn't as noticeable.

lets be turbo honest, thats your own problem and you should see a pro for it

literally nothing wrong with you, every time you've disappeared I've always wondered why. I can't speak for other people but I can't imagine what such wild scenarios in your head are created by. if you're ever anxious about something or whatever you can always just ask me.

i miss ya every tim

Edited by Sir Gibby

lets be turbo honest, thats your own problem and you should see a pro for it

literally nothing wrong with you, every time you've disappeared I've always wondered why

i miss ya every tim

Cheers gibbro. I am seeing someone about it and all manner of things, and tbh I'm better than I used to be. But sometimes it all comes back.

From their twitter:

"We prefer to keep our forums an educational & positive community exclusively for V-Ray users & fans."

You might as well dump VRay as it's obvious they're a juvenile clique only looking for maximum money with minimal support effort.

Thanks for trying! :D

The things that I hate the most out everything possibly known to mankind and across the universe...

canker sores

Oh god, absolutely. One time I had TWO giant canker sores on each side of my lips. Trying to eat was fucking awful. I'm so glad they don't pop up as often as they used to, which was like every month. :\

Skype is pretty much my social life, aside from rare interactions with other furries in NZ. I literally spend 91.6% of my time shut away in my room (I did the math) .... it's not healthy.

I mean, it's not that I don't want to leave my room... But I have nothing to do with my flatmates, all of my friends I used to spend large amounts of time with are too far away to visit often with my current means, and I already spend most of what time I DO spend out of my room walking. Even with a job, I'd probably spend what time I'm not working either at the gym or locked up in my room.

Edited by ChaosCalix
  • Like 1

The mental health support meeting the other week was a complete waste of my time. So I decided not to go back for further support. But I went home at the weekend and Mum was getting really pissy with how low my self esteem apparently is and said that needs to change and did the whole "can you get help if not for you but for me" thing. So I emailed them again to get the ball rolling. Knowing it would be a total waste of my time.

And they want me to apply for DSA before I can get any actual support (I'm gonna get nothing for depression/anxiety and I KNOW this so this is pointless). So yeah, additional pointless work added onto my complete waste of time. In addition to the mountains of academic work I need to do but can't do because it's simply impossible for a normal human being to study all this in the limited time we're given.

I feel like I'm being spread REALLY thin about it academically and I can't remember anything that I study because I've got to put my attention to so many things, I can't put any useful effort into any one topic so I study them all and take away from none of them. And I really don't know what to do about it. I know I need to change my studying technique but I don't know what to change it TO. I've been doing what I'm doing now since I was 16 and it worked great for my undergrad because I could sit and study for 14 hours a day because I didn't have anywhere else to be. But now 14 hours a day isn't enough time to do all this work, and that would be if I even HAD 14 hours a day to study in. If I want even 10 hours of studying most days I have to trade off sleep which will make me more tired for the next day and I won't concentrate in lectures OR at home studying. And I have to sleep it off during the day and that means even less time studying, so I'm totally completely fucked.