How do you emotion?

Vallium

Im sure you are all asking the same question, albeit in different ways.

For me, my emotions cycle through worse and better.

Today, I had an awful day. This morning someone said an awful thing I didnt like, I had to go to a class I didnt feel like going to today, I spent my time procrastinating here instead of studying because I lack motivation, and I parked my car way to far away.

Its weird though, I feel fine. Absolutely content, blissful even, I have no feeling of negativity, mostly just awareness that all those things suck and in another day would bring me down. (Some days Im hyper, enthusiastic, and overly weird)

I know I should be feeling awful too, but Im not. If I was, it would drive me to do better and impulsively drive me to study and pass instead of this lazy contented feeling of doing nothing and not improving.

and occassionally its just straight up apathy and indifference. No good. No bad.

I know whats going to happen. The next day when I do awful or something bad happens its all going to crash down on me in a fit of angst and depressiveness that I may or may not take out on others if Im not careful.

So yeah, cyclical positive and negative emotions.

What are your emotional experiences?

• Like 3

I dunno really. I'm always pretty happy, probably because I guess I haven't really got much to worry about right now beyond exams/school stuff. Even when in my head I'm feeling negative or downbeat or whatever I always act outwardly happy and upbeat for some reason - not on purpose, I just can't find it in me to act in a negative way. I'm good at blindly keeping a positive mindset without trying when I've got a tonne of shit I should be tearing my hair out over, which I guess is good because it means I'm not getting stressed the hell out but at the same time maybe it's because I'm subconsciously denying it/procrastinating on sorting it out? Like I said I dunno. Generally I'm pretty happy, even when mentally I'm not/shouldn't be. Like some weird doublethink thing.

I know this sounds really fucking pretentious/stupid/over-thought but that's the only way I can describe it.

• Like 3

Sometimes, you hit rock bottom. But the ground collapses and you fall even further, so when you finally climb out of that hole, and you fall back in, it doesn't affect you as much because you know there's a fuck-ton more underneath the "bottom" of rock bottom. More shit. More hurt. More awful emotions. At first you try to walk away, but it always sucks you back in, and the further you get from it, when you think "Now I'm safe", the worse it is. So instead you build a house around the hole. And slowly you begin to learn to deal with it, with the whole falling-in and climbing out. It becomes routine, and there's a certain safety in knowing just how far you can fall.

Of course, then someone throws a ball through your roof window and you decide to redecorate their face a bit because, y'know, you really liked that window. But that's what happens. You've learned to climb, but sometimes you lose your footing. 

I dunno really. I'm always pretty happy, probably because I guess I haven't really got much to worry about right now beyond exams/school stuff. Even when in my head I'm feeling negative or downbeat or whatever I always act outwardly happy and upbeat for some reason - not on purpose, I just can't find it in me to act in a negative way. I'm good at blindly keeping a positive mindset without trying when I've got a tonne of shit I should be tearing my hair out over, which I guess is good because it means I'm not getting stressed the hell out but at the same time maybe it's because I'm subconsciously denying it/procrastinating on sorting it out? Like I said I dunno. Generally I'm pretty happy, even when mentally I'm not/shouldn't be. Like some weird doublethink thing.

I know this sounds really fucking pretentious/stupid/over-thought but that's the only way I can describe it.

Im totally like this xD

I always have happy thoughts. Hard to believe but it does happen to people.

• Like 1

i tend to feel either neutral or stressed and overwhelmed most of the time.  sometimes i get mad, but it doesn't last long.  almost never feel sad, don't get emotionally hurt at all really.  i'm not easily excited, but it's easy to make me laugh even so i don't necessarily feel happy even when i'm in a good mood. 

I'm almost always happy and mellow!

Life is swell. Why should I be sad that I'm able to experience something so wonderful? Sure, life can suck at times, and everyone gets sad or angry... But there's so much good in the world, that I find easy keep my eyes on that beautiful horizon ;D

Not a lot of people get a chance at life - and I'd like to make the most of this chance that I've been given!

• Like 2

Not a lot of people get a chance at life - and I'd like to make the most of this chance that I've been given!

Even more potent coming from a ghost otter. Your love of life persists after death.

I've been through so many episodes of anxiety over the years I think it's literally aged me. After a while I think I've just gotten to the point where I'm gonna solve problems as they happen, and not worry about them before. And if I have a bad day, it sticks with me for a while, but after a few more it doesn't matter anymore. Just gotta keep that in mind,

I'd say I'm a generally-cheerful person who'll occasionally go through periods of intense, sometimes suicidal depression. Often, the depression will be brought on by a disappointing or upsetting event, but sometimes, it'll just descend for a few days for reasons unknown.

As a youngster, my two main emotional settings were happy and angry. As I got older, I got in touch with the sadness, despair, and loneliness that were actually fueling much of my rage. I'm still not a big crier, but I'm much more at peace with crying than I used to be, certainly, and I think that's helped me to become more balanced and at peace.

Interestingly, I think I'm actually funnier when I'm angry or depressed, or when I'm beginning that downward spiral towards depression--but, the humor typically takes on a morbid and cynical hue that makes some folks uneasy, as you might expect.

• Like 1

I'm always somewhere between indifferent and mildly happy. At times I might feel a bit stressed out or annoyed but I practically never get pissed off or sad or anything like that.

My existence is one of steady contentment interspersed by fleeting moments of drunken ecstasy.