General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

7 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Wat :^)

is (^:

thiiiiiiiiiis :v)

Linear Algebra

You'd think a class with algebra in its name would be easy but noooo

Its all doing math using matrices. Basically you take those equations and make a matrix out of them, and then turn that matrix into this format by adding or multiplying different parts of the matrix together and making them equal themselves:

[1, *, *, *]
[0, 1, *, *]
[0, 0, 1, *]

Once you have this, you can use the given equations to find the answer since the final row and column will always be equal to itself. Its a mess. In theory its not too hard but it leaves a lot of room for error.

I don't really know why the answer to that problem was no solution, but after working for an hour on it I don't really care to find out. Not right now anyways. I'm tired. :/

3 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Linear Algebra

Its all doing math using matrices. Basically you take those equations and make a matrix out of them, and then turn that matrix into this format by adding or multiplying different parts of the matrix together and making them equal themselves:

[1, *, *, *]
[0, 1, *, *]
[0, 0, 1, *]

Once you have this, you can use the given equations to find the answer since the final row and column will always be equal to itself.

@-@

21 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

>spend hour on math problem only to get it wrong

>decide to pick answers at random

>the correct answer was "No Solution"

rage.gif

19 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Math! \:3/

Fucking hate this subject...

>tfw your major requires a lot of math

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Linear Algebra

[1, *, *, *]
[0, 1, *, *]
[0, 0, 1, *]

Once you have this, you can use the given equations to find the answer since the final row and column will always be equal to itself. Its a mess. In theory its not too hard but it leaves a lot of room for error.

I don't really know why the answer to that problem was no solution, but after working for an hour on it I don't really care to find out. Not right now anyways. I'm tired. :/

Speaking of matrix calculations, I'm eager to learn gaussian eliminations. It sounds nice and challenging and above all, useful. I hope my maths professor teaches it next week since we're talking of multiple functions/equations and finding their variables, but I fear he might not and instead goes for a lazy, less interesting method :/

NVM, that was easy to teach oneself. Thanks wikipedia.

Have been taking a new liking to Expressionist art as of late, after a few museum visits; discovered a painter I have never heard of, but would like to see more of, Marianne von Werefkin: (painting from about 1906-1936)

5.werefkin.jpeg

6.werefkin.jpeg

Reminds me a bit of Munch; these works are a bit more bold than many; curious as to where to find her works.

• Like 3

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth getting the larger "medium" Wacom Intuos tablet. I currently use an old Bamboo, but my art is becoming increasingly digital.

The plan is to dedicate an old 2010 Mac Mini and 24" display exclusively for drawing duty. It will run CS4 Photoshop (I hate Adobe's current subscription model), and remain off the network to avoid performance degradation from updates and whatnot. The tablet will be used with this system.

I wouldn't say it's an automatic assumption that everyone in the fandom is gay, but last time I checked about 40-50% of guys identified as bi/gay/pan or something along those lines. So you've got about a 50/50 shot of being right. A hell of a lot better chance than in just about any other situation in real life.

My cat was in the sink when I went to brush my teeth, a less noble person would have just turned it on instead of moving said cat

...also I turned the tap on only slighly so she got close to the tiny stream and played with it with her paw, it was cute.

Both cats also seem incredibly fascinated by watching the art of dishwashing as well, it seems.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2017 at 9:16 PM, Battlechili said:

Linear Algebra

[1, *, *, *]
[0, 1, *, *]
[0, 0, 1, *]

Cramer's rule! There's no solution because there aren't enough terms in the first equation.

The rule itself is useless, but there are some other tricks to simplify things further. I learned it before highschool because my textbooks were from the 50's.

23 minutes ago, Mayonnaise said:

And here I thought that hotel raids were bad enough. Fighting extremism my ass.

I'm all for laws that give gay people more rights than straight folks. Hopefully this trend will continue, and Malaysia will become a primarily homosexual country.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

df8ac98a900da25238b759b074afd9c4.png

Yea, screw nameless quotes, the only person they're quoting is Hitler!

God damnit!  I should edit that.

1 hour ago, SirRob said:

I'm all for laws that give gay people more rights than straight folks. Hopefully this trend will continue, and Malaysia will become a primarily homosexual country.

I didn't see that silver lining. Thank you for opening my eyes.

2 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

what

what is Malaysia

Malaysia is an Islam. They do not like our homofaggotry. 

So, I dreamed of posting.

I dreamed I posted in an introduction thread and a guy me free art of my murrsona getting jiggy with a muskrat.

What has happened to me?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

what

what is Malaysia

It's kind of like Alabama or Mississippi, but hotter, though with many similar laws, or ones they would like to have similar, if they were not part of the US, so they stomp their feet, wave funny flags, and quote this book they call a 'Bible' a lot. This and surrounding states  are our own personal Malaysia, so there is no need to really go all that distance, unless you are already closer.

~

At 7-11, I bought a Blueberry Lemonade 7-11 brand soda, 'crafted by Jones', so the label proclaims, and it was indeed a tasty, fizzy refreshment.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mayonnaise said:

"Unmarried Couples Riding On Motorcycles Together Will Be Detained By Authorities"

And here I thought that hotel raids were bad enough. Fighting extremism my ass.

Islam. Taking over the world, as soon as Christianity is done taking over the world.   Actually screw that, Xtians have already taken over the world during the colonization and imperial days of hundreds of years ago. The Muslims are just trying to take over the parts the Xtians have already conquered.

They'll just cockfight at each other like they're doing in the middle east right now, and occasionally in European cities.

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

Islam. Taking over the world, as soon as Christianity is done taking over the world.   Actually screw that, Xtians have already taken over the world during the colonization and imperial days of hundreds of years ago. The Muslims are just trying to take over the parts the Xtians have already conquered.

They'll just cockfight at each other like they're doing in the middle east right now, and occasionally in European cities.

Do you actually think that Christianity today is in any way comparable to Islam? It's been a very long time since any organized group of Christians threw gay men off buildings or shot up a theatre full of people.

And how exactly are Christians causing trouble in the middle East? The last time I checked Christians are a persecuted minority facing genocide over there. 

Btw, I don't believe in god, but I do believe that false equivalencies are a very real thing.

• Like 1

Woke up in the middle of night to low blood sugars levels again. This is fourth time in a row.  Having your sleep session fragmented because you have to sneak into kitchen to get something to eat to raise blood sugar levels sucks. 

(For reference, I am Diabetic) 

• Vae pinned this topic