Disney...just focus on new shit, please?

DevilishlyHandsome49

5 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

They've already made a statement saying their focus is going to be on new stuff as soon as they are done fuckin up classics

Thats gonna take tooo long. Cancel the plans! >:c

5 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

lol who cares?

This shit is literally for small children lmao.

lol who cares?

This shit is literally for small children lmao.

I care damn you.... *sniffs* I care :c

Lmao

Please no.

The Lion King is one of my most beloved Disney films. While Disney's live action films aren't bad, they don't hold a candle to their animated works in my opinion, and there's something beautiful and magical about animation in general to where I doubt a live action film could evoke the same feelings the original film did. It certainly wouldn't be as pleasing to the eye for me.

• Like 2

I thought they already kind of did that with the Broadway musical?

Either way, doesn't really affect me to any capacity.
Just like Lion Guard (which I don't consider canon anyway).

It's fiction, dude.
Pick and choose what canon you wanna accept.

44 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

after which we'll probably see Aladdin or Tarzan. 

Oh yes, yes, YES, I'd love to see these adaptations

Lion King... Eh, I don't know. Could be something interesting or a huge flop considering the nature of the movie involving only (talking) animals

9 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

lol who cares?

This shit is literally for small children lmao

Anyone who grew up in 90s have probably seen The Lion King as a child, who now as adults will likely go and see the new adaptation of The Lion King for the sake of nostalgia or curiosity. That is quite many people who do care, including me

6 hours ago, Vae said:

Either way, doesn't really affect me to any capacity.
Just like Lion Guard (which I don't consider canon anyway).

It's fiction, dude.
Pick and choose what canon you wanna accept.

NO!

THE CANON OF THE LION KING IS VERY IMPORTANT AND 100% SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

• Like 2

The BFG coming out is one Im excited for actually :< I dont know how much justice they'll do Roald Dahl's books but I was rather fond of the Charlie/Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory movies. I really also liked Zootopia, Wall-E, Inside out, Tangled, the princess and the frog, and a lot of their movies that are less popular but highly original.

I still kind of want to see Finding Dory, the Good Dinosaur, Petes dragon...stuff and things

Im dissapointed in the obnoxious remakes, though. Pretty sure Frozen 2 is pandering to little girls everywhere and even though Frozen wasnt the best movie it was decent at best and I hope they dont sell out on that one. Same thing with Toy Story they wont let it go.

IDK man, Disney can sell out sometimes but sometimes they make good shit, I have a soft spot for that company cuz muh chilehudz.

Besides, the arts and animation industry is exploding with growing interests from artists and animators running in the background, Im waiting for the days new waves of good movies/franchises pop up because they hired good people to make them

16 hours ago, Vae said:

The broadway musical, despite not having watched but glimpsed it, is actually very much a good work of art in itself and for once is a very good adaptation, I appreciate it so much. I think Wicked is the same way

16 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

We shouldn't rush to be upset, we don't know the facts yet, Simba could still be hot

No...dont you see? Thats a dangerously slippery slope into bestiality, furries are already hot for lion kings characters do you know how fucked up the new generation will be? 

hot_kovu____by_akihannah-d3g78gy.jpg

tumblr_lxe3xpKVkl1r1uuc8o1_500.jpg

:v

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

The BFG coming out is one Im excited for actually :< I dont know how much justice they'll do Roald Dahl's books but I was rather fond of the Charlie/Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory movies.

It got middling-good reviews here in the UK, with most reviewers agreeing that despite a distinct lack of threat, it was faithful to the original material in spirit. I'm waiting for the DVD.

I approve of Disney attempting new takes on old classics, but I do agree that they ought not get too bogged down in it.

I'm fairly certain they won't, though.

12 hours ago, Gator said:

imagine: some years in the future, people talking about "the lion king" and other classics you grew up with will actually be talking about live-action/CGI movies and have no idea the originals even existed.

Many people don't know that things like Scarface and The Thing are remakes of popular films with new technology, so that isn't actually so far off.

That makes it even scarier.

6 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Disney, re-release of Song of the South when?

About the time it would be socially acceptable to release a movie about a Jewish survivor of the Holocaust in post-war Germany happily singing songs and telling Jewish folk-tales to the child of an ex-Nazi official and the child of a family that supported the party with absolutely no mention of the war, what happened to the Jews, or actual post-war attitudes.

