Things That You Want

DrGravitas

Haven't had a new 'things' thread in a while! Instead of dumping links or pics of the you want to buy or wish you could buy in the general chat thread (like I've been doing a lot lately) post them here!

I kinda want this little guy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/260418153/ooak-handmade-polymer-clay-fantasy-green

il_570xN.999144639_hyff.jpg

• Like 1

I want othodontic work. I need a job first so I can pay for it.

I also want a mastopexy, same thing is holding me back. Will be like 6 grand.

I also want a Kylo Ren action figure. This will be the least expensive thing. I'm putting off buying this because it's bigger than all my other action figures and I don't know if I want them offset like that.

15 minutes ago, Moogle said:

Hoping to get one similar to this before winter arrives! 

I have an ushanka myself, all silver-grey with the flaps tied up, and I love it to bits during the winter. I think I even took a selfie in it on one of my luch walks for the selfie thread!  Looks great with my regular office attire ^.^

51 minutes ago, Xaende said:

A vintage Moog synthesizer.

moog2.jpg

Yasssss! My college course on digital music granted me access to a mini-moog. I've never seen the fullsize ones! That thing is awesome!

15 minutes ago, Saxon said:

She sure is perty, Hux. Hi'yuck.

Thanks, I'mma call 'er Bessie. All mah kin gunna love meh. We're gunna smoke weed and shoot at coloured folks. Yes, we are... yes, we are.

If Ah'm lucky Marybelle will let meh take her behind the barn.

• Like 1

8507-2.jpg

A local military antique shop has a Austrian (the one pictured is a Hungarian variant, though there are only minor differences with the grip) cavalry sabre from the Crimean War (1850s). That is one of my main periods of interest as well as one of my countries of interest, and I already have collected a few bayonets, so this would be the centerpiece of my small collection.

It is very reasonably priced and in good condition, but I find it hard to spend a significant amount of money on something that will be almost totally for display, when I will probably get much more direct enjoyment out of a video game that costs 10% of the price.

Beyond that, i mostly want a variety of video and tabletop games.

• Like 1

I'll give you my rampant consumerism:

My hopes and dreams:

-Some land to get in touch with nature on a daily basis and maybe nuture injured wildlife. I think land in new mexico, I would set up small houses for bats and nice areas for coyotes to raise their young when the season is right.

-I wpuld like a small house, I've pretty much designed a small little one of maybe 700 sq ft that would be... my dream house. I could build it myself with about 10k, I don't know if that is realistic because...... I dont think I'll ever have the money for it so I'll probably someday build myself a place for under a ground... no plumbing, running water, or electricity and live in extreme poverty until I die. If I ever get the chance to do so, out there on the desert/plains.... I think I could actually be happy. I think I could actually find peace there. Wash in the creekbed when the water flows, eat light, and enjoy the nature around me.

-Final selfish desire is to have a job in the medical field as much as I coild... something where I cpuld actually help someone.

1 is possible, 2 is likely (building a lean to and living under it, 3 will never happen because I can't even d college much less get in the place where I can help someone.

• Like 1

Lmao *basically posts amazon wishlist*

But things I want and they serve no purpose other than to make me happy?

• Fall Boots in my size from WAlking company, preferably ankle high-calf high. 
  • In ear headphones
  • Tablet, preferably an ipad. Great for giving presentations
  • THIS FUCKING PRINTER. so much I'm gonna offer a crazy art deal to get it bc i can print BADGES
  • Small Desk, Stool, and vanity mirror for my makeup station
  • Desk chair
  • Over ear headphones, preferably M100 VModas in rose gold shields 

I want a lot of things. 

35 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

-Final selfish desire is to have a job in the medical field as much as I coild... something where I cpuld actually help someone.

1 is possible, 2 is likely (building a lean to and living under it, 3 will never happen because I can't even d college much less get in the place where I can help someone.

You don't really need to get a degree to work in the medical field, you could just be a lab assistant like me. It couldn't possibly be that hard to get into, im only a 9th grade high school student and I'm soon to be working with a chemical physicist that I made friends with. Everyone likes an assistant in their work helping to make things easier. Having time worked even as an assistant looks good for getting a job as it shows experience. Even if it's just cleaning out vials and test tubes, someone has to do it.

