Things that you hate! v2

Sar

2 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Aw, I have a lot of times like that, too, where worries about money and the future crowd out everything else, and I get these feelings of panic and gloom...and all my passion seems to drain away. But it manages to come back some, and often when I see your avi, and reflect back to something clever you said, that either made me laugh, or ponder life in a different way. So ya at least got a Fossa who reads your posts, and isn't gonna look down on ya. He might tease some, but that's just his nature. Hope ya feel better, there.

i just wish it wasnt like this all the time, you know?

but i appreciate your caring

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Finding and removing logical errors in code

Please just fucking stab me
Jesus Christ this is terrible

One time I spent a good few hours debugging a python script that was running as a service in Ubuntu, littering log file writes all over the place and all, before I figured out where the error output was going to. It didn't work because a function didn't take self as a parameter. Why the hell do I need to specify that if it's just going to pass it in sort-of-implicitly anyway? >.<

So I totally feel ya.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aeon said:

what i hate is when you are on a comment thread, have a legitimate point, and get shut down just because you happen to have a furry avatar. like it immediately makes you retarded or something.

Are you talking about YouTube? They're probably just trolls that didn't have any input on the topic. Ignoring them would be best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aeon said:

what i hate is when you are on a comment thread, have a legitimate point, and get shut down just because you happen to have a furry avatar. like it immediately makes you retarded or something.

What we have here is a simple but important life lesson, it's your fault for being a furfa-...i mean. You can never have a proper argument with morons, it's like banging your head against a brick wall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silo said:

Are you talking about YouTube? They're probably just trolls that didn't have any input on the topic. Ignoring them would be best.

Just in general really, and usually I do ignore them. I'm pretty happy with myself so it doesn't do much other than irritate me a little when i have a good point and it changes to "stfu you furfag" or "yiff in hell"

49 minutes ago, [null] said:

What we have here is a simple but important life lesson, it's your fault for being a furfa-...i mean. You can never have a proper argument with morons, it's like banging your head against a brick wall.

this xD I laughed a bit harder then i should at this, +1 to you xD 

People who keep telling me that I have to try smoking weed or smoking e-cigarettes because they think it's the best thing they've ever experienced. I'm sorry, but I'm not putting anything other than air into my lungs, and I'm not going to change my mind about that.

• Like 4

Maybe I'm just stuck up about this, but so be it. I can't stand American people who don't have a general understanding of the english language, so they butcher every sentence they attempt to write or say. It just hurts my head when I'm trying to decipher my own language.

20 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I hate it when people use fictional characters to push their narrative. Drawing a Care Bear with "Fuck Trump" on its belly just makes me think of you as extremely childish and a tad bit manipulative.

next on my list of things to draw, tybalt the deporter with rolfe the border enforcer

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shiro said:

Maybe I'm just stuck up about this, but so be it. I can't stand American people who don't have a general understanding of the english language, so they butcher every sentence they attempt to write or say. It just hurts my head when I'm trying to decipher my own language.

If you only care about grammatical errors when they belong to an American, you are stuck up.

:V

It is an exquisite torment to love and respect. To do both you must greatly humble yourself and sometimes allow yourself to be despised, and allow those you love to harm themselves with only the hope that they will learn for consolation, knowing that anything else you do will be seen as an affront. 

Everything seems to be broken this week.
- iPod is broken, bad hard drive (but it's been dying for a few weeks)
- Broke the charge plug to my drill (hopefully radio shack will have another, if I can find an open radio shack)
- Charger for computer is broken, computer now a nice 15" paperweight.
- Car has broken sway bar links, warped brake rotors, the rear hatch refuses to lock, and while trying to fix a rusted and broken hood latch bracket, I ended up stripping two screws and breaking two bolt heads off. Now I have to likely remove the entire bumper and the hood refuses to latch properly anymore. JOY.
- My cell phone I'm trying to fix STILL doesn't work.

On 4/5/2017 at 0:09 AM, FenrirDarkWolf said:

He puts advertisements/comics/etc. (inserts) into newspapers.

It's a lot more work than you'd expect.

I actually work at a newspaper delivery company, both commercial and residential, and I know your father's pain. It's a shitty job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

my older brother took my fucking towel

he didn't even bother to wake me up and ask me, nooo, he just took it without a second thought, back to his house on the other side of town

Aw, but you're an otter! You'll have to stay in the water, or just wriggle and shake yourself dry, like all the other otters.

