People who actually take fast food home

Azure

So apparently there is a breed of human being who thinks that it is a wise decision to order fast food and actually transport it to their home and eat it.  Do you even believe this? Why would you spend upwards of 10 dollars for a full meal whose quality unarguably is dependant on the amount of time that passes before you shove it into your gaping weaboo ramenhole, only to drive for 20 minuets and allow it to become a slimy old starch pile wrapped in branded brown paper and then eat it? What in the everliving fuck is wrong with that person? The must enjoy both wasting their money and being perpetually unsatisfied for it. If you know anyone who does this please tell them that I hate them.

• Like 1

tbh, on the rare occasion that i do hit up a drive thru, i end up finishing it on the drive home. the Wendy's Baconator is a huge guilty pleasure of mine, fortunately i never have time to eat out or i'd be having heart problems.

9 minutes ago, JegoLego said:

tbh, on the rare occasion that i do hit up a drive thru, i end up finishing it on the drive home. the Wendy's Baconator is a huge guilty pleasure of mine, fortunately i never have time to eat out or i'd be having heart problems.

Yiu are the only REAL man to post so far. There will no doubt be many posts about ouch the food is too hot or it's too much to eat. I need not this nonsense. You are merely weak.

I don't do fast food very often. I will say drive thru is convenient. Sometimes if I've been out all day and I'm sore and tired I head for the Bojangles on the way back home, order biscuits and fried chicken, It's still warm by the time I get home and now I don't have to cook. Also p cheap. 

• Like 2

I don't like ordering fast food to home. So much waiting, the food gets cold (bad when fast foods should be eaten right after they have been heated) and the extra delivery costs are a killer. 

I do have a guilty pleasure of eating inside a fast food restaurant, tho. (Un?)fortunately I've got a lot of fast food joints near me so I'll just walk/bicycle into one, especially if I am on a business to somewhere else too. It's costly and unhealthy but ateast I am burning some of the calories on the way to a fast food joint and on the way to home

Was going to say but Hewge nailed it...who takes a 20 minute drive home after buying fast food? Its fast food for a reason, you dont let it sit in that bag for that long. And a couple minutes isnt going to kill the warmth, taste, or flavor.

Also, so much tension and hate in this thread, how does humanity survive when feuding over fast food gets this intense?

• Like 1

tbh if I have to go outside to get food, I will usually opt to go to a sit down place so at least it is time and money well spent. but in the instances where I just want something quick, it only takes about five minutes for me to take the food home

and I'm not about to ride my bike and eat at the same time like some savage hooligan

I dunno how much you can shove down your gullet, but fast food generally fills me the fuck up too much, unless I order something particularly small.

But if that's the same price as a regular meal (and oftentimes it is), why not just take the rest of it home instead of trying to overstuff myself and feel sick?
I can eat the rest of the day / part of the next day on that shit. That means less cooking, and less time and money from my own cabinet used at home.

• Like 1

Today someone bought two sandwiches from me and asked if they'd spoil if left in the car. I often go shopping after work to grab a snack so I leave my subs in the car a lot so I asked how long she'd be shopping. 45 minutes or so. Full blown grocery trip. I was baffled. Why would you come buy some subs and then go shopping? You could have had them made after? I offered to keep them in our fridge and gave them to her when she came back.

16 hours ago, Misomie said:

Today someone bought two sandwiches from me and asked if they'd spoil if left in the car. I often go shopping after work to grab a snack so I leave my subs in the car a lot so I asked how long she'd be shopping. 45 minutes or so. Full blown grocery trip. I was baffled. Why would you come buy some subs and then go shopping? You could have had them made after? I offered to keep them in our fridge and gave them to her when she came back.

A colleague of mine was once enraged because I threw away uncooked chicken which he had left out on the kitchen work surface over night.

Evidently he had wanted to eat it for breakfast...

