General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

14 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Hamburgers aren't even that delicious

It is not the hamburgers that I sometimes dislike but the makers of it. Some places can make amazingly good burgers whereas somewhere else they taste like cardboard

Or, you could make your own. As long as you don't burn the bun or meats, deliciousness is guaranteed and you're also saving a few cents/bucks

On April 23, 2017 at 3:11 AM, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Ffffffff

Now I remember another reason why I kept my tablet nearby. So I didn't have to come all the way downstairs to calm down.

On the brightside, got the quote of about $100 CAN for the screen, which will probably be taken care of soon.

Until then, 3 hours of sleep followed by random shit to relax!

im going thru tablet withdrawals too cuz my iPad bricked itself and has to be sent in for repairs (:

i was reaching for it like a phantom limb last night and today felt like my eyes are going bad while trying to use my tiny phone

at least it was under warranty....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrysocyon said:

I'm a quarter of a century old. Yay.

Hey there, Happy Birthday! And that's still so young, you'll have to live to be 100 before ya get really gooey and old. Hope ya have a fun day!

Edit: It is odd to me, as time goes on, how we celebrate being one year closer to our demise...but on the other paw, also that we have managed to live so far, when many others have not.

• Like 3

Ah-hahaha

Earlier today I was looking through what I needed to do for my Java programming project and I was all like "Fuck, I have to use Swing to make the interface and I'm gonna have to learn what that is and how to use it and aaah"

Now, in one night, I learned it from scratch and completed the interface!~

It's now nearly 5am. Excuse me while I die in bed

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Chrysocyon said:

First a doctor, and now this. United is on a roll.

http://jalopnik.com/united-airlines-reviewing-death-of-giant-rabbit-1794650525

I liked this part about said rabbit:

"Simon’s breeder, Annette Edwards—who was once a Playboy model and had plastic surgery to look like the Jessica Rabbit cartoon, claims the bunny had a full checkup and was cleared perfectly healthy just before the flight, reaffirming the mystery of Simon’s death in transit with United."

(bold Italics mine)

No, us furries have little to worry about, in the so called 'not being normal' dept!

1 hour ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I liked this part about said rabbit:

"Simon’s breeder, Annette Edwards—who was once a Playboy model and had plastic surgery to look like the Jessica Rabbit cartoon, claims the bunny had a full checkup and was cleared perfectly healthy just before the flight, reaffirming the mystery of Simon’s death in transit with United."

(bold Italics mine)

No, us furries have little to worry about, in the so called 'not being normal' dept!

And the resemblance is uncanny! :v
0013476850.jpg?0000-00-00-00-00-00

• Like 2

TIL: Apparently in Switzerland and various other european countries it is illegal to have a pet free roaming a vehicle while it is driving.

In fact they make cages that are large and can fit a lot of things in them, which puts them in a trunk that has a view from the back window? (Not sure how that works)

It's probably much safer than us heathen Americans that put ourselves and our pets at risk of a fatal accident, although it's much less fun!

Boy oh boy, my friend tried to get a toad off the road because it was in danger, and it ended up being run over right in front of us.

I'll be real honest, didn't make as much noise as I expected.

Saw a bunch of cute bunnies on tonight's walk, so I guess that makes up for it.

• Like 1

Ugh, it's almost 6 am. At 4 i got a random text from a friend that was shitfaced, ended up meeting her in town and walking home with her. On the way we ran into a dog, this dog had no collar, she loves dogs. Cue us sitting outside a church looking after this dog for half an hour while waiting for a dog warden as the sun rose. Hahaha, was a wonderful way to spend the morning. Now if you'll excuse me i think i have to pass out.

Phew, had a long chat on Discord with a very intelligent fox who wants to set up a RP whereas he plays a pretentious, uppity explorer in the 17th century, and dares to disturb the innocent Fossa, sleeping peaceful on his Fossa branch...and, tries to capture me! The nerve. I'm excited, as he's such a good writer, and very witty. It's really a blessing, when you meet somebody you mesh with.

• Like 4

MFW I ruined my bro's date because I was alone and bored and drank too much and had to throw up like four minutes after he returned with a lady.

Edit: I also spent most of the night depressed and crying for no reason so fuck him

Edit edit: Better. No worries and shit.

On 4/28/2017 at 2:06 AM, Fossa-Boy said:

Phew, had a long chat on Discord with a very intelligent fox who wants to set up a RP whereas he plays a pretentious, uppity explorer in the 17th century, and dares to disturb the innocent Fossa, sleeping peaceful on his Fossa branch...and, tries to capture me! The nerve. I'm excited, as he's such a good writer, and very witty. It's really a blessing, when you meet somebody you mesh with.

ooh ooh i recently started an RP with somebody on another site for the first time in like A MAMMILLION YEARS.  it's not *perfect* but it's going really well and i am super excited about it.  i can't even remember the last time i tried to RP with somebody who wasn't in my super-close friend circle (which consists of exactly one person), and i especially can't remember the last time it went well. 

though it's just rp, alas no long chats and magical friendship :(  maybe eventually...

• Like 1

On 04/22/2017 at 3:41 PM, Crazy Lee said:

Those guys look so fucking typical blue collar white trash Trump lovers. Seriously. Pranks are one thing but he seems to go too far way too many times. Like playing a prank but when the kids are in tears and screaming in terror immediately stopping and telling them it was a prank and you love them. You don't keep the prank going on while you scream your head off at them.

Can't you talk about fucking anything without making it about Trump?

