The Good Vibes thread

willow

the forums have been pretty negative lately so to combat it I thought I'd try a little something. it's kind of like the "Things That You Love" thread only instead, talk about the things that make you happy, good things that have happened, etc.

so let's spread some good vibes, you guys! :^)

I can start. I got a holiday card from my best friend today. he's studying in Austria right now and I probably won't see him for a few months. so that was nice.

see? it's that simple.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I start my new job on Monday. Aced the interview. c:

2 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Same with me lol. I just got accepted today.

Congrats you two! New jobs are always a good thing to be happy about.

I had an awesome lunch of cheese omelette and breakfast sausage. I'm a happy pup!

• Like 2

This is a wonderful idea willow. School is looking up for once, classes are interesting and I havent missed any lectures yet. Also I think all my melee practice is paying off little by little. My goal is to be making it out of poola by the end of the year, but we'll see how that goes!

• Like 1

Today was payday but I'd forgotten about that.  I looked at my bank account this morning and was like 'DID I FORGET TO PAY THE RENT OR SOMETHING!?' before realizing I'd got paid. ^_^  Only worked 44.5hrs this week, relaxing on the couch, laptop in my lap, TV shows humming on the TV and a glass of lemon soda near me.  Life is about the chillaxing times and it's important to enjoy these times. ^_____^

Turkey! :3  I made a turkey dinner with friends during American Thanksgiving, I call it 'Yanksgiving' where we give thanks for the great things that America has given the world... Like school shootings, homophobic fried chicken franchises, and the belief that dinosaur bones are a test by Baby Jesus.  Anyway, four people and a 28lb turkey leaves a LOT of left overs, but that's the point.  All the leftovers were for making shepherds pies.  Turkey shepherds pie, with stuffing, corn, peas, carrots all mixed in and topped with mashed potatos.  I had enough to make TEN portions perfect for one person and froze them.  My freezer basically has turkey dinner on tap and I'm heating one up tonight. :3

Happyness is home roasted turkey ready to go. <3

• Like 1

The prostitute I sell bitcoin to went to the hospital to detox from opiates, and moved out of the house where she used to live with pushy roommates. She still sells her services, but... Progress? Hoping that expensive destructive hobby is behind her this time, so she can finally start saving up to get her life back on track.

I had a great Christmas. Nothing too fancy, but my uncle, aunt and most importantly my little cousins came over and things went unexpectedly good. They both have really grown, matter of fact the eldest is at least one full head taller than me which is kinda emberassing considering that I'm 18 while he's only 15. They've also grown mentally, so they know when to give me some space. As much as I would love to hang around with them 24/7, my energy isn't infinite and I have other interests too, so yeah. I also remembered my uncle being a lot more of an hardass, not to mention that I would often fail to find the ''humor'' he'd aim at me funny. But things have changed, both on my and his end. We were more relaxed this time around and surprisingly we got along so, so much better. Never thought I'd say this, but he's a very cool uncle. I cried when they all left

I'm also looking forward to complete this art project I've had going on since february 2015. Basically, I have to upload something every 3 days, and so far I didn't slip up once, whether what I made was a simple sketch or a full on scene. Can't wait to get to the end of february so I will have done this for a full year. So far, I made 120 submissions with approximately 20 more to go, then I'll take a well deserved break. I've also seen my art improve throughout so that's nice

Edited by Guest

I messaged my favorite Rainbow Six Siege streamer and actually got a response back. :3 That was pretty neat. Wasn't really expecting a reply because he's quite popular as far as R6S streams go, so I figured he had lots of stuff to do when not streaming and the only time he got to talk to his viewers was during the stream (and I'm too chickenshit to bug people during their streams, especially in front of 2k+ people). Pretty good time to be wrong~

• 4 weeks later...

Let's revive this.

Found a wallet on the floor of the grocery store today; One of those camo velcro ones. Picked it up and resumed waiting in line to check out my groceries. I started to zone out for a bit thinking then snapped to when I heard a man say he lost his wallet. Lo and behold it belonged to a Vietnam veteran in one of those electric scooters. I was happy I didn't have to trust Customer Service with it, and he was happy not a thing was taken out of it.

Edited by Clove Darkwave