My 2 yr old niece (warning: rape discussion)

GemWolf

Sorry but, this is so recent and I really need to - let it out.

My 2 year old niece was raped, and my family and I have been dealing with police, statements, hospitals etc.
My sister-in-law allowed old friends to move in with her and her two daughters aged 2 and the other aged 18 months (my nieces). As she had known these two (some guy and some chick) for many years everyone was like "oh ok then cool". Though I really didn't know them as they were her friends and so we all keep to our own ya know?
Anyway, she asked the fella to watch her girls for 20 mins while she dashed over to the corner shop for some bread, milk and a few other tiny bits. While she was gone, her other friend (the chick) arrived home from Uni after her final exam. She walked in and found the fella .....raping the 2 year old (I will leave out the details - trust me you don't want to/or need to hear it).
Naturally she ripped into him, pulling him off and beating his face in. My sister-in-law returned home to a very traumatic scene. My niece's injuries were extreme.

Needless to say - that fella is no longer a friend, and is now in police custody awaiting trial. Not sure when that will happen. 

Any family member who met this person monster had to give a statement about what we knew of him and how long he was known to the mother etc.
We also there for emotional support for our brave little girl at the hospital. Doctors are still trying to determine if she will be able to function normally in that area and still have a normal sex life in her adult years. 

Sorry that I have been MIA, I guess I was still dealing with the shock. Doesn't help that I was too a child rape victim and one of my biggest fears (a child family member getting raped) has come true.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

This is going to shape her entire being...how depressing. What a dick, hopefully he actually gets prison time, (and although unlikely) maybe even enough to not let him do this to another kid...

Maybe he'll get shanked in prison. 

As a victim of child rape as well, I'm sorry for this happening, and I hope you have a support network to help you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

This is going to shape her entire being...how depressing. What a dick, hopefully he actually gets prison time, (and although unlikely) maybe even enough to not let him do this to another kid...

I'm 99.9% certain he'll get prison time. Most places don't take child rape very lightly.

• Like 6

Wow. Just... wow. There are no words horrible enough to describe people like that. You have to be really fucking messed up to prey upon a child like that. That entire time he was probably just waiting for the opportunity to do such a horrible thing, so literally preying upon her... People like that should just be killed outright, or at the very least castrated and kept in prison forever.

When I get bored at work where my clients have cable, I watch a series called Lockup and all of the inmates are proud to say they beat the fuck out of sexual offenders without hesitation, ESPECIALLY if they dare brag about it. Some of them even admit proudly to raping them back because they think that they should know what it felt like to do what they did to whoever they did. Huge scary guys too, good luck fighting them off, especially if they have helpers when they go to do it (seems pretty likely in those cases). In some of these facilities the sexual offenders are kept separated from gen pop just because this is such a huge problem, but I hope this fucking piece of shit gets thrown into gen pop and never allowed to escape.

• Like 1

If this guy gets any prison time, he will most likely be killed if people find out why he's there. He'd absolutely deserve it and I certainly hope this disgusting shit drops dead.

My condolences go out to your family and niece.

• Like 1

Even though the responses in this thread weren't unexpected, they're still sickening.

4 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Seeing the responses in this thread, I wonder If there is a thin line between revenge and justice

Justice is basically just a legal form of vengeance. It's better than "street justice", but I still disagree with it.

3 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Seeing the responses in this thread, I wonder If there is a thin line between revenge and justice

justice is a moral grey area. but think the common thinking here is that if you do something as disgusting or depraved as this, you deserve to be punished because whatever you did to the victim is probably 10 times worse than what anyone can do to you. especially if you brag about it.

most people consider sexually abusing children as one of the most depraved crimes someone can commit for two reasons usually. 1. you're deliberately taking advantage of someone who can't defend themselves and 2. you've fucked them and their family up for the rest of their lives for literally no good or sensible reason. even the most violent gangs believe that it's the worst thing you can do to someone because they believe that you should never intentionally hurt bystanders

3 hours ago, Phausk said:

Even though the responses in this thread weren't unexpected, they're still sickening.

Justice is basically just a legal form of vengeance. It's better than "street justice", but I still disagree with it.

Reminder that the people advocating for crimes in return aren't advocating justice, they are advocating vengeance. The justice, him going to prison for raping a child, is neutral and has no control over what happens in his future. If he were being court ruled to execution that would be different.

I like to think of any negative effects on this guy's life as karma. I also like to believe karma is a bitch.

