Things that you love! v2

Sar

I'm so happy @WolfNightV4X1 is coming over soon. I feel having him around will breathe life back into alot of creative endeavors, aswell as everything else (such as having such a cool guy for a roomie).

Today I thought of a simple system to possibly replicate the effects of air pockets that pickups have in front of a windshield to minimize rain actually touching it. Thing is, it's simple and will probably cost me 50$ (with the hardest part finding out how to mount it to the hood of a car without ruining it or having it go flying off at high speeds).

I mean, I'm super excited and I think it would be cool to have a magical windshield that stays dry so long as you go fast. Could also be useful for cooling systems, as it does involve air passing through metal.

• Like 5

On 09/01/2016 at 10:53 PM, DrGravitas said:

Programming!

When everything's running right, everything working for you, there's a sense of power unlike any other.

You know, I came here to say something related

I'm not really very advanced when it comes to coding, so when I sat down to create a login screen for a C# application I was making in Visual Studio using an SQL database, it took me two entire days to get it right. And holy shit, I'm glad it works now.

It's the best and worst feeling ever because, even though I've succeeded, I know that additional, more painful challenges are coming my way.
Namely, making a goddamn register screen that somehow loads the login data into the database that I sloppily threw together.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Johanna Waya said:

Looking forward to it, buddy~ Glad it will be less lonely and we can do fun stuff and whatnot

Anyone is allowed to come and have a wild party at our place cuz I said so :v

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

So, I thought I'd bring an update on that thingie I said earlier. Because I truly love this.

Not only did I get the login screen done, I also got the register screen done. And I've sat down, done some planning, and figured out exactly how I'm going to approach the rest of the program.

It feels amazing because it's my first significant project, I originally thought it would be impossible, and now I know exactly what I need to do to finish it.

I feel like a 7 year-old on Christmas morning over here. I think programming is definitely for me.

( @DrGravitas )

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

So, I thought I'd bring an update on that thingie I said earlier. Because I truly love this.

Not only did I get the login screen done, I also got the register screen done. And I've sat down, done some planning, and figured out exactly how I'm going to approach the rest of the program.

It feels amazing because it's my first significant project, I originally thought it would be impossible, and now I know exactly what I need to do to finish it.

I feel like a 7 year-old on Christmas morning over here. I think programming is definitely for me.

( @DrGravitas )

This is great! You've taken your first (well, ok it sounds like it's not quite your first) step into a larger world! Best of luck on your path ^^

• Like 1

I fuckin love drunk me.

Slightly drunk: A weird guy that says weird things. Ex: "Alcohol isn't a drug it's an alcohol"

Considerably drunk: Microparty in the dorm!

Decently drunk: Drunk gaming!

Blackout drunk me does chores apparently, and hugs people for a solid 45 seconds.

Except I don't love the pukey hungover me. That's not fun.

1 hour ago, funky3000 said:

I fuckin love drunk me.

Slightly drunk: A weird guy that says weird things. Ex: "Alcohol isn't a drug it's an alcohol"

Considerably drunk: Microparty in the dorm!

Decently drunk: Drunk gaming!

Blackout drunk me does chores apparently, and hugs people for a solid 45 seconds.

Except I don't love the pukey hungover me. That's not fun.

Especially when it's the only time you start the conversation with me :VVVVV

I love veggie burritos! The taco truck near my job makes them so good. It's walking distance, and it's absolutely delicious. Mexican rice, refried beans, onions, cilantro, lettuce, and tomato, all wrapped inside a nice warm tortilla. I just had one and it's so filling! It's a good day.

living near a gas station. I ran out of food that I like to eat so took a walk with the pups. I could have ordered take-out but for the same price I got ice cream, treats for my pups, cereal, and pizza. I also found a new place (super safe) to tie my pups out and they waited patiently without making a peep. Good pups. :>

• Like 1

Getting word back from the vet today about the cytology report on the mass he removed from the top of Ulysses's chest. The finding is they are only cysts and not tumors. My little guy doesn't have to go through chemotherapy or any further treatment, and will get his stitches out this Saturday.

ulysses-cone-20160120_132902.thumb.jpg.d

• Like 2