On topic: the quality of fast food is determined by what part of the world you live in too. Most (if not all) fast food chains follow a specific recipe but that doesn't mean the McChicken burger you bought from your local McDonald's will be the same as the one you bought in another country. Some countries have better quality control on the ingredients they use and it makes a huge difference to the overall quality of the food. Take into consideration that some countries have more stricter policies in place that prohibit more harmful food types then you end up with a better quality product overall...   

On 8/28/2016 at 11:43 PM, Azure said:

So apparently there is a breed of human being who thinks that it is a wise decision to order fast food and actually transport it to their home and eat it.  Do you even believe this? Why would you spend upwards of 10 dollars for a full meal whose quality unarguably is dependant on the amount of time that passes before you shove it into your gaping weaboo ramenhole, only to drive for 20 minuets and allow it to become a slimy old starch pile wrapped in branded brown paper and then eat it? What in the everliving fuck is wrong with that person? The must enjoy both wasting their money and being perpetually unsatisfied for it. If you know anyone who does this please tell them that I hate them.

I often walk to the mall, grab something to eat and take it home with me

I don't like cooking for myself because I'm not very good at it

But I don't like eating in public because general agoraphobia but also residual food anxiety from ED

the 10 minute walk doesn't hurt the food quality that much to be tbh

1 hour ago, Onnes said:

The best fast food places don't have seating.

Last time I checked, In N out burger had seating. And the places that don't intend for you to eat it in your car simoly by  virtue of design. I don't know bout anyone else but the quality of 10 minute old McDonald's vs fresh is kinda like eating chocolate truffles or a dog poop by mistake :V

They're doing the opposite here in Murrika by placing self order kiosks and reducing the cashier to a busboy because half the workers don't speak enough English to effectively take an order. But we still get the fry basket sometimes. Regardless they're prolly gonna be out of business soon so I switched to Wendy's long ago, until in and out burger finally comes to co

On September 1, 2016 at 11:56 PM, GemWolf said:

I hate eating in public.

Yeah

You can avoid experiences like I had today

When I was Posting on my phone while letting the hot food cool properly and the lady comes and asks "HAVE YOU ENJOYED YOUR FIRST FEW BITES?"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Yeah

You can avoid experiences like I had today

When I was Posting on my phone while letting the hot food cool properly and the lady comes and asks "HAVE YOU ENJOYED YOUR FIRST FEW BITES?"

My parents do things like this all the time. I now no longer let them give me food and if they do I refuse to eat it. I tell them to stop and they do it anyways so my excuse? "You wanted me to grow up and live on my own so that's exactly what I'm preparing to do. You can help me do that by not doing anything at all."

On the other side all food I get myself taste amazing and now that I choose when to eat I've stopped gaining weight.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2016 at 10:27 PM, 6tails said:

INO is fine if you eat their stuff IMMEDIATELY. It is not the kind of stuff you try taking home. Even after 5 minutes the fries are near-inedible and your bun's thoroughly soaked with grease.

So a man would argue, what version of fast food isn't incredibly greasy and still tastes good after 10 minutes marinating in its own juices? My answer is none. You've just bought lukewarm cardboard.

• 3 weeks later...

Microwaving fast food for a short period doesn't degrade it that much (IMO anyway), but if you put it on for too long, the buns get hard, the nuggets get incredibly chewy, and the fries just get terrible. However, I always eat in the parking lot unless someone brings it home.

On 8/30/2016 at 2:41 PM, Saxon said:

A colleague of mine was once enraged because I threw away uncooked chicken which he had left out on the kitchen work surface over night.

Evidently he had wanted to eat it for breakfast...

He was going to cook it at least right? I still wouldn't eat it, but wouldn't that kill most of the harmful bacteria in it?

11 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

Microwaving fast food for a short period doesn't degrade it that much (IMO anyway), but if you put it on for too long, the buns get hard, the nuggets get incredibly chewy, and the fries just get terrible. However, I always eat in the parking lot unless someone brings it home.

He was going to cook it at least right? I still wouldn't eat it, but wouldn't that kill most of the harmful bacteria in it?

Probably.