Call it vengeance, justice, karma or whatever, fact is the guy is fucked up and deserves whatever awful shit happens to him at this point.

No sympathy.

• Like 4

Personally, I don't feel like prison sentences are equivalent punishment to things this extreme in nature, so I will readily side with people's desire to hope dude gets his asshole stuffed full of manstick.

The law is not an absolute in terms of morality and "right and wrong." It exists as a peacekeeping measure.
Of course people are going to feel differently.

Also, I can't like posts in this thread for some reason, because the forum software is derping.
But I agree with Willow and Kaizy.

And I hope your niece can recover from this somewhat, Gem.
It doesn't lessen the severity of the crime any, but I hope her age can at least give her the ability to block some of it out of her mind as she grows older.

Edited by Vae
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Clove Darkwave said:

Reminder that the people advocating for crimes in return aren't advocating justice, they are advocating vengeance. The justice, him going to prison for raping a child, is neutral and has no control over what happens in his future. If he were being court ruled to execution that would be different.

Eh, I don't consider prison neutral, since it's supposed to be a terrible experience for the people in it so that they "learn their lesson". It's good for keeping criminals off of the street, but does very little of anything else. I'd like to see a prison system similar to Sweden's but I doubt much of the rest of the world will ever even consider it.

Also, to the commenters: what does inflicting pain or death upon this guy actually accomplish? It won't bring closure to the victims, and it won't deter crimes like this in the future. Isn't it hypocritical to be against rape or murder yet advocating rape or murder if it's for a good cause?

Sorry, I've just become to hate the "eye for an eye" mentality.

• Like 2

i dont know how much memory can stick at two years old...but given the traumatizing factor of it and how much reaction there is to it, I imagine there will be quite a bit remembered. I cant imagine...poor girl, I hope she's okay for the rest of her life, and her function remains fine.

3 hours ago, Phausk said:

Eh, I don't consider prison neutral, since it's supposed to be a terrible experience for the people in it so that they "learn their lesson". It's good for keeping criminals off of the street, but does very little of anything else. I'd like to see a prison system similar to Sweden's but I doubt much of the rest of the world will ever even consider it.

Also, to the commenters: what does inflicting pain or death upon this guy actually accomplish? It won't bring closure to the victims, and it won't deter crimes like this in the future. Isn't it hypocritical to be against rape or murder yet advocating rape or murder if it's for a good cause?

Prison itself is neutral, what happens to you inside of it I am to understand is inflicted by people dwelling within. If you don't think prison is neutral, pray tell what you think is.

I don't wish anything on him, but neither will I care what does happen.

Edited by Clove Darkwave
  • Like 1

Hate to burst everyones prison rape fantasies but they pretty much put all the chomos into their own facility or wing in prison now. Because it cost too much for their medical bills and care otherwise, if ya know what i mean.Though i have found it funny that criminals all play this silly game of holier than thou. As if a murderer or a high level drug trafficker are any better a human being.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Phausk said:

I don't see much point in chewing people out for lashing out verbally at the perp. It's not as though their wishes have any influence at all on what's going to happen to him. What happens to him now is up to the local justice system.

Edited by Luka
  • Like 1

That poor child, I hope she doesn't have any terrors about what happened to her.

The same thing happened to my niece, my grandparents had to talk my brother out of killing the guy, it was a friend of his too. I don't think he ever got jail time, but we did find out later that he was killed in a motorcycle accident.

5 hours ago, Clove Darkwave said:

Prison itself is neutral, what happens to you inside of it I am to understand is inflicted by people dwelling within. If you don't think prison is neutral, pray tell what you think is.

I don't wish anything on him, but neither will I care what does happen.

Well by definition it is a form of punishment, which I feel makes it not neutral. You have made me question myself however. It's hard for me to think of neutrality when dealing with a justice system. To be neutral, wouldn't you just... not do anything?

3 hours ago, Luka said:

I don't see much point in chewing people out for lashing out verbally at the perp. It's not as though their wishes have any influence at all on what's going to happen to him. What happens to him now is up to the local justice system.

It's just frustrating for me to see the majority of comments on the internet condoning torture or death if it's deemed "they deserve it". Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart or something, but it makes me more depressed about society in general.

Edited by Phausk

10 minutes ago, Phausk said:

Well by definition it is a form of punishment, which I feel makes it not neutral. You have made me question myself however. It's hard for me to think of neutrality when dealing with a justice system. To be neutral, wouldn't you just... not do anything?

