General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

I dont understand vegans they do not eat meat but they eat vegetable. But vegetables also have lives and feelings. Why in the hell They only care about animals but forget about weeds and vegetables that are abused everyday.

stop-killing-vegetables-vegetarians-viol

5478656923_5b06c2be82.jpg

*bracing for vegan attack*

8 minutes ago, Sergalus said:

I dont understand vegans they do not eat meat but they eat vegetable. But vegetables also have lives and feelings. Why in the hell They only care about animals but forget about weeds and vegetables that are abused everyday.

5478656923_5b06c2be82.jpg

Probably because vegetation is significantly less like animated species which contain traits we do and are therefore more relatable. You can see and hear the pain of a dog or cat or chicken, but a plants response to harmful stimuli can only be detected through scientific rec9rding of information. 

Plants feel to, its not comparable in the same way humans and animals feel but living things do indeed react. But besides that they do have the capability to regenerate, especially when it helps benefit other organisms that benefit them in a mutual relationship.

I know that isnt a serious question but theres your serious answer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergalus said:

[SNIP] 

We need to arrange a campaign advocating for the rights vegetables. That way, we can finally move on to living on astral energy alone :v

#Vegetablelivesmatter

• Like 1

Yaaay I finally asked that thing I was too nervous/embarrassed to do and hopefully all goes well.

And in the process, restored my faith in some people a bit.

And this is a very vague post.

But it's not what it looks like.

Unless it is.

In which case it is.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kinharia said:

This is a post. A post of posting

But is a shitpost?

In other news, I have discovered that it is indeed possible to have a nightmare about not being able to press the brake pedal or gas pedal because you're too light/no muscle.

Frankly the entire dream was sort of embarrassing and funny, but I have no idea why it occurred, because I haven't even practiced driving yet. .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Whelp! I'm driving to LAX to hop on flight to China n then Thailand.

werewolf-car-blog.jpglatest?cb=20151103183900

I am not looking forward to that 15 hour flight. Ugh

Peace y'all. I'll be sure to enrich your lives with werewolf shit posting again when I return. <;

Have a safe trip.

• Like 3

Friend messages me:

Friend: Hey, wanna play a game?

Me: Sure

Friend: Just help me finish this little thing up

proceeds to go on a long speech about how something works that I don't need to know, nor understand

Friend: Wanna actually play now?

Me: Yea of course!

Friend proceeds to Google suicide rate by country

I feel like this is getting weird.

23 minutes ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Friend messages me:

Friend: Hey, wanna play a game?

Me: Sure

Friend: Just help me finish this little thing up

proceeds to go on a long speech about how something works that I don't need to know, nor understand

Friend: Wanna actually play now?

Me: Yea of course!

Friend proceeds to Google suicide rate by country

I feel like this is getting weird.

what

12 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Anybody read the latest that Donald believes Barack Obama is spying on him?

Like, no really; I shit you not: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39167110

Yep, saw this in the NYT and WaPo this morning. The orange one is already unhinged, paranoid and 70; one can only imagine the additive effects of old age upon his already delicate psyche. I've tended to think that maybe his undoing will be a mental collapse into a wholly delusional stupor, and have to be removed from office on a stretcher, and taken away to Happy Hills by the men in white coats.

11 hours ago, Chrysocyon said:

Today for breakfast I had two eggs over easy, two slices of thick-cut bacon, a slice of toast, an apple, a fruit smoothie, some crackers, a bowl of cereal...

I'm not sure where it's all fitting at this point.

wow carbs

but for real tho

ravioli ravioli give me the baconoli

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

Keyboard cleaning day

20170306_200046.jpg

20170306_200110.jpg

Yes, that's all the dirt, dust and hair found INSIDE the keyboard. The previous owner must have never cleansed it >.<

Knowing how dirty my keyboards get, I don't think I could ever use a second hand one outside of like, school or work.

On 3/4/2017 at 9:01 PM, Saxon said:

Anybody read the latest that Donald believes Barack Obama is spying on him?

Like, no really; I shit you not: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39167110

I don't get it why so many conservative white men are so damn paranoid. "The brown skinned people are out to get us. Protect us government!"

It's not even just old people, I've seen middle aged people afraid of the USA or Europe being taken over by muslims or hispanics or something. "Soon there will be more of them than us! Soon our language and culture will be gone! Everyone's out to get us! We'll become a primitive savage country like the place they came from. BE AFRAID!"

In fact, I may have hit it on the nail... maybe it's because they view people from Latin America or Muslim nations as being inferior, savage, and culturally primitive.

6 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I don't get it why so many conservative white men are so damn paranoid. "The brown skinned people are out to get us. Protect us government!"

It's not even just old people, I've seen middle aged people afraid of the USA or Europe being taken over by muslims or hispanics or something. "Soon there will be more of them than us! Soon our language and culture will be gone! Everyone's out to get us! We'll become a primitive savage country like the place they came from. BE AFRAID!"

In fact, I may have hit it on the nail... maybe it's because they view people from Latin America or Muslim nations as being inferior, savage, and culturally primitive.

Unfortunately it's women too; I regret to say my grandmother tried to convince me that mixing of the races