• Like 1

Holy fuuuck. Allow me to brag for a sec because I achieved something I'm proud of
When I got home for Easter break, my best time running 5km was 18:15

Now it's 16:39
Shave off another few minutes and it's the men's world record

25 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Holy fuuuck. Allow me to brag for a sec because I achieved something I'm proud of
When I got home for Easter break, my best time running 5km was 18:15

Now it's 16:39
Shave off another few minutes and it's the men's world record

Find someone who runs around the same time.
Give them a knife.
Run.

Record achieved!

• Like 4

I used to RP, but it's been years. Close to a decade since I RPd as an individual. I had fun RPing as my Hadean species though, and acting out first-contact scenarios with the races of other world builders...

kinda want to try that again since I've done a shitload of lore work since the last bout.

In other news,

Screenshot_2017-04-29-07-07-44.thumb.png.2d1c86d5dcc454a93c259a87245f49d7.png

YAAAAAAAAY

n.b. that's a forecast map for the chances of severe weather today. I live somewhere below the "E" in the "ENH" on that map

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

I used to RP, but it's been years. Close to a decade since I RPd as an individual. I had fun RPing as my Hadean species though, and acting out first-contact scenarios with the races of other world builders...

kinda want to try that again since I've done a shitload of lore work since the last bout.

In other news,

Screenshot_2017-04-29-07-07-44.thumb.png.2d1c86d5dcc454a93c259a87245f49d7.png

YAAAAAAAAY

n.b. that's a forecast map for the chances of severe weather today. I live somewhere below the "E" in the "ENH" on that map

That sounds curious, a RP with an entire race...have never gotten to that level! Sounds fun.

Ah, luckily I'm in 'Marginal' Maryland, on the map, but it feels hot as hell, for the time of year...I can see where we might get some evening thunderstorms, which is sorta a daily thing, at some times of the year. Hope you're OK, down there.

1 hour ago, Recel said:

If they shave off chunks of your flesh that means you will become lighter, thus run faster!
It is a win-win.

You're literally the smartest person to ever exist.

Become a personal fitness trainer.

Or hell, a jetplane designer. That logic works if your wings fall off too, right? Less parts means go faster.

• Like 1

I'm really proud of my little brother, his girlfriend, my little sister, and my boyfriend right now.

We were leaving their prom this Friday and a crash happened at an intersection in front of us. Unlike the asses that drove around the pieces of broken metal and plastic to get to wherever they needed to go, every single one of who I just mentioned at least tried to help.

My brother jumped out of a stopping car and ran across traffic to pull somebody out of a truck. His girlfriend stopped their car in the intersection because the only place they could have parked was blocked, ran to the nearest street signs, and called 911 instead of assuming somebody had done it. My boyfriend pulled around into a parking lot and ran with me to check on my little brother and to help two women we thought might be hurt. And my little sister ran to the intersection to call 911. And half of them were barefoot, and they were all wearing pricey suits and prom dresses. Somehow nobody had their feet cut open and there was only minimal mud, water, and oil to be had on anything but shoes and feet.

It feels like we didn't help much, but I sure saw a lot of fucks that only made things worse when they did things like slowing down to watch the girls and guys in formal wear running around some wrecked cars.

So I am happy to know that the people closest to me won't let bad things happen without at least trying to help. I am also happy to know the likelihood of an EMT or police officer telling me that I had a "prom night to remember" has basically gone down to zero.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Xaende said:

Sounds like the barred owls in my backyard are mating.

*bow chicka bow wow*

dude we have those too

they get CRAZY this time of year.  they be like, HOO HOO HOO-HOO, HOO HOO-HOO HOOOOOO HOOWAAAAAAAAA WOOOAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOWWW HO HOOOOO HOO HOWWOAOWOWOOWOAAHOOWWOOOHHHH WHAAAAAAAAAAA WA-WA-WA-WAH HOOOOOAAAAAA HOO HOO HO HOOOOOAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AOUUH AU HOOUUUHHH

get a fucking room.  ¬¬

• Like 2

Who knew that Tron Guy was a whiny bitch? And I guess conservative leaning?

So, the con he's talking about is the one I went to instead of the one that was cancelled last minute. And I will admit the con is to the left when it comes to social issues. The second floor bathrooms are trans-friendly and any-gendered (paper signs cover the bathroom gender signs, but I still used the men's room because damn I love urinals). At the registration desk there are "pronoun stickers" you can put on your badge to indicate if you prefer a certain pronoun, and included him, her, they, and sadly xir and zir (which I dislike). There are signs about cosplay consent and anti-harassment, which isn't unique to this con (the first consent signs I saw in pictures from New York Comic Con), but those are basically "don't sexually harass people because they're skimpily dressed or in costume", "don't bully people", "no means no", "and don't harass people because of sexual orientation or gender identity." I guess if those are far left attitudes then I guess they are.

I have no opinion on the guests that he mentioned as being far left or radical, because the con tends to invite people that I have no idea who they are or have any opinion on.

He does end up sounding very whiny though.

There are many people associated with the con I consider friends, and many casual acquaintances as well. Nobody has given me personally a hard time. The hotel liaison went out of his way to help me deal with fixing a screwup with my reservation (as in not having made one for this year)

So, you can't handle that a lot of the con has different viewpoints than you? All right then. No one is forcing you to go to this convention. Go back to your conservative safe space where you whine about different viewpoints much as people on the far left whine about people with different viewpoints.

• Vae pinned this topic