It's just frustrating for me to see the majority of comments on the internet condoning torture or death if it's deemed "they deserve it". Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart or something, but it makes me more depressed about society in general.

Are you seriously feeling bad for the fucking baby raper?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Are you seriously feeling bad for the fucking baby raper?

lol I knew this was coming eventually.

I feel bad that he's not getting treated for his obvious mental issues while serving his prison sentence. I also feel bad that he's now a permanent reject of society and can never atone for his sins regardless of what he does with his life after prison. I also feel bad that this is more likely to just make him more careful in the future than to actually deter him from doing the same thing again. I never mentioned it, but I also feel bad for the victims too. So, everybody loses in this situation.

But yes, I still think he's human regardless of his crimes.

• Like 1

The man will get fucked up good in prison.

Do you know how much prisoners hate child-abusers? That man is going to have straight up prison gangs on his ass 24/7. He may not even survive.

This man is going to get one hell of a physical punishment, and nobody is gonna be able to stop it at this point. Whether or not he deserves it is a matter of personal moral. It's going to happen regardless.

EDIT: Oh yeah, not to mention the countless instances of abuse to these types of prisoners by the GUARDS themselves. This guy is fucked.

Edited by Lucyfish
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for wishing my niece, my family and myself well wishes. It means a lot.

Good news update - doctors have managed to save her entire reproductive system and they believe she should be able to conceive, carry and deliver a baby normally. However as she is still developing, they recommend she have an internal ultra sound at the age of 10, and again at 16 to make sure her ovaries have formed normally and fully. Mum has been advised that menstrual pain may intensified during her adolescent years.

Doctors were also able to repair nerve damage and using electrical pulses (don't worry she was unconscious) they were able to test her brain's responses to the stimuli. Her brain did indeed show a reaction, however they cannot say if she will get sexual pleasure or if she will get pain when she becomes sexually active. All they could do was correct the nerve damage to give her sensation - how the nerves send those signals is unclear but I am sure she will tell her partner if she has any unpleasant sensations later on in life.

In herself, she seems happy and bright. Giggling and playful which is good to see.

5 hours ago, Catilda Lily said:

The same thing happened to my niece, but we did find out later that he was killed in a motorcycle accident.

That is when you know the devil said "he is mine now". Poetic Justice at its finest. - I am so sorry for your niece, my love to her, to you and family.

1 hour ago, Phausk said:

But yes, I still think he's human regardless of his crimes.

There are no such things as humans who rape babies, toddlers and children. Those are monsters. If dogs and cats don't get human rights, then why should monsters? Dogs and cats are loved and adored, yet they get killed if they bite a guy who was poking them with a stick. 

What the hell is wrong with the world?  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

Thank you everyone for wishing my niece, my family and myself well wishes. It means a lot.

Good news update - doctors have managed to save her entire reproductive system and they believe she should be able to conceive, carry and deliver a baby normally.

There are no such things as humans who rape babies, toddlers and children. Those are monsters. If dogs and cats don't get human rights, then why should monsters? Dogs and cats are loved and adored, yet they get killed if they bite a guy who was poking them with a stick. 

Wonderful news!

As to the second bit, I agree. People can just be too fucked to bother with, and anyone who does this falls into that category. Call it evil or mental illness if you want, it makes no difference to me. :\

13 minutes ago, GemWolf said:

Yes it is common in human nature to dehumanize people we hate. But it's a lot more complicated than those people simply being "monsters". There's obviously something that made them that way, whether it be upbringing, past abuse, mental illness, etc. It's not an excuse, but it can help us understand why this person is so fucked up in the first place.

Also I disagree with euthanizing animals for that reason too unless they have rabies or something. But that's another tricky thing to deal with.

4 hours ago, Phausk said:

Yes it is common in human nature to dehumanize people we hate. But it's a lot more complicated than those people simply being "monsters". There's obviously something that made them that way, whether it be upbringing, past abuse, mental illness, etc. It's not an excuse, but it can help us understand why this person is so fucked up in the first place.

Also I disagree with euthanizing animals for that reason too unless they have rabies or something. But that's another tricky thing to deal with.

While I agree that people with these kinds of paraphilias definitely need help and support to control these urges, I cannot for the life of me find any sympathy for those who give in to their impulses at the expense of someone else's well being. It shouldn't be surprising to know that pedophilia is more common than most people acknowledge or realize, but it's also well worth mentioning that plenty of these people are perfectly capable of keeping their urges in check. Such a paraphilia cannot be an easy thing to live with and I know from someone close to me that it can cause all manner of self loathing and depression.

