Old photos

Kellie Gator

Two rants in one day but after that you'll hear little if anything from me 'cause I'm off to a con. ANYWAY...

I was browsing through some old photos today and it seems like old photos always makes you cringe. Either you were ugly. Or you made ugly faces. OR... you actually looked better then and you cringe at what you've become.

That's kinda how I feel right now after going through those old photos. I was uglier, but I was also thinner. And I'd give an arm and leg to be thinner right now, because I gotta lose weight for surgery and because, well, I care about my health and being attractive.

I hate being chubby right now, gotta get my shit together and work out more or something... after the convention. I probably shouldn't have paid for the ice cream buffet there. AUGH I'M SO TERRIBLE.

Anyone else feel the same from old photos? Anyone else know how to cope with being chubbier than they should?

5 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

If anything, I'd gladly take some of that weight. I am sitting in a comfortable 21BMI, but feel like a twig.

NOOOOOO.

THINK ABOUT BREATHING NORMALLY, WALKING UP HILLS, NOT BEING AFRAID OF DYING ALONE IN YOUR APARTMENT BY A HEART ATTACK OR SOME SHIT

SAVE YOURSELF

Transformations over time are fun and its interesting to see how different you looked when you were younger. I'm feeling somewhat better about myself, I guess. I've gotten a little stronger, a little less softer-looking. Not by much, but still. I'm hoping to be a step up after a month.

Edited by Sir Gibby

I both like and dislike old photos for exactly the same reason - I looked a train wreck back then. Sometimes I wonder if my getup is a subconscious attempt for me to escape who I once was, once and for all. But then I just slather on some more make up and everything's fine =D

Behold!

Even the ugliest duckling (far left, age 16 (yes, I was legal when this photo was taken. Anyone could have done anything with me and it would've been morally acceptable))...

63201_1567522540636_999823_n.jpg?oh=c106

Can turn into a swan that never gets laid (age 23)!

IMG_1713.JPG.26b1aaba9aa3d19b80bbf802d69

So there is hope for anyone and everyone!

• Like 1

I used to be about 185 lbs of almost pure muscle from doing gymnastics and such; but after I stopped that and especially after I had my accident last summer I've lost a lot of muscle and gone up to about 205 lbs. So long as you're not so heavy (or light) as to endanger your health it doesn't matter how much you weigh. No one is going to remember you for how you looked or what you wore, they're only going to remember you for what you did and who  you were. Unless of course they are some annoying twat that hasn't done anything with their life; in which case you shouldn't be listening to them anyway

16 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

IMG_1713.JPG.26b1aaba9aa3d19b80bbf802d69

So there is hope for anyone and everyone!

Just to let you know that paw necklace is super adorable D:

I think the only pictures that actually make me cringe are my middle school ones. anything related to my middle school days makes me cringe though. it's also just weird to look at some of my old photos

but I've always been overweight :'/

it doesn't matter what I do either. I've tried changing my diet, routine exercise, etc. and nothing seems to really work.

I have pictures so old they only exist on this thing called 'paper'.  I tried to fold them up and insert them in my USB port but it wouldn't read.  I was also a skinny nerd with square glasses.  I suggest we take off and nuke them from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chrysocyon said:

Well are you going to show the photos or not? :V

No thanks, I want some form of privacy so I refuse to let my ugly mug be something you can just google. D:

6 hours ago, Astus said:

I used to be about 185 lbs of almost pure muscle from doing gymnastics and such; but after I stopped that and especially after I had my accident last summer I've lost a lot of muscle and gone up to about 205 lbs. So long as you're not so heavy (or light) as to endanger your health it doesn't matter how much you weigh. No one is going to remember you for how you looked or what you wore, they're only going to remember you for what you did and who  you were. Unless of course they are some annoying twat that hasn't done anything with their life; in which case you shouldn't be listening to them anyway

It's really weird to imagine you being muscular or overweight, 'cause you're a babyfur or... whatever the hell you are. :P

Middle school photos (and late elem.) please kill me kthx

So glad I cut my hair, lost the braces, and got better/no glasses. Was such a huge dork. Didnt care much about my appearance until late and I started feeling super awful and gravitating towards things that made me feel better

@Alexxx-Returns ppssssh, you didnt look 'ugly' so much as a bland blonde girl, if anything the way you are now just means you found a style  for you that works and you feel good about yourself and it shows, thats what makes it not-ugly really

Edit: okay I just have to add...the WORST part is family members having pictures of you floating around. The vast percentage of which cringey as hell. But you cant just go through and start deleting shiz because its not yours apparently.

