General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

Don't know if it's being broadcast in the US, but Gordon Ramsay has a new cooking show, and it's kinda disappointing to see him so docile. He's one of my favourite celebrities but I miss when he'd explode with rage on Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares.

24 minutes ago, Xaende said:

The awkwardness when someone watches you on FA and you'd otherwise watch them back because they have talent, but their gallery is full of MLP stuff and I'm not into that.

Why's it awkward? You're not obligated to follow anyone but who you want, and they're probably not following you just for a follow back. And if they are, then they're not worth your time anyways :v

• Like 4

Phew, busy times at the library, as the semester winds down, and students realize it's time to get really, really serious!

That, and I have a few very nice RPs going, finally, with some talented writers, who can also get kinda frisky, so I've been happy to have gotten back into this more 'fun' side of the fandom, after a dry spell. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I know I'm complaining a bit and this problems is probably one of the dumbest, but damn I wish I hadn't broken that tablet.

It's not so much that it's broken but that I broke it in such a stupid way. I even thought about turning on the light beforehand but decided against it.

And now I keep thinking "oh I'll just do it on my tablet- oh wait."

And for the past, 2 years? I've slept while listening to music. Now it's just dead silent. 2 years of music or videos in the background, and now, nothing. I could use my phone but I can't afford to hurt the battery on that by using it like that. And I forgot to set something as an alarm so I barely got to school today.

It's just so weird without it.

that fuckn sucks dude 

id be beside myself

5 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

That, and I have a few very nice RPs going, finally, with some talented writers, who can also get kinda frisky, so I've been happy to have gotten back into this more 'fun' side of the fandom, after a dry spell. 

oh dear.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2017 at 4:31 PM, DrGravitas said:

Thank goodness, another new-process procedures revision meeting!

A brief respite from preparing this titanic presentation @_@ 

Have you considered checking out one of those DIY repair sites/youtube vids? I hear they're really good at getting precise instructions, sometimes down to the specific make and model. Maybe you can fix it yourself!

The screen is borked to an impressive degree. I should take up kickboxing, because my knees appear to be WMDs. While a small crack, the entire display appears to have been damaged, and pixels have bled everywhere.
Perhaps it'd benefit me to sleep without music, though from trying it out before, nothing seems to change in demanour or mood.

Good luck with your presentation.

• Like 1

The Company has asked me to travel to our new client in order to give my big, all-day presentation/training in person instead of remotely.

I would likely travel the day before, then give the presentation and travel back the next day, though it's negotiable. I could travel back the next day and only have to be in the office half-a-day, for example. And, of course, travel expenses will be reimbursed, eventually. Eugh, I'm going to have to use the corporate travel booking web portal >_<

Show of hands, who's surprised? :v (And not a single hand was raised that day...)

2 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

The screen is borked to an impressive degree. I should take up kickboxing, because my knees appear to be WMDs. While a small crack, the entire display appears to have been damaged, and pixels have bled everywhere.
Perhaps it'd benefit me to sleep without music, though from trying it out before, nothing seems to change in demanour or mood.

Good luck with your presentation.

There are some models they have repairs for entirely replacing the LCD screen! It'll probably be difficult, but it might be fun to try.

And thanks! I'm sure the presentation will go fine.

• Like 1

Due to a court order, I am throwing away my sexual predator tendencies and embracing my new persona, the resident safety turtle. My role as safety turtle is to ensure everyone feels safe and is having a good time. I hope all of you have a nice day!

13 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Due to a court order, I am throwing away my sexual predator tendencies and embracing my new persona, the resident safety turtle. My role as safety turtle is to ensure everyone feels safe and is having a good time. I hope all of you have a nice day!

This turtle makes me uncomfortable. I need an adult!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, SirRob said:

what happens if I flip you on your back?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

what happens if I flip you on your back?

I will help you flip me over, and thank you for the friendly interaction! And I will continue to help people, albeit upside-down. And with my good deeds, I know a good citizen will help me back on my feet.

