General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

I'm not surprised that the NHS has gotten massively screwed over with ransomware recently.

This is why we don't use XP anymore or run medical equipment and safety critical stuff on windows. Doctors are resorting to using their own phones and nobody can get X-rays or the like done because there are no PCs working for viewing those special DICOM files on.

• Like 1

so my friend was playing King of Fighters '95 and he was fighting Team Fatal Fury in Italy... and I noticed this hilarious motherfucker in the background, so I got a sprite rip of the background and cut him out.

pxZFsU3.gif

LOOK AT HIM GO

• Like 7

Visited a woodland tourist attraction today in the Forest of Dean, (shoutout to you if you live near there like me), and they advertised they had highland cattle in a farm just outside of the forest. Turns out the highland cattle weren't around today! The sign said for sustainability they occasionally move the animals around the farm, but they weren't anywhere to be seen! So disappointing! :(

2 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I may have gotten a job at a dollar store

Hope it works out! Also, I will pay more than $1 for you.

~

My house-mate is suddenly fixated and fascinated by the idea of hiking the Appalachian trail, which I also think would be amazing. Or, well, part of it, given it'd be hard to take that much time off. But he's looking into packs, tents, and such, and we may sell some stuff to try and do some overnight hikes. I think this is a great idea, as I'd love to get out of the city. )Though I don't drive (eyes), he could rent a car.)

I'm noticing a pretty decent resurgence in anthro games over the last few years. Seems like a new one is in the works or released every few quarters these days. But I'd love less foxes and cats and shit and more games with not generic species like Yooka Laylee and KeroBlaster. Or the lizard girl in Ever Oasis that isn't the main character because Grezzo a shit. :C

37 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Thought your colleagues were dicks?

Oh, no! My colleagues are all fine folks! A little bit crazy, but good to work with. Same for the client. Even The Bureaucrat's a pretty good guy; he can be a pain, but he's only doing his job. Plus, when it really counts, he's just as good at cutting through the red tape for me as he is at tying me up in it xD

40 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Oh, no! My colleagues are all fine folks! A little bit crazy, but good to work with. Same for the client. Even The Bureaucrat's a pretty good guy; he can be a pain, but he's only doing his job. Plus, when it really counts, he's just as good at cutting through the red tape for me as he is at tying me up in it xD

Lemme translate this into furry-speak:

Murr! I love my furreinds ^_^! Espurrrcially the Big Dog! He's a bit wild, but he loves to tie me up ;)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

I'm noticing a pretty decent resurgence in anthro games over the last few years. Seems like a new one is in the works or released every few quarters these days. But I'd love less foxes and cats and shit and more games with not generic species like Yooka Laylee and KeroBlaster. Or the lizard girl in Ever Oasis that isn't the main character because Grezzo a shit. :C

I'd like to make a RPG-y game with anthros at some point.

But my art-style/skill, sadly, doesn't really lend to much beyond mammals and dragons and lizard whatevers.

11 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I'd like to make a RPG-y game with anthros at some point.

But my art-style/skill, sadly, doesn't really lend to much beyond mammals and dragons and lizard whatevers.

We need more insects honestly. 

Just finished my first year at uni. Moving out was kinda surreal as I was thinking about how 6 months ago I was homesick as fuck and wanted nothing more than to go home - so it's weird reflecting on the mental and emotional growth since then. As for moving out of my house, I'm sorta glad to be away from it all. I loved my housemates, but they were messy af - our house was gross pretty much 24/7

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

We need more insects honestly. 

Hmmm, insectoids would probably make good war mook enemies.

11 minutes ago, Wax said:

Just finished my first year at uni. Moving out was kinda surreal as I was thinking about how 6 months ago I was homesick as fuck and wanted nothing more than to go home - so it's weird reflecting on the mental and emotional growth since then. As for moving out of my house, I'm sorta glad to be away from it all. I loved my housemates, but they were messy af - our house was gross pretty much 24/7

I understand that feeling 0:
I felt more-or-less the same way after my first year at uni, without the messy roommates. But I did have LOUD roommates (technically they were more like bathroommates, because we shared a small bathroom and shower, but not rooms).

• Like 1

I was wandering google images looking for various circuits using 555 timers for various things (it has way more uses beyond timing stuff) and it turns out plush ones are a thing.

20130714_073915.jpg

Apparently on adafruit where you can get one he is called Hans.

• Like 5

i need to lower carbs but i don't want to give up macaroni and cheese because it is literally my lifeblood

i know cauliflower macaroni is a thing, but after trying cauliflower "mashed potatoes" and finding them to still taste like cauliflower, i ain't so sure.  *squint*  also cauliflower gives me diarrhea, as do most things in life.

...maybe i should try it with zoodles.

12 minutes ago, Gator said:

i need to lower carbs but i don't want to give up macaroni and cheese because it is literally my lifeblood

i know cauliflower macaroni is a thing, but after trying cauliflower "mashed potatoes" and finding them to still taste like cauliflower, i ain't so sure.  *squint*  also cauliflower gives me diarrhea, as do most things in life.

...maybe i should try it with zoodles.

Zoodles are so sick, I can't get enough of em!

I'm definitely in a minority here, but I absolutely hate cauliflower with cheesy things like mac'n'cheese or whatever. But I do like cauliflower in other things!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wax said:

Zoodles are so sick, I can't get enough of em!

I'm definitely in a minority here, but I absolutely hate cauliflower with cheesy things like mac'n'cheese or whatever. But I do like cauliflower in other things!

cauliflower has like, a sweetness to it.  i've only ever been able to enjoy it plain, pretty much.  the "mashed potato" wasn't bad, but it kinda just made me want real mashed potato instead. 

but no issue with the zoodles so far; i put spaghetti sauce on them the other day and tbh wouldn't have even noticed they weren't spaghetti if i hadn't accidentally overcooked them a little.  these will probably be a better bet than cauliflower..

• Like 1

Just saw a screenshot of that Wannacry ransomware thing... it literally says "OOOOPS, YOUR FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED" across the top, as if it were as minor as knocking over a glass of water. Fucking smartasses lmao

• Like 1

RIP Texas Panhandle

Screenshot_2017-05-16-17-52-56.thumb.png.6e80fe40934ed7ec327f0f8c50c69a6c.png

I have literally never seen "high" probability (the top level of their scale) issued until now.

I also have never seen them specifically label a weather posting as "PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION" until now.

Press F to pay respects.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [null] said:

So it's half 1 in the morning and i just spent the last two hours walking shirtless along a deserted beach in the rain while listening to industrial metal. I feel manly Phoenixed, i feel very manly.

this literally sounds like the most pleasant thing i can think of

• Like 1

There's a little sample pack of incense sticks in this nag champa box, and they're the closest thing I've ever had to sticks that smell like campfire.
Really wish I had more of them.

• Like 1

• Vae pinned this topic