True Love and fake love

Nova

I read a bit in websites and watched my classmates a bit and noticed two kinds of love.

True love :cares about the personality and the person.

Fake love: Persons only care about appearance (ass, breasts,lip,hair,clothes,makeup) and money and having sex.

Fake love is one of the most disgusting things in the world that hirt so many people.

There are so many great people out there that want to be loved.

In this century, nobody sees love as special .

• Like 3

I separate my attraction to people into different categories.

- Would bone
- interesting personality
- Can get along with for more than 10 minutes
- All of the above, which would be the ideal mate.

Sadly, if I ever find something approaching the last one, it's usually someone already in a relationship. actually, not usually, ALL THE TIME.

Also, I wonder about the difference between love and lust. I have been "in love" with people, but I always wonder if it's because I wanted to screw them and not because I actually loved them in a long term way. Not that I didn't care about them, mind you, but I mean in a "I'd sacrifice myself for this person" way. I think I've only felt that way about maybe 1 or 2 people in my life. And that was ages ago.

• Like 1

Fake Love sucks.  Weaving webs of lies.  I got used once and made that the last time.  I never pretended.  I either really really liked/loved someone or I just wanted to bang the hell out of them.  Ah, the good old one night stand.  Broke a lot of hearts!

People around me often make comments like "Why is he dating her? She's not even attractive!"

And all the while, I'm thinking "Isn't she? She looks fine to me"

I'm quite a sporty guy, so ideally it'd be nice if I could get with someone in shape who enjoys exercise like I do.

But 'attractive' physical features like face, boobs and bum aren't things I care much for. I'd much rather be with someone who enjoys beating me at sports or video games (;

• Like 2

Among those, there are also the relationships that are simply not thought through, and held together simply on the excitement to be with someone, anyone. From what I've seen with many others and personally experienced myself, it's pretty common. They usually don't last too long, though can be hard to get out of as one or both parties may want anything other than being alone, even if that means the relationship they are in is not working or damaging.

Convincing yourself you are in love based on fluttery emotions alone is one of the many types of infatuations I've seen. Things usually become clear once you start to be rational with the relationship you're in / want to be in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

That's one of the good things about online relationships. You fall in love with people due to their personality and character, as opposed to their looks.

As someone who used to be in quite a few online relationships, it's not all great.

Long distance means it's a bit hard to cuddle or fuck. Plus, sexual attraction is a thing too. Sure, you can love the person in other ways, but what if you find out they're physically uninteresting to you when you meet them?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

As someone who used to be in quite a few online relationships, it's not all great.

Long distance means it's a bit hard to cuddle or fuck. Plus, sexual attraction is a thing too.

Not everyone needs to cuddle and fuck to be in love. 

7 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Sure, you can love the person in other ways, but what if you find out they're physically uninteresting to you when you meet them?

Ideally you know how they look before hand, you fucking donut. Like, really? lmao

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Long distance means it's a bit hard to cuddle or fuck. Plus, sexual attraction is a thing too. Sure, you can love the person in other ways, but what if you find out they're physically uninteresting to you when you meet them?

Good thing my qt is mad sexy lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuttButt said:

Being in love is the best. Im moving in with my lady this weekend and ive got butterflys  in my tummy just thinking about it! eeeee, brb, gonna snuggle her <333

Nawww that is so cute Matt - bless 

I do believe that you need some kind of physical attraction to your partner. Looks are not everything this is very true, but a tiny physical attraction should be present. It's only natural. We are animals, and just like animals the first thing we ever do when meeting some one is "see/look" at them. Before words are spoken from the mouth, our eyes look.

Birds will show off their feathers to attract a mate, a lion with a thick healthy mane is more appealing to the lioness, and so on. As humans we have evolved to also look for personality traits, and over time it has become knowledge that personality trumps looks when finding the ideal partner for a long happy courtship and to produce the best offspring.  

However, instinct (for a large % of the global population) is much much stronger than knowledge. Thus most people choose a partner based on looks alone. What we should be doing, is look for only a slight physical attraction (eg: eyes my be your thing, so regardless of what the rest of them looks like, their eyes might be perfect to you) and making sure the personality is perfect for what we want in a partner. Mix the two together. This way, we are satisfying our natural instinct, and our knoweldge for a successful long lasting commitment and strong offspring - thus you should get what is known in our species as true love. 