A pedophile who acknowledges and controls their more violent or undesirable urges is fully deserving of sympathy and support.

A child molester who crosses that line and makes their sick fantasies a reality is not.

I understand where you're coming from. But I think you're venturing too close to the realm of apologist. Really, this issue needs to be better understood and support more readily available for those who need it. But I do not think it should be in any way open to abuse for the abhorrent criminals like the one OP speaks of.

• Like 7

I really hope this post is a joke, because that is fucked.

That is fucked.

I don't really know what to write, but that motherfucker probably would have been better off having his head run off of concrete.

Your court system better put that prick the fuck away, and the other folks in lockup better know what he did. Shit sorts itself out that way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phausk said:

Bear with me for a moment, because I rarely say something like this in a serious manner.

Shut up.

• Like 4

On Friday, December 11, 2015 at 6:00 AM, Kaizy said:

Bear with me for a moment, because I rarely say something like this in a serious manner.

Shut up.

Meh. As long as people get thrown into jail with no form of rehab I don't think anything will change.

(Let me just shut up now,  so nobody gets the wrong idea)

I was actually afraid to post in this thread. So Gem, I wish you the best. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Half-Note said:

I'M GOING TO CONTROL MY URGE TO PARODY RADICAL LEFT-WINGERS BY NOT MAKING CHILD MOLESTERS APPEAR AS VICTIMS OF PERSECUTION OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT WERE FONDLED.

Thank you.

Oh my god, there are people that want to uphold rules like fair trial and so on for disgusting people.

How about that edge goes into a different thread?

• Like 3

On 12/10/2015 at 8:46 AM, willow said:

justice is a moral grey area. but think the common thinking here is that if you do something as disgusting or depraved as this, you deserve to be punished because whatever you did to the victim is probably 10 times worse than what anyone can do to you. especially if you brag about it.

most people consider sexually abusing children as one of the most depraved crimes someone can commit for two reasons usually. 1. you're deliberately taking advantage of someone who can't defend themselves and 2. you've fucked them and their family up for the rest of their lives for literally no good or sensible reason. even the most violent gangs believe that it's the worst thing you can do to someone because they believe that you should never intentionally hurt bystanders

I think that people wishing that prison inmates are sexually abused of physically tortured are tasteless, because what they're saying is 'I hope that other sexual predators and thugs get away with lots more heinous crimes'. 

I hope that your niece makes a full recovery. 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2015 at 7:18 PM, Phausk said:

Depends though. because they at least try to rehabilitate animals that have been abused but if they're too dangerous to be around they're going to die in a shelter anyway.

18 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think that people wishing that prison inmates are sexually abused of physically tortured are tasteless, because what they're saying is 'I hope that other sexual predators and thugs get away with lots more heinous crimes'. 

no not really.

3 minutes ago, willow said:

no not really.

Is that an Argument-from-stone, willow? 

Of course wanting horrible rapes and sexual abuses to happen at all is wrong. 

It is tragically sad that many of the comments in this thread wish for further sexual abuse to occur, rather than wishing for the recovery of the victim. We should be preoccupied with the victim's well being and preventing further sexual abuse occurring, rather than sick fantasies about anal rape in prison.

@GemWolf I can empathise with how you're feeling, because a paedophile was discovered at my sister's school, for children with learning difficulties, some years ago. Pretty sickening. 

• Like 3

Wishing recovery for the victim is a given, I feel, so that's why it's less focused on than punishing the rapist. (Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt anyone here doesn't want the victim to recover.) People who prey on innocent children (or anyone) like that are absolute scum that deserve nothing better than to taste their own medicine. It is a bit twisted, but just throwing them in prison isn't going to teach them how it felt to be victimized like that and they should have to feel that way at least once so they truly understand what they put their victim through. Maybe then they would sympathize and not repeat the offense once they unfortunately are set free.

• Like 2

I hope that the bastard gets a long, long time to sit in prison. I don't generally want people dead, but I wouldn't mind to hear about him getting stabbed or beaten to pulp by other inmates. 

All the best wishes to OP's niece and family. This is the worst thing I could imagine happening to a toddler other than death. Glad to hear she seems okay for now and let's hope it won't affect her future too much.

• Like 1