~

Here: I hate when people suddenly want to chat on Discord, and then, it's like they go into a coma, because they're doing 10 other things, and suddenly, it's like talking to a brick wall, and they don't have the social skills to say they're busy, 'bye, we'll talk later', especially after being the ones to initiate the damn conversation, in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Aw, but you're an otter! You'll have to stay in the water, or just wriggle and shake yourself dry, like all the other otters.

~

Here: I hate when people suddenly want to chat on Discord, and then, it's like they go into a coma, because they're doing 10 other things, and suddenly, it's like talking to a brick wall, and they don't have the social skills to say they're busy, 'bye, we'll talk later', especially after being the ones to initiate the damn conversation, in the first place.

But I need to be very clean and dry 0:

Also, I understand the second part, people used to do that me all the time on Skype! (Also if you want to chat on Discord, shoot m a PM :0)

9 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

But I need to be very clean and dry 0:

Also, I understand the second part, people used to do that me all the time on Skype! (Also if you want to chat on Discord, shoot m a PM :0)

Well, looks like you'll have to drip dry! But sure, I'll send ya a message on Discord sometime. I'm kinda brain-dead tonight, from going out last night till the wee hours of the morning. But yeah, it is annoying when people do that! It almost makes me anxious to use Discord and Skype, because its as if I'm not sure they're really even there, or listening. I get this on pretty much any chat kind of site...odd, I love to gab on the phone, and have pretty much zero anxiety about that...though I have a fear of voice chat, on Discord! I wonder if anyone else gets this same 'computer chat' anxiety.

• Like 1

How some of the electronic components I've got have numbers that are tiny, smudged, faint or a combination of those. My eyes don't have a zoom and enhance function.

Lack of manufacturer logos on some gets annoying as well but is less so if the component is identical between many companies.  

So, in reference to that broken cell phone, I bought a part for it for $70. The part didn't work (or, maybe more is broken on the phone, however I was able to get the phone to respond to my touch at least).

Now this idiot is telling me he can refund it for a percentage of the sales price. He emailed me an offer of 60%. Then 70%. Now 80%. I'm fine with having $5 or maybe $10 removed for shipping costs. But this guy's a slimeball. The funny thing is, all the offers are coming over official Ebay email, so they can see that shit as well. I'm wondering if I can report him, but I have to wait until the 18th to have ebay step in. This website's gone down the damn shitter. And there are no other sales sites for selling one individual or unique item.

The paypal also states a Chinese (or possibly other asian?) name, the dude's in Southern California, and his english is shit. Which is pretty much how it went with my previous return with ebay and also a return with a rechargeable fan through Amazon. People who speak bad english, are probably Chinese, and are hard to get returns from. I assume they come over here and get the products sent directly from the Chinese shops to them cheaply and then sell that shit online. Eh. Probably communist but exploiting the capitalist system... nice.

I hate seeing middle aged people (or older) working fast food as anything but a manager because they always look so crushed and defeated; even though they put on a fake smile, you can see it in their eyes. It just depresses me.

• Like 6

On 4/14/2017 at 9:19 PM, Fossa-Boy said:

Well, looks like you'll have to drip dry! But sure, I'll send ya a message on Discord sometime. I'm kinda brain-dead tonight, from going out last night till the wee hours of the morning. But yeah, it is annoying when people do that! It almost makes me anxious to use Discord and Skype, because its as if I'm not sure they're really even there, or listening. I get this on pretty much any chat kind of site...odd, I love to gab on the phone, and have pretty much zero anxiety about that...though I have a fear of voice chat, on Discord! I wonder if anyone else gets this same 'computer chat' anxiety.

i disappear in my chats pretty frequently, depending on the quality of the conversation in question.  if it's nothing serious, not much being said, etc, i won't think twice about going off to do other things.  if the other person seems legit invested, then i'll say something before i leave.  otherwise, i tend to take text-chat about the same as using a message board or text messages: you leave the message there for the other person to read, and to respond whenever they see it and vice versa. 

that said, if it's like a "real" conversation, that's a little different.  i mean, if replies are only a few seconds apart and then suddenly cease on one end with no explanation, yeah.  that's pretty rude.  it's not hard to say "i need to go do xyz" or put on your busy signal or something. 

but well, if it's just a bunch of monosyllables and showing this random thing i found on the internet, feel free to vanish imho

