Things That You Want

DrGravitas

25 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

My main issue with working in the medical field is...after almost two years of attempting a biology degree (a four year program) I flunked...

I passed biology flawlessly, but when it came to higher maths I couldnt even pass high level algebras, much less the trigonometry and calculus that I hadnt even touched yet. In Chemistry even though I worked hard studying, but that first exam I failed and not wanting to fail like I had done in math, withdrew from the course. Along with home stress I didnt do well in school.

This all made me feel really bad because I really love science but seeing as mathematics was a core fundamental asset to it I felt awful and mourned never being a scientist.

Ive since contented myself with working hands-on experience and if I go back to college Im just going in to be a tech and hoping the mathematical standards arent too high

I know I'm good at math, I'm quick to solve problems compared to most and I do it without messing up. I'm in the highest classes but the more I hear about college math, the more nervous I get about it. I'm curious as to what exactly you struggled with hoping I can learn it while I still have time.

26 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

I know I'm good at math, I'm quick to solve problems compared to most and I do it without messing up. I'm in the highest classes but the more I hear about college math, the more nervous I get about it. I'm curious as to what exactly you struggled with hoping I can learn it while I still have time.

To be fair, I was awful in high school math as well, I skated by...you will do fine if youre already bright in high school, Im just sad and pathetic that Im dumb in mathematics

A Jo2uke Higashikata cosplay outfit, A Ghiren Zabi cosplay uniform, and a Masei 610 Zaku helmet. Also, some PG gunpla sets would be awesome. Maybe even a really cool fursuit, too.

Oh, and a really cool "Normal suit"-like race suit would be cool as well. 

7 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

My main issue with working in the medical field is...after almost two years of attempting a biology degree (a four year program) I flunked...

I passed biology flawlessly, but when it came to higher maths I couldnt even pass high level algebras, much less the trigonometry and calculus that I hadnt even touched yet. In Chemistry even though I worked hard studying, but that first exam I failed and not wanting to fail like I had done in math, withdrew from the course. Along with home stress I didnt do well in school.

This all made me feel really bad because I really love science but seeing as mathematics was a core fundamental asset to it I felt awful and mourned never being a scientist.

Ive since contented myself with working hands-on experience and if I go back to college Im just going in to be a tech and hoping the mathematical standards arent too high

I am surprised your high school education didn't introduce trigonometry and calculus, but you should not feel disadvantaged and helpless if you are not good at maths, because skill can be cultivated very quickly provided you are diligent enough.  

I began on a score of 26% in maths and felt like I was unable to understand most of the course content. However, with considerable effort, I worked my way up to a score of 80% by the time I reached exams, such that maths was my best subject.

I devoted 50% of my free time to learning maths and studied for 12 hours each day in the month before exams.

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

I am surprised your high school education didn't introduce trigonometry and calculus, but you should not feel disadvantaged and helpless if you are not good at maths, because skill can be cultivated very quickly provided you are diligent enough.  

I began on a score of 26% in maths and felt like I was unable to understand most of the course content. However, with considerable effort, I worked my way up to a score of 80% by the time I reached exams, such that maths was my best subject.

I devoted 50% of my free time to learning maths and studied for 12 hours each day in the month before exams.

They did...but I guess its partly my fault because I intentionally avoided higher level mathematics out of fear. I took Geometry one year so I didnt have to go the next level up as quickly. My last class was college algebra which I hardly passed anyways (D).

I did end up devoting an exhausting amount of time attempting to study while still trying to have free time...but...I just sucked so bad still. I hate that I can work so hard, waste time and energy which I can and want to spend elsewhere, only to ge little result.

I think after going in several times I should just know my weakesses, call it quits, and do something else. I dont have the money to keep failing school and Im wasting precious time in life

4 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

You know what I want?

I want purple contact lenses IN MY PRESCRIPTION.

Most of the time I look, they only do the negative prescriptions. And when they do the +'s, they never do my prescription. It's +220 or +230 but NEVER +225.

I want to have cute purple eyes but I also want to be able to see =(

...?

On 8/30/2016 at 7:38 PM, Lemon said:

Psst.
I got these before I needed a phone mic for practicality purposes. But the audio quality on these is fucking great for cheapy buds, and you can customize the in-ear pad size (which is good for me, since I have tiny little ear canals) and they come in a lot of nice colors:
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Headphones-RP-HJE120-K-Comfort-Fit-Compatible/dp/B003EM8008/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473021788&sr=8-1&keywords=panasonic+hje120

They also have a version with a mic that I just ordered, but I'm still waiting for them to get here before I can talk about how they function.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E4LGVUO/ref=psdc_12097478011_t1_B003EM8008

OT:
An USAF dress hat.

tyu7688888.PNG

But they're a little bit expensive after what I've already spent this month on other shit. (This one's $50.)
Maybe next month or something.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vae said:

-snip-
OT:
An USAF dress hat.

tyu7688888.PNG

But they're a little bit expensive after what I've already spent this month on other shit. (This one's $50.)

I can check clothing sales on base for you. I'm sure they must be cheaper there.

OT:

I want a home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vae said:

OT:
An USAF dress hat.

tyu7688888.PNG

But why get Decadent Capitalist Hat when you could have True Hat of Soviet People?

AirOfficer-700x700.jpg

(Coincidentally something I want, though probably an artillery and tank forces cap over an air force one...)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

I can check clothing sales on base for you. I'm sure they must be cheaper there.

If you find something like that picture for cheaper (like in the $20s - 30s range), I could totally paypal you the money.

5 minutes ago, Osrik said:

But why get Decadent Capitalist Hat when you could have True Hat of Soviet People?

AirOfficer-700x700.jpg

(Coincidentally something I want, though probably an artillery and tank forces cap over an air force one...)

Yeah, but I already have an USAF trench.
So I would just end up looking like this:

4530956104553.jpg

Lol.
(Big Boss aside, because who doesn't wanna look like Big Boss.)

Plus I like the USAF one's colorscheme better. Very clean.

14 minutes ago, Vae said:

Yeah, but I already have an USAF trench.
So I would just end up looking like this:

Plus I like the USAF one's colorscheme better. Very clean.

True, that air force hat has quite an unappealing color scheme (which is why I like the army ones more), but if you want bling and shear garishness, you can't beat the Soviets (this is a air force general's cap):

HatgenPilot-700x700.jpg

In other news, I was just looking at surplus, and found a really cool store on Etsy, with many things I want to buy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChevaldeGuerre?ref=condensed_trust_header_title_items

• Like 1

On August 31, 2016 at 3:01 PM, FenrirDarkWolf said:

A

fucking

job

Be a waste collector if you're that desperate.

No seriously it's actually not that bad when you think about. You get up nice and early in the morning while you're still ready to work. You ride in the big rig of bags of trash, collecting the things other people really want to get rid of and you just help make life easier. If you can figure out how to stay good looking and try to not smell bad then it should be fine. The pay isn't the best in the world but it isn't the worst either. There shouldn't be heavy requirements to get started. I hear most people that do it say it isn't bad. Look into it, it might suit you! Don't take this the wrong way I'm not calling you trash. Sorry if this was offensive somehow.

OT: I want my own home with a basement large enough for a lab where I can perform experiments.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

rareform.jpg

I really want a hard copy of this album. Of course, finding a 2009 reissue of an album from a band that is not in the least bit mainstream is no easy task. I noticed it seems to be missing from both ATB's and Sumarian Records' official online stores. Is it even available anymore?