The Mugshots and Selfie Thread 2.0

Joshi

2 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

In the full dingo spirit of experimentation, I was encouraged to conduct a sort of.. investigation. In which I would grow out my face hair for 4 weeks and see what happens.

Thoughts, people? Save or shave? Is it.. good?

I think works. Keep it and see where it goes; how people react to it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Keep it. I think it makes you look better

And yes, it's pretty good, I ike it

1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

In the full dingo spirit of experimentation, I was encouraged to conduct a sort of.. investigation. In which I would grow out my face hair for 4 weeks and see what happens. This is the result

I personally don't find men attractive and I don't like facial hair. 

So I'm not a good judge of this. 

But if you've been getting good reactions from it you should keep it for a while. 

I think it makes you look more like a very intelligent super villain. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DrDingo said:

I admit that I am not fond of facial hair, but it seems to work for you. I'd you like grow it out a tad more. Makes you look a bit older. Without it you look a little like a young Charles Dierkop.

• Like 1

On 2016-08-14 at 6:12 PM, evan said:

a recent picture o:

13902658_10100421402583832_2141703581371

lmao what garbage dump of a city is this you're in

On 2016-08-15 at 1:58 AM, MuttButt said:

your hair is extra magnificent, as usual

kWM4DNk.jpg

everybody be jelly of my awesome doggie hood

i know you hear this all the time on discord but you are beautiful matty

15 minutes ago, Luca said:

I poked myself in the face with a knife while chopping stuff dinner. I took this pic for the joke I'm an animu protag but it's not half bad.

20160811_011803.jpg

hi petey

7 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

The cute grocery-store cashier girl said she liked my fox shirt :3

20160820_134812B.png

(No, I was not wearing those pants at the time; I was wearing jeans. Yes, I know my smile is lame in this pic. The seatbelt is responsible for the odd wrinkling. Yes, I know the mirror is dirty.)

I can see your toilet brush.

Eww...

Also you need to change the toilet roll. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pignog said:

someone on discord requested a pic earlier. here i am leading my exciting life

you look just like in my dreams

what is in your basket

also put some shoes on if you're going to the laundromat, those places are shady and you might step on something unsavoury.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zerig said:

you look just like in my dreams

what is in your basket

also put some shoes on if you're going to the laundromat, those places are shady and you might step on something unsavoury.

thank u zerig you always know how to lift my spirits. the laundry machines are just below my apartment so i never wear shoes.

6 hours ago, AzraelRhincon said:

Is that a plushie Turtle in the basket? it looks a lil like one!

unfortunately it is bounce laundry detergent. i got it on sale while hunting for discount pie!

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

How do I get involved in the cis het normie lifestyle? 

Is there a magazine I can subscribe to? 

file an application with the government of Ontario, takes a while but once you're approved you get certain privileges

• Like 3

Well, might as well share the one good picture I have recently.  I was babysitting my brother's conure and she was honestly so confused by it that she sat like this for ten minutes, just staring at me.

Snapshot_20160821_1.JPG

Also, my hair WAS navy blue.  I have no idea where that pink and lavender came from.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Senpai-Fish said:

Well, might as well share the one good picture I have recently.  I was babysitting my brother's conure and she was honestly so confused by it that she sat like this for ten minutes, just staring at me.

Snapshot_20160821_1.JPG

Also, my hair WAS navy blue.  I have no idea where that pink and lavender came from.

Your hair literally was the same color as mine, and is currently doing the same thing as mine.

4 minutes ago, 6tails said:

It's so hard to find a truly permanent dye that stays in my hair and doesn't fade. That's why I gave up on coloring it years ago.

I tried once and it turn the colour of your hair and ended up looking completely awful. Never again will I let dye touch my hair.

4 hours ago, Senpai-Fish said:

People honestly thought it was done on purpose.  Nice to know I'm not the only one with accidental pastels xD

Yeah no, people usually ask me "how (I) got all those pastel colors."

And I'm just like "Thanks, but it's just been fading for like 5 months." Lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Well, generally you need to do some sort of bleaching if you've got dark hair. Blondes and redheads don't have half this issue.

The best thing to do is to bleach it until its almost white.  That is the trickiest part and I don't recommend doing it yourself if you can help it.  And always check your dye brands, because some are semi-permanent instead of permanent and others are better quality.

Also, you won't find a dye that doesn't wash out eventually.  The best way to prolong the colors is, if your hair is single-colored, mixing a little dye into your conditioner regime and leaving it in for a few minutes.  Also, try to use lukewarm water for washing your hair as opposed to hot, as the cooler water won't make it rinse out as much.

Remember, results may vary depending on your color of choice.

Yeah, regardless of your base hair color (unless you're naturally platinum, I guess), you need to bleach it white before you even want to attempt blue.
Blue is countered by any amount of brassiness in hair (because orange is complementary to blue) and if you attempt, you're usually gonna just end up with gray, green, or something that's not gonna show up period.

Even on my natural color, which is a dirty blonde, I still have to bleach it white, first.

They sell like bleaching powders and developer at Sally's with blue toner already in them. I usually do a few applications of that, and then put the dye on top of my dry, damaged hair (without any conditioners applied yet) because pigment sticks to damaged hair really well. Probably the best opportunity you're gonna get, period, because it's stripped of all its natural protective oils and defenses.

I just use Splat which, while it bleeds and stains shit like no one's business for the first few weeks - month, lasts for like 4 - 5 months (which is the same as you can expect "permanent" hair dyes to last in general, unless your hair is shittastic at growing, or you somehow learn to alter your genetics).

And then I use a color-protection masque (which is another thing I just pick up at Sallys) for the first condition, and a good deep conditioner for next month or so going forward until the hair starts oiling itself up on its own better.

Purple shampoos and conditioners are also made specifically with this purpose in mind, and I usually get one of those made for "silver" hair just to preserve the color even more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JegoLego said:

Went shopping today~

EDIT: the first shirt is camo btw, you just can't see it

Isn't that the whole point?

6 hours ago, Caledonian said:

It's too warm for this attire!! But it feels good to wear it again...

Looking good!

9 hours ago, Jerry said:

I totally don't look like a nerd on this one:

Nerd!