Things that you hate! v2

Sar

Hate how our legal system can arbitrarily decide if someone is Muslim or not, even when provided evidence to the contrary. All it takes is speculation that someone could be a Muslim.

Also hate the assumption that everyone Muslim should call themselves Malay, even if you're not ethnic Malay.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XoPachi said:

Baby metal. My entire group of friends got crazy into it out of nowhere. I already hate metal as it is. Mix jpop with it and it's cancer for my ears. No thanks. You can have that. Lol

I love metal...

but I hate baby metal and similar bands.

Mostly because I hate jpop. Most jpop is way too fucking happy sounding. Either it's damn underaged teen girls who are somewhat sexualized with high pitched voices, or overly skinny androgynous (and also probably underaged) dudes. And I don't know if it's because of the language and the way it sounds, but all of it just sounds too... cheerful, happy, energetic, bizzare.

Take a heavy metal band, which is good. Replace the vocalist with a bunch of japanese teeny bopper girls with high pitched voices, singing about cute shit.
@Victor-933, you get this:

The riff on this is actually pretty good, but damn it all if it didn't sound like a god damn vocaloid concert or something.

On 10/9/2016 at 7:55 AM, Sylver said:

My brain started trying to imagine what it feels like when a movie character is stabbed, shot, or whatever. It's beginning to annoy me.

Unfortunately, the more you try not to do something, the more it ends up happening.

I sometimes feel sorry for the people who die in movies, even the villains (not the main bad guy but all his disposable henchmen... they're just trying to earn a check dammit!)

It's all faked but I'm still like "well that was a crappy way to die".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Lee said:

I love metal...

but I hate baby metal and similar bands.

Mostly because I hate jpop. Most jpop is way too fucking happy sounding. Either it's damn underaged teen girls who are somewhat sexualized with high pitched voices, or overly skinny androgynous (and also probably underaged) dudes. And I don't know if it's because of the language and the way it sounds, but all of it just sounds too... cheerful, happy, energetic, bizzare.

Take a heavy metal band, which is good. Replace the vocalist with a bunch of japanese teeny bopper girls with high pitched voices, singing about cute shit.
@Victor-933, you get this:

The riff on this is actually pretty good, but damn it all if it didn't sound like a god damn vocaloid concert or something.

1469460671649.jpg

• Like 4

While we're on the subject of the strangeness of Japanese culture and its obsession with underaged anything...

I really hate yaoi fangirls. Why? Because most of them are loud, obnoxious, hyper, immature, and usually tumblr as well.

Even moreso, I hate those yaoi fangirls I've seen who are huge fans of baka no pico. If you are not aware what pico is, it's an anime hentai where a 12 year old boy gets fucked by a grown man, and then fucks another 12 year old boy that's in drag. So basically pedophila.

And some girls are like "OMG I love bako no pico *giggle giggle* it's so hot and it has sexy gay shit in it...." and I'm like "DUDE A GROWN MAN IS FUCKING A BOY."

You like that lolicon/shotacon shit, whatever. Just don't brag about it or talk about it so openly, you stupid weaboo bitches.

On the subject of metal, I hate when a song's instrumentals start out and you think "hey this song sounds pretty cool" and then the terrible death growling vocals kick in and the song is completely ruined. You can still sound powerful and menacing without giving the impression your vocal chords are about to blow out.

On 9/30/2016 at 11:22 AM, Vae said:

"Girl on the internet syndrome."

"Teeheehee oops I'm so gross~ Here's these pics of me that totally weren't taken 500 times so I could get three good ones where the angle and my makeup don't look atrocious!~
Whoops, my cleavage is in this shot. That ttly wasn't intentional!
Teeheehee.
Don't hit on me silly boys ew"

Like how attention-starved in rl do you even have to be.

You know, I used to think those skype sex bots were totally off when they had digital robot chicks send me message about their soaked-in-battery-acid vagingotrons, but after seeing a few gurl streamers, they weren't too far off from the truth. 

55 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Corrupt mods.

MOM! THE MODS INFRAC'D ME AND IT HUUUUUURRTTT!!!

• Like 3

People who insist on gaming while on voice chat and spend more time yelling at the game than having a conversation. What was even the point of asking for voice chat? If you're so wrapped up in a game you can't hold a conversation just play the damn game and come talk to me later. Buddy invited me to talk on discord while he played TERA but he didn't do much actual talking and between sitting and waiting ten minutes for him to respond to the conversation he'd curse at the game then ask me to repeat what I said. 