14 minutes ago, Glowing Glass said:

You don't really need to get a degree to work in the medical field, you could just be a lab assistant like me. It couldn't possibly be that hard to get into, im only a 9th grade high school student and I'm soon to be working with a chemical physicist that I made friends with. Everyone likes an assistant in their work helping to make things easier. Having time worked even as an assistant looks good for getting a job as it shows experience. Even if it's just cleaning out vials and test tubes, someone has to do it.

How would recommend getting into something like psychiatry or just general patient care?

Idk I'm prob too stupid for lab work

12 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

How would recommend getting into something like psychiatry or just general patient care?

Idk I'm prob too stupid for lab work

I've never really looked into psychiatry or general patient care. I'm not sure how it works or what the competition is like.

Im sure almost no one is too stupid for lab work. Just have a little faith in yourself I'm sure you can do it.

• Like 1

tumblr_m0mokmjy4G1qz9plio1_1280.jpg

In the 1980s, the founder of Atari would try his hand at robotics with his startup, Androbot. However, they would go under not long after, with only one model making it into mass production. Topo is a legend of sorts, hard to find and even harder to get working. It has a very 80s aesthetic that I like, and it would be cool to retrofit this robot with more modern electronics. 

• Like 2

I should probably give a "serious" answer.

I want a new computer and set-up since my current one is garbage.

I also want money to travel to certain places to see certain people.

But really what I want is a new place to live, since I've lived in this rundown shithole for over 10 years. There's no room, it looks like crackhouse, and it's literally falling apart (I almost got brained by my kitchen ceiling falling apart which created a literal hole that will never be fixed).

5 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

tumblr_m0mokmjy4G1qz9plio1_1280.jpg

In the 1980s, the founder of Atari would try his hand at robotics with his startup, Androbot. However, they would go under not long after, with only one model making it into mass production. Topo is a legend of sorts, hard to find and even harder to get working. It has a very 80s aesthetic that I like, and it would be cool to retrofit this robot with more modern electronics. 

Holy crap that's awesome looking.

• Like 1

I feel bad I want so much and being ungrateful with what I have while simultaneously being too broke to have it and probably wont have time to devote to some things anyways:

New clothes

Cool hats like caps and beanies

An awesome drawing tablet

art commissions

Lots of big whiteboards

a computer

Video games

A bearded dragon

Dog!

Goats

A bookshelf with all my favorite books collected on it

A good setup to put my feather collection...

I kind of want to collect dog skulls, as weird as it sounds but I know that wont happen (thats an extremely recent idea, like, pretty much yesterday I was fascinated with the variation in dog breed skull shapes)

Chest surgery

Legal name change and maybe sex change

Probably some cosmetic things like skin 

Tattoos, lots of tattoos

Eventually tunnel piercings/plugs to 00G at most

Collecting swords to put up on a wall or mantelpiece

More sketchbooks, prismacolors, copic markers

A longboard

Being able to write/draw a good and cute story and maybe someday tackle these visions in my head

Going to conventions and concerts and meeting friends out of state. 

Meeting favorite webcomic artists.

A decent and stable career in medical and/or working with animals after maybe max two years in college while being able to pay off my collected debts, all while Im still a young adult in my 20s because I want to work and live and not have to be in school

....I will probably get these things in time if the last thing goes over well, but odds are I'll just live on with what I got

1 hour ago, Glowing Glass said:

I've never really looked into psychiatry or general patient care. I'm not sure how it works or what the competition is like.

Im sure almost no one is too stupid for lab work. Just have a little faith in yourself I'm sure you can do it.

My main issue with working in the medical field is...after almost two years of attempting a biology degree (a four year program) I flunked...

I passed biology flawlessly, but when it came to higher maths I couldnt even pass high level algebras, much less the trigonometry and calculus that I hadnt even touched yet. In Chemistry even though I worked hard studying, but that first exam I failed and not wanting to fail like I had done in math, withdrew from the course. Along with home stress I didnt do well in school.

This all made me feel really bad because I really love science but seeing as mathematics was a core fundamental asset to it I felt awful and mourned never being a scientist.

Ive since contented myself with working hands-on experience and if I go back to college Im just going in to be a tech and hoping the mathematical standards arent too high