• Like 1

I know I've found the perfect guy for me... it's funny. You just suddenly know that it's true love and that everything that you "thought" was love wasn't. You truly do love them not on just a lovey dovey shallow level but truly do enjoy the person and can see yourself spending the rest of you life with them.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2016 at 3:40 PM, Nova said:

I read a bit in websites and watched my classmates a bit and noticed two kinds of love.

you... watch your classmates who are dating, in whatever capacity you do... and based on what you see you make the decision for them whether their love is real or not?

Do you not see this as creepy behaviour on your part?

15 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

you... watch your classmates who are dating, in whatever capacity you do... and based on what you see you make the decision for them whether their love is real or not?

004aed7a18f2be95676572fa9e300ccd.png

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

Nope

We have two boys in our class that are more list than true love.

They always upload videos of sending walls of "i love you text" to girls that they only know for 1 day.

They have so much lust that these boxs even sexually harrased a girl from my class when we were on a sportweek.

They literrally tried to kiss and have sex with her.

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Nope

We have two boys in our class that are more list than true love.

They always upload videos of sending walls of "i love you text" to girls that they only know for 1 day.

They have so much lust that these boxs even sexually harrased a girl from my class when we were on a sportweek.

They literrally tried to kiss and have sex with her.

aww geez thats awful

2 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

Why is it creepy? Where's the line between observing and stalking?

If he was following them around for this information then yeah but if he was people watching thats fairly normal

On 9/16/2016 at 4:14 PM, DrDingo said:

People around me often make comments like "Why is he dating her? She's not even attractive!"

One of th worst things, my response would be "Maybe because he likes her as a person and sees more in her than you do?" I mean one of the things that pisses me off about people is them judging two people for dating, especially based on attractiveness, just let people be happy ffs

• Like 2

On 9/16/2016 at 11:40 PM, GemWolf said:

[snup]

I agree to that extent, yeah. Having an attractive partner is nice. With me Im pretty open minded and I find a lot of people some would think to be unnattractive to be attractive because they have attractive qualities, added with their personality. On the other end of the scale there are ridiculously attractive people out there that do nothing for me because its just so typical...add them having a boting, bland, or ass personality and thats a turn off

looks might be -some- things, but certainly not everything

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eggdodger said:

The best relationships come from friendships for me, personally. You already know you have a lot in common with the added benefit of mutual attraction.

b-buh mah friendzone ;_;

But for real though, me and @Joel started out as really close friends. I dunno how comfortable he would be with me talking about specific details or anything, but suffice to say we went through some stuff together, started to bond more closely and then...y'know.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

b-buh mah friendzone ;_;

But for real though, me and @Joel started out as really close friends. I dunno how comfortable he would be with me talking about specific details or anything, but suffice to say we went through some stuff together, started to bond more closely and then...y'know.

Nobody will ever love you as much as I do Pastry Kun. 

21 hours ago, Socketosis said:

Yeah, same. Or in my case, asexual and aromantic.

Sounds awful and funny at the same time xD

As for me I'd look for a good long going friendship that then resulted in love. To me setting the expectation of the bat of a relationship really starts it off wrong. Also personally I find it very strange/crazy that most guys I knew in high school focus so soon on how fuckable a girl was as opposed to having something great and unique about her personality which is my view.

On 9/16/2016 at 11:20 PM, Falaffel said:

Not everyone needs to cuddle and fuck to be in love. 

Ideally you know how they look before hand, you fucking donut. Like, really? lmao

You don't need to fuck to be in love, but eventually, unless it's purely a romantic relationship (between two asexuals?), you're gonna want to screw eventually.

Plus, with the second line, people can and HAVE posted fake pictures of themselves online. I mean, if you're careful, and skype or something beforehand you're probably okay (it's pretty hard to fake a skype). But anyone could post a fake picture of themselves.

Like I said I've been in long distance relationships, and trust me, eventually we were pretty desperate to bone the crap out of each other. The relationship was sometimes more than just that, if it was serious, but there was still the sexual attraction.

51 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Plus, with the second line, people can and HAVE posted fake pictures of themselves online. I mean, if you're careful, and skype or something beforehand you're probably okay (it's pretty hard to fake a skype). But anyone could post a fake picture of themselves.

Don't date weirdos :v

Also, I'm not even going to begin to debate the sexual stuff. Everyone is different in that regard.