If you can't multitask then just don't try. I don't seek out your company just to bask in your presence. When you ask me for a conversation I want to actually talk and discuss things, not repeat myself 100 times and jump 3 feet in the air every time you scream curse words at your game. Give me substance dammit! 

I got some pants from the goodwill store I work at today, and I showed them to Mum. She said that I had this one T-shirt in particular that would go well with them. I couldn't figure out what one she was talking about because she described it as "the red one with the thing on it" while gesturing diagonally across her torso.

She was talking about my Kylo Ren T-shirt. I'm going to go cry now =V

That happened a few years back with my sunglasses >_< Hurt for a while, but then it just kind of stopped. I forget why, but I didn't do anything to them. Been fine ever since. Those sunglasses have lasted me 7 years! :D

29 minutes ago, Lemon said:

The little nose nubbin on my glasses fell off and now my delicate schnozz feels pain RIP 

I buy a portable rechargeable fan on Amazon. Use it a few times. Then the front mode button stops working. The way the fan looks, it looks like it was built in china (I think the instructions were both in english and chinese).

So I put a one star review on Amazon. "I like this product but the mode button failed after a couple months and it won't work."

I just got an email.

Hello our friend,

This is the seller of TOPWELL. Thank you so much for your support.

If you have any questions about our products, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you.

If you are satisfied with us, we will appreciate your real review.

Best regards,
Topwell

How about helping me by actually responding to my complaint, and speaking coherent english for fucks sake! I'll fucking get Trump to deport your asses!

And what the fuck do you mean by "real review"? I gave you my review. Your product was great WHEN IT WORKED, but then it failed too soon, so it's fucking imported communist garbage.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Why does this need to be a two-part process?
Why not just send me the question you actually meant to ask?
You're giving me no context on subject material. I have literally no fucking idea whether or not I'm okay with this, because you've told me absolutely nothing in the process.

Just ask the thing. Don't drag it out.
My reaction's gonna be the goddamn same when you get to the point anyway.

9 hours ago, Vae said:

"Can I ask you a question?"

Why does this need to be a two-part process?
Why not just send me the question you actually meant to ask?
You're giving me no context on subject material. I have literally no fucking idea whether or not I'm okay with this, because you've told me absolutely nothing in the process.

Just ask the thing. Don't drag it out.
My reaction's gonna be the goddamn same when you get to the point anyway.

People ask this to engage the attention of the listener or to prepare them for a question that could be sensitive.

Nobody wants to know whether you object to being asked questions; it's a conversational device, not a literal request.

5 minutes ago, Saxon said:

People ask this to engage the attention of the listener or to prepare them for a question that could be sensitive.

Nobody wants to know whether you object to being asked questions; it's a conversational device, not a literal request.

I can totally understand that. But, people use it for dumb crap all the time, and it sends my anxiety at a very unfortunate spike. I'm just like, stop pussy-footing around please ask the thing then i can calm down. 

Just now, Lemon said:

I can totally understand that. But, people use it for dumb crap all the time, and it sends my anxiety at a very unfortunate spike. I'm just like, stop pussy-footing around please ask the thing then i can calm down. 

Yup, not disputing that.

7 minutes ago, Saxon said:

All it does is waste my goddamn time. If it's a sensitive issue, prefacing it with "Can I ask you something?" does nothing to change the actual content of the question, nor how I'm gonna react to it when it comes to light.

Now if they gave me actual context to why it's sensitive, then sure.
"Can I ask you something about your art" is a huge amount of difference from "Can I ask you something about your sex life."

Also, if you're sending me a private message on a website, it's gonna engage my attention anyway.
It's just such an awkward and unnecessary step. People need to just get to their point.

• Like 1

Just now, Vae said:

All it does is waste my goddamn time. If it's a sensitive issue, prefacing it with "Can I ask you something?" does nothing to change the actual content of the question, nor how I'm gonna react to it when it comes to light.

Now if they gave me actual context to why it's sensitive, then sure.
"Can I ask you something about your art" is a huge amount of difference from "Can I ask you something about your sex life."

Also, if you're sending me a private message on a website, it's gonna engage my attention anyway.
It's just such an awkward and unnecessary step. People need to just get to their point.