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gator said:

i disappear in my chats pretty frequently, depending on the quality of the conversation in question.  if it's nothing serious, not much being said, etc, i won't think twice about going off to do other things.  if the other person seems legit invested, then i'll say something before i leave.  otherwise, i tend to take text-chat about the same as using a message board or text messages: you leave the message there for the other person to read, and to respond whenever they see it and vice versa. 

that said, if it's like a "real" conversation, that's a little different.  i mean, if replies are only a few seconds apart and then suddenly cease on one end with no explanation, yeah.  that's pretty rude.  it's not hard to say "i need to go do xyz" or put on your busy signal or something. 

but well, if it's just a bunch of monosyllables and showing this random thing i found on the internet, feel free to vanish imho

Oh god I feel bad now because I have a terrible habit of being distracted and accidentally leaving the person I talk to alone.

As I see more people continuously repeat the same bullshit, I begin to lose my patience and allow that inner demon I've been trying so long to keep under control let loose. I can no longer stand people - but I still have to fulfill my social needs, which is why completely cutting these people off can be social suicide. All they do is add more stress to my life, without adding anything constructive to it. I mean, if you don't like me, and you never did like me, why didn't you say anything that entire time? Are they for some reason afraid of me?(I do have violent outbreaks from time to time, but I'd rather take it out on an inanimate object than a human being). Is it because I don't like to participate in the same nonsense they do on a regular basis (as in, underage drinking, joining in in their quest for the tightest pussy imaginable, or being an asshole to anyone they don't like). Or is it because they despised every inch, nook and cranny of my existence and wanted to avoid it altogether? Maybe I was too excitable. Maybe I was too soft: too sensitive.

The simple answer just might be that we were always incompatible. Still, I don't need these type of people in my life, but who else do I look towards?

It drives me mad.

Posts asking for donations that start with something like "I'm a trans [gender]" / "[sexuality]" / "[race]" / etc.

Unless the donations refer SPECIFICALLY to something that has to do with that attribute, that is hard to acquire otherwise (eg: "I am a trans man and I want help getting a binder"), I hate that this is the "new" pitybait method.
Why do I need to know you're gay if you want food?
Why do I need to know you're trans if you want money to pay your rent?
What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

Don't use your identity as a means to play oppression olympics for free shit.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

my world lit class

Aw, why's that? What are ya reading? I loved world lit classes in college, but hated the one I had in High-school, because it was 80% Shakespeare...and I wanted more variety, plus, the teacher was really pompous.

12 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Aw, why's that? What are ya reading? I loved world lit classes in college, but hated the one I had in High-school, because it was 80% Shakespeare...and I wanted more variety, plus, the teacher was really pompous.

The professor is just blah, and this research paper is blahhhh, and why do I need world lit to be a business studenttttt *whine whine whine complain about bullshit no one cares about*

The story I'm doing my paper over is The Heptameron by Marguerite de Navarre, a French noblewoman, politician, and author.

7 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

The professor is just blah, and this research paper is blahhhh, and why do I need world lit to be a business studenttttt *whine whine whine complain about bullshit no one cares about*

The story I'm doing my paper over is The Heptameron by Marguerite de Navarre, a French noblewoman, politician, and author.

Aw, it could be worse! She could make you read The Magic Mountain, by Thomas Mann...some 700 dense pages of people hacking, coughing and sometimes dying, set in a tuberculosis sanitarium, in the Swiss Alps. (Strangely, I really liked it.)

Have not heard of Marguerite de Navarre, but good luck, there!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Aw, it could be worse! She could make you read The Magic Mountain, by Thomas Mann...some 700 dense pages of people hacking, coughing and sometimes dying, set in a tuberculosis sanitarium, in the Swiss Alps. (Strangely, I really liked it.)

Have not heard of Marguerite de Navarre, but good luck, there!

That book sounds more like someone going on a terrible, TERRIBLE acid trip for 700 pages.

I've never been one to really enjoy reading for work, I'm a pleasure reader.

On 4/11/2017 at 2:41 AM, DrDingo said:

Finding and removing logical errors in code

Please just fucking stab me
Jesus Christ this is terrible

Give concurrency a try. I'm sure you'll love finding the logical errors when you have several threads of execution stepping on each other's toes in very subtle and hard to detect ways.

On topic: The W3C.

• Like 2

People bringing their dogs to grooming as a substitute for seeing a vet.

I'm a professional, but I'm not a doctor. If you think there's something wrong with your pet, please take it to the vet. Been having a spurt of that at work lately, and it's driving me up a goddamn wall.