General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

1 hour ago, Sir Gibby said:

are you trying to imply hitler did nothing wrong

No, Duterte did.

1 hour ago, Sir Gibby said:

or would you like me to show you videos of what drug lords do to their victims

Duterte didn't mention drug lords; he mentioned addicts. When he was talking about addicts, he - intentionally or not - compared his problems with them to Hitler's problems with Jews and proclaimed, "I'd be happy to slaughter them."

He literally said that on the anniversary of the massacres at Babi Yar. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

No, Duterte did.

Duterte didn't mention drug lords; he mentioned addicts. When he was talking about addicts, he - intentionally or not - compared his problems with them to Hitler's problems with Jews and proclaimed, "I'd be happy to slaughter them."

STOP POSTING UR PROPOGANDA WESTERN MARS BARS DRUG ADDICT DUTERTE IS A HERO11!!1

#FILIPINOPRIDE

7 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

No, Duterte did.

i guess the next couple of years are gonna be really interesting to put it mildly

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

No, Duterte did.

I'm guessing his logic is that getting rid of addicts would diminish the drug black market substantially?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Socketosis said:

I'm guessing his logic is that getting rid of addicts would diminish the drug black market substantially?

It would help him to mention that if that is the case. It seems, though, he's trying to walk a middle ground between the nation's social conservatism and the nation's communists. 

The conservatives see drug use itself as a moral wrong, and they seek to end drug use completely. The communists see the exploitation inherent in drug sales as the moral wrong, and they seek to end the sale of drugs completely. If he angers the nation's conservatives, his party stands to loose power. If he angers the communists, he may see worsening rebellion.

The solution is obviously to just kill everybody, and Duterte gets this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hux said:

Rodrigo Duterte did nothing wrong.

He's doing very much wrong things, such as rounding up totally unrelated people, and having criminals, petty and otherwise, killed on the spot.  He's even declared what amounts to marshal law and is toying with formally suspending the Great Writ.

It is vital that you don't replace one bad thing with another. Considering what is becoming of Phillipino society, and what usually happens when government is used this way, things are going to get much worse than they gave been. 

24 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

He's doing very much wrong things, such as rounding up totally unrelated people, and having criminals, petty and otherwise, killed on the spot.  He's even declared what amounts to marshal law and is toying with formally suspending the Great Writ.

It is vital that you don't replace one bad thing with another. Considering what is becoming of Phillipino society, and what usually happens when government is used this way, things are going to get much worse than they gave been. 

I wholeheartedly agree. I actually think Duterte is a monster.

I was just trying to make a meme with my first post. Adieu!

39 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

I'm a scalie and I resent that you furries don't respect my cultural identity.

But, all things considered, you're pretty swell for a mutt from hell.

If somebody brandishes a fish scaler at a scalie, do they they take that as a display of lethal force? :V

(Not sure if ya know the sort, but growing up I did a ton of fishing, and would scale/eat a lot of fish, and use one of those metal, rasp like scalers, out on the dock, then, throw the guts back, so the turtles could eat 'em...ate a lot of bass, trout, panfish. I tend to prefer freshwater fish from lakes and rivers, best.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

I would be terrified anyway.

Aw, don't worry! You're far too nice to scale. Plus, from posts I've noted, you read things like actual literature...so you'd be about the last scaley I'd scale. Even if I was trapped in a mountain pass, and starving in a brutal winter, I doubt I could.

• Like 1

I just signed up the the Athletics club at my uni. So this morning I went to the place to give it a go and see what it was like

Only when I got there did I find out we were running 10 miles over the course of an hour and a quarter

For the record, I did it and kept pace with the group. But jeeez, they don't fuck about. They're all amazing at it.

• Like 2

I finally finished deep-cleaning my super-fancy mechanical keyboard after like 3 hours (not counting overnight drying and soaking the keys in denture tab water) of shaking, washing, finger pinching and somewhere around like 30 q-tips.

Now to hope I never let it get that bad aga- loljk I'm gonna have to do this shit like 6 months from now or something lmao.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I finally finished deep-cleaning my super-fancy mechanical keyboard after like 3 hours (not counting overnight drying and soaking the keys in denture tab water) of shaking, washing, finger pinching and somewhere around like 30 q-tips.

Now to hope I never let it get that bad aga- loljk I'm gonna have to do this shit like 6 months from now or something lmao.

If only there was some kind of deep key cleansing strip you could put on your keyboard and then peel off to get rid of all the deep down dirt.

Of course someone will tell you that this will enlarge your keys and cause problems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I usually just blast mine with compressed air and swab the keys as best I can. I'm actually a bit afraid to pull the keycaps off of this since it was a $200 (a gift, but still it was expensive) tacky "gamer" keyboard because I like that style a lot for all the shit it gets. The last time I pulled the keycaps off, some of the keys didn't want to snap back on.

If I had a Corsair K70, it wouldn't be an issue since the keys are like raised up off the board and easy to pick off/clean. 

Now cleaning my TOWER? Hoo boy. Shit is like surgery.

18 minutes ago, Vitaly said:

Cleaning keyboards is too long and boring work, buy cheap keyboard and when it gets dirty just throw it out and buy new.

I'd rather make the effort to take care of a nice, mechanical keyboard then force myself to use some shitty stock keyboard from Wal-Mart.

Besides, once you buy enough keyboards you would have spent the same amount of money you would have if you just bought a fancy mechanical one.

7 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I usually just blast mine with compressed air and swab the keys as best I can. I'm actually a bit afraid to pull the keycaps off of this since it was a $200 (a gift, but still it was expensive) tacky "gamer" keyboard because I like that style a lot for all the shit it gets. The last time I pulled the keycaps off, some of the keys didn't want to snap back on.

If I had a Corsair K70, it wouldn't be an issue since the keys are like raised up off the board and easy to pick off/clean.

I have a Razer Blackwidow which is designed to be super easy to disassemble.

The inside was caked with god knows what and the keycaps themselves were all grody and bleh, so compressed air wouldn't have really accomplished much (also I don't have any lol)..

6 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I am on the Twiiter-thing now. Apparently somebody already has drgravitas, so I nabbed DoctorGravitas

I tried it once, but could not figure out how it worked, or what to 'do'...maybe I'll have to send you a PM, and see if you can explain...I'm very slow when it comes to some of these kinds of things. I think I may be the last furry who has never had a smart phone. And yet I feel I might be good at tweeting my many insightful witticisms.

10 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I tried it once, but could not figure out how it worked, or what to 'do'...maybe I'll have to send you a PM, and see if you can explain...I'm very slow when it comes to some of these kinds of things. I think I may be the last furry who has never had a smart phone. And yet I feel I might be good at tweeting my many insightful witticisms.

You use it to post pictures of your butt.

• Like 3

Twitter is about to be flooded by confused old men flashing their asses.

You guys should all get together and raid Twitter with ur butts. I'd join you, but I am neither confused nor an old man. Also I'm a dog and have dog butt.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Urgh, I want  this day to end so I can go home and take a nap

Curl up with a movie and blanket.

Is it weird I am inexplicably cheered up by youtube videos where people test ammunition, rifle calibers and stuff?

I mean, I'm learning stuff and that feels good, and I've always though firearms were pretty cool, how they work and stuff.

But then again my typically not great day is cheered up by watching people shoot guns and it just feels a bit off.

• Like 2

• Vae pinned this topic