The worst part is when they force you to take pictures, specifically in clothes you dislike, and hang those awful terrible photos around. And if you take them down you get accused of having low self esteem and wondering why you cant feel attractive/beautiful the way THEY want you to despite it not being 'you'. Ya feel?

/minirant

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

7 hours ago, Kellie Gator said:

It's really weird to imagine you being muscular or overweight, 'cause you're a babyfur or... whatever the hell you are. :P

I'm not overweight yet technically :P but yeah I understand what you mean; usually most are of the skinny variety or just really big...

9 hours ago, Therapy Sergal said:

It's my earlier behavior rather than looks, that makes me cringe now.

Oh yes, I know all about it. I was some recoloring Sonic fantard ages ago, ewww. D:

2 hours ago, #00Buck said:

In my old yearbook photos I look like the guy who would do a school shooting. 

Okay, so you either look really hot or really spergy.

This is the oldest picture I can find of myself, from when I was 18.
Unfortunately, it's also photoshopped to shit. But it's still the basic idea of what I looked like back then, I guess.

trhhhh.PNG.2f8fcfe0e5dbd89825a0ac611d4ae

I've been through a lot of different styles and looks and what have you, but I don't really overthink a lot of it.
People are faceted, and sometimes individual facets shine through harder than others for periods of time.

Also, I miss those fucking gloves,
and I'm so angry that I lost them.

Edited by Vae
  • Like 2

Well... while we're sharing old photos...

http://m.imgur.com/a/v8l2x

Oldest to recent

The first was me as a dorky kid with braces, the cutest thing in that photo is the kinkajou. Second was me plain and meh. Third was me in my edgy emo stylez, (started wearing clothes I liked rather than ugly clothes I didnt even care about)...that was a time I was trying to learn how to appreciate myself in a way I liked, but also started wearing makeup and shiz because its 'normal' and I attempted to 'fit'. Last was me after I cut my hair (Looking back I HAAATE the long hair, much cringe) This is one of many photo attempts after I got sorta officially dude-ed and Im glad I did the self-change thing since I feel better and more like myself now

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

You should accept your body for what it is. It's not like you're morbidly obese or anything.

If you need to lose weight for surgery, that's fine - it's just not something worth worrying all the time about. 

I'm super paranoid about my health and being more attractive would be a plus. .w.

So here's a time-limited offer for you, the old photos I talked about so much.

2012 Kellie, balding and looking goofy and happy.

lo7EByc.jpg

2013 Kellie, with a thankfully blurry face because she smiles terribly. Body-wise she looks fine.

n3kV789.jpg

And here, 2016 Kellie!

6ZUg92y.jpg

I'm generally happy with how I look but when comparing my belly now to what it used to be I die a little inside. D:

Just to give y'all some perspective. I hate the old photos but I was at least not a chubby bastard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kellie Gator said:

ust to give y'all some perspective. I hate the old photos but I was at least not a chubby bastard.

WOW. It took some real GUTS to post these. You kinda remind me of Riff Raff. 

Riff_Raff.jpg.b24531087c06436db348bbd308

^you after weight loss and hormones 

On 3/3/2016 at 2:18 PM, Vae said:

This is the oldest picture I can find of myself, from when I was 18.
Unfortunately, it's also photoshopped to shit. But it's still the basic idea of what I looked like back then, I guess.

trhhhh.PNG.2f8fcfe0e5dbd89825a0ac611d4ae

I've been through a lot of different styles and looks and what have you, but I don't really overthink a lot of it.
People are faceted, and sometimes individual facets shine through harder than others for periods of time.

Also, I miss those fucking gloves,
and I'm so angry that I lost them.

Wow, such beauty.

I find that photoshop accentuates beauty that already exists exquisitely, and I see that very clearly in this picture. 

As far as old pictures are concerned, I have looked so drastically different over the years that it is like comparing different people. I think that I am only getting more and more attractive though, but I have always been a good-looking person. 

Somewhere at my parents' place, are pictures of me at a family reunion with a longish bleached undercut hairstyle and a neon t-shirt. That sounds better on paper. A failed attempt at looking cool, I just looked strange and out of place. It didn't help that I grew 5" one summer and it took a long time for my weight to catch up to my increased height. My teenage years were so awkward.