Rant: FUCK SPIDERS

Sidewalk Surfboard

FUCK SPIDERS.

I bought a furby at the thrift store yesterday and today I opened it up to see if there was any problems inside. You know what? There was. What you may ask? SPIDERS.

z7tXMIg.thumb.jpg.506c65dd71ac9fe27913751764923696.jpg

You see that little bastard?

Selection_001.png.afe0133bd768aa86b786e53d0b30676a.png

Still don't see it?

Selection_002.png.30f0f8e086cae70db006cf16266af37c.png

This motherfucker is chilling inside of my furby as if he lives there. Thankfully he was dead already, but he already did his deed.

Selection_003.png.b53514dd5eb9c2cb26632dcc6027dd16.png

He is riddled with cobwebs because of that motherfucking spider. I honestly don't even want to stick batteries in him because there might still be spiders. LIVE ONES. So yeah, fuck spiders. Every last one of 'em.

Should still work since the spiders are likely to have died ages ago.

A canned air duster around those  1.1 μH inductors should be enough to get any other bits of crap out.

Also whist you have the furby open solder a switch on one of the battery wires so you can turn it off..

IIRC the earliest ones lacked such a feature so the batteries went dead over time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lopaw said:

Should still work since the spiders are likely to have died ages ago.

A canned air duster around those  1.1 μH inductors should be enough to get any other bits of crap out.

Also whist you have the furby open solder a switch on one of the battery wires so you can turn it off..

IIRC the earliest ones lacked such a feature so the batteries went dead over time.

The original furbies like the one pictured did not include an on/off switch. They fell asleep by themselves and could be turned on by tilting them, since they have a tilt sensor. I keep the batteries out of my furbies unless I am using them so that isn't a problem.

30 minutes ago, Revates said:

Spiders aren't so bad, spiders just wanna be your friend and eat all the household insects. The ones that put the fear into me are CENTIPEDES. Fuck them

Awww... but centipedes just want to be your friend by killing household pests including spiders and cockroaches.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 2:06 AM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

The original furbies like the one pictured did not include an on/off switch. They fell asleep by themselves and could be turned on by tilting them, since they have a tilt sensor. I keep the batteries out of my furbies unless I am using them so that isn't a problem.

They'd turn themselves on too. My sister's first gen would wake up in the middle of the night cooing and giggling like some demonic baby from inside the closet.

With that in mind, I'll take the spiders.

especially wolf spiders 

RQqYMHB.jpg I love that they carry their babies with them

21 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

They'd turn themselves on too. My sister's first gen would wake up in the middle of the night cooing and giggling like some demonic baby from inside the closet.

With that in mind, I'll take the spiders.

Reveal hidden contents

especially wolf spiders 

RQqYMHB.jpg I love that they carry their babies with them

Thank you for confirming I wasn't the only one who had to endure the presence of such a demon.

23 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

The first gens often do that. The generations after the first gen included a deep sleep mode in order to prevent something like this from happening.

On 09/04/2017 at 4:53 AM, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Thankfully he was dead already

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, that doesn't look like a dead spider. That looks like an ecdysial casting - i.e. the empty skin of a spider that's grown out of it and moved on. I reckon he's still in there, dude. Or he moved out to find a bigger three-bedroom furbie for himself, his lovely wife and his 300 spiderlings.

• Like 1