5 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

This turtle makes me uncomfortable. I need an adult!

I am sorry to hear about that, is there anything I can do to ease your discomfort? Even if it means staying away from you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirRob said:

I can't stop laughing at that facial expression, it's priceless. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SirRob said:

I'd feel safer if that turtle plushie took a one way trip to the center of the sun.

3 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I talk to some people like Toshabi and it makes me realize that I don't know donkey dick about this fandom. lmao
Not that I care, but it's kinda crazy how out of the loop I am about it despite being in it for about 7 years now. 

You aren't alone. I've been in the fandom around 3 years or so now, but I'm so apathetic about my being in it, I wouldn't even really be considered a 'furry' by most.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SirRob said:

Don't trust the turtle. It touched me in a bad place.

If anyone wanted to know why bricks domino twice:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I talk to some people like Toshabi and it makes me realize that I don't know donkey dick about this fandom. lmao
Not that I care, but it's kinda crazy how out of the loop I am about it despite being in it for about 7 years now. 

I've been hovering around the fandom for about 17 years now, and possibly know less about it than either of you. Although I'm aware of the "official" 1970s-80s history, and can rattle off a few big names, I also know that anthropomorphic animals predate us all by at least tens of thousands of years. If I were to guess, I'd say furries have been around as long as humans. So yeah, I don't care about being out of the loop either. Staying in the loop would involve keeping track of drama that's going to be irrelevant in a few months anyway.

Supervisor Review: Looks fine, but what's with all the color? I don't get it.

Team Lead Review: Why is it so colorful?

QA Manager: I liked your color coding as a visual way of organizing and remembering it all!

Me: B3

8 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

What are you a good looking 30+ year old? lmao

H-Hey! That's not so hard to believe, is it? ):

• Like 1

i keep thinking things that aren't people, are people

see somebody's coat draped over a shopping cart, "wtf is that person doing laying in a cart"

hear random noise, "who's talking to me?!"

being terrified every time i walk past that stupid cardboard cutout of a woman talking about getting your flu vaccines, because "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STANDING THERE"

and similar such things all day.

then there was the time a couple weeks ago when i thought a cart in the backroom was a park bench for some reason, which led me to very briefly believe i was in a mall.  which makes no sense because malls don't even have park benches.  not inside, anyway. 

i could also swear i saw a bird flying in the store, but that one is actually possible.

am i losing it

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gator said:

i keep thinking things that aren't people, are people

see somebody's coat draped over a shopping cart, "wtf is that person doing laying in a cart"

hear random noise, "who's talking to me?!"

being terrified every time i walk past that stupid cardboard cutout of a woman talking about getting your flu vaccines, because "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STANDING THERE"

and similar such things all day.

then there was the time a couple weeks ago when i thought a cart in the backroom was a park bench for some reason, which led me to very briefly believe i was in a mall.  which makes no sense because malls don't even have park benches.  not inside, anyway. 

i could also swear i saw a bird flying in the store, but that one is actually possible.

am i losing it

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 5:52 PM, Tsuujou said:

Quality YouTube content. Harassing and beating your kid.

Those guys look so fucking typical blue collar white trash Trump lovers. Seriously. Pranks are one thing but he seems to go too far way too many times. Like playing a prank but when the kids are in tears and screaming in terror immediately stopping and telling them it was a prank and you love them. You don't keep the prank going on while you scream your head off at them.

Ffffffff

Now I remember another reason why I kept my tablet nearby. So I didn't have to come all the way downstairs to calm down.

On the brightside, got the quote of about $100 CAN for the screen, which will probably be taken care of soon.

Until then, 3 hours of sleep followed by random shit to relax!

Okay, so figured a short walk without socks on wouldn't be bad, was just a go around the block and then to the convenience store. Had no socks because laundry day.

Barely feel any pain even by the end, assumed just a super minor blister.

Pull off shoe and find blood everywhere and bits of shoe stuck on my foot.

I give up

• Vae pinned this topic