Okay, I think you missed the point. Most people aren't trying to ascertain whether you're comfortable with discussing the topic they have in mind; they're just trying to grab your attention.

I'm not sure why somebody would do that on the internet, to be honest though, because it's not as though they're vying to be heard in a noisy room. That is puzzling.

9 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I'm not sure why somebody would do that on the internet, to be honest though, because it's not as though they're vying to be heard in a noisy room. That is puzzling.

Which is why I have issue with it.

Because it's a massive waste of time volleying that kind of thing back and forth just to get to the point of discussion.

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

i agree with that bit. when people pull the "hey... can I ask you a question?" bit I freak

People who don't clean up after their dogs, in the city. But they learn, fast, here: Once you've been spotted as a repeat offender, you're gonna have sack of flaming shit on the steps of your row-house. I've never done this, but given the population density, you just can't have dogs crappin' all over, and people too lazy to take care of it.

Welp, ripped apart the fan because FUCK the people who shipped it to me. Turns out the switch to activate it is known as a capacitance switch or touch switch. It was basically a square of copper foil glued heavily with hot glue behind the spot where the switch symbol was on the outside of the fan, with a single wire running to the circuit board. So, no way to actually replace it with a standard switch without bypassing the capacitance circuit.

But, it doesn't need that replaced anyway. I unplugged the battery while playing around with it, and when I plugged the battery back in fully, the thing worked perfect. So, if it happens again I'll need to have a switch that fully isolates the battery like a reset switch.

And yea, it was made in china. The labels on the fan are all in chinese with some english. Whoop for shitty shit being sold on Amazon from chinese assholes.

Coworkers who setup a presentation to show me what I already know and have demonstrated that I know and understand. Please stop wasting my time, I know you can't but please try.

9 hours ago, Jtrekkie said:

My goodness, I am drowning in other people's stuff.

eBay! 8D

• Like 1

I'm already pissed at my roommate today, and I've only been up for 30 minutes. Because I turned on my light, and he's like, "turn that back off"
I told him no, and asked why. He's like, "I don't like the light" and I looked at him, and told him that I didn't fucking care.
Cause it's my light, on my side of the bedroom, and I need it on because it helps me stay awake

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Crabby people. I decided that certain people just tend to be bitchy and crotchety more often than not, and that even if ya try and help 'em, it's better just to steer clear, or you might get all crabby and grouchy, too.

Christ, that sounds like me a few years ago. 

Don't become the thing you hate, you'll regret it...

• Like 1

I had some left over Dollars and Euros and decided they needed to be converted back to Pounds. I was hoping that, since the Pound had been devalued, I would make a profit.

The Bureau de change gave me such a bad rate for the conversion that it was obvious they were taking all of the profit for themselves. :\

6 hours ago, Saxon said:

I had some left over Dollars and Euros and decided they needed to be converted back to Pounds. I was hoping that, since the Pound had been devalued, I would make a profit.

The Bureau de change gave me such a bad rate for the conversion that it was obvious they were taking all of the profit for themselves. :\

What's the pound at now? I just ordered a suit from Invincible Rubber, and the rate I got was $1.22....I was pretty amazed! It's like all of England is having a 20% off sale, compared to earlier, this year. Wonder where things will settle out. Ironic: The UK leaves the EU, but now the currencies are almost the same, anyway. Edit: Your fetish industry will be booming!

6 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

What's the pound at now? I just ordered a suit from Invincible Rubber, and the rate I got was $1.22....I was pretty amazed! It's like all of England is having a 20% off sale, compared to earlier, this year. Wonder where things will settle out. Ironic: The UK leaves the EU, but now the currencies are almost the same, anyway. 

At the bureau I used, If I were to turn my pounds into euros I would get about 1 euro for every pound. However, for every 4 euros I give them, I only get 3 pounds back.
Same with dollars.

I dislike smelling other people on my sheets, pillows and blankets. Not sure why but I feel the need to wash all of my bedding after a friend sleeps there. They don't even stink or anything, I can just smell the other person's soap/shampoo general basic scent all over my things and it makes it nearly impossible for me to sleep there later. It's not even a strong smell but it's there and it makes relaxing harder at night. 

I also have a little trouble sleeping in strange beds, again it's kind of a smell thing, I can smell unfamiliar stuff in the air or on the bedding and it makes me all hyper aware that this isn't my bed. 

• Like 1