Realistically: Never

• Like 1

On one hand, that it can bring in a new audience, expand on its story, and fix potholes left in the past movies. On the other, it has a chance to damn the past franchise by ruining its story.

Anyways, It's Shakespeare with fuzzy animals. It's not like Shakespeare has never been done over and over again.

2 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

:(

Some of the songs and stories in it are really good. They might be convinced to do a remake someday - probably never a re-release - but it wouldn't look so kindly back at the post-war South and it would be clearly set after the Civil War.

A re-release would just embarrass them, and Disney likes their image. Sad fact, but it is what it is.

Speaking of, remake Songs of the South, please. If they could do it right, Disney would get some great praise for doing so, and we'd get a new version of Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah. The dog looking at the animated characters wouldn't be quite so amazing, but it would be cool.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

Hey man, Maybe OP love Lion king so much that he wants to whip out his dick and bukkake Simba when ever he's on screen.

But anyways, I though Pixar was doing all of Disney's shit for movies and whatnot.

@DevilishlyHandsome49 Dont lie man u kno he on point

17 hours ago, Gator said:

imagine: some years in the future, people talking about "the lion king" and other classics you grew up with will actually be talking about live-action/CGI movies and have no idea the originals even existed.

enjoy your nightmares

tumblr_majj2lt5jA1r3b60go1_500.gif

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

@DevilishlyHandsome49 Dont lie man u kno he on point

No, he's not on point...

...replace Simba with Kovu >.>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalletFace said:

Some of the songs and stories in it are really good. They might be convinced to do a remake someday - probably never a re-release - but it wouldn't look so kindly back at the post-war South and it would be clearly set after the Civil War.

A re-release would just embarrass them, and Disney likes their image. Sad fact, but it is what it is.

Speaking of, remake Songs of the South, please. If they could do it right, Disney would get some great praise for doing so, and we'd get a new version of Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah. The dog looking at the animated characters wouldn't be quite so amazing, but it would be cool.

No. No remake. Bad. Bad idea. Bad. I'd like to keep Song of the South out of the remake pile, please and thank you.

On 9/28/2016 at 7:31 PM, #00Buck said:

They should make a movie where all the princesses are covered in glue. 

And then, decapitated. If there's one thing I loathe, it's Disney Princesses, and the whole 'Princess' mythos that's being foisted on girls by armies of scheming marketers, whom I'd also like to decapitate. Along with the princes.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

No. No remake. Bad. Bad idea. Bad. I'd like to keep Song of the South out of the remake pile, please and thank you.

To be fair most people don't really know that Song of the South even exists. So it's not really the best choice for a rerelease or a remake.

2 minutes ago, Sutekh_the_Steak said:

To be fair most people don't really know that Song of the South even exists. So it's not really the best choice for a rerelease or a remake.

The most popular remakes are remakes of ones few people know about or that weren't that good. There are a whole bunch of movies from the '20s to '50s that are nearly impossible to find because of how popular the reworks and remakes from the '70s forward were.

Many Americans can instantly identify Scarface (1983) and Al Pacino, but few can identify Scarface (1932) and Paul Muni, and huge numbers of Buster Keaton films like Seven Chances (1925) are nearly impossible to find while remakes and reworks like The Bachelor (1999) still make money on DVD sales.

Most remakes are actually at least decent, and the few that aren't stand out. That's part of the reason I'm okay with Disney remaking whatever it wants. Many of its "original" films were basically reworks or remakes anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

On one hand, that it can bring in a new audience, expand on its story, and fix potholes left in the past movies. On the other, it has a chance to damn the past franchise by ruining its story.

Anyways, It's Shakespeare with fuzzy animals. It's not like Shakespeare has never been done over and over again.

I don't remember the version of Hamlet where everyone had cutie marks and magical Denmark powers.

• Like 1

I believe I've found the decision-making document for movies made by Disney and other big studios.

Brief: We've got a 200 million dollar budget to push out another movie, and 100 million dollars to promote it. Management and share holders are breathing down our backs.

Options

-Take a chance on something new

-Play it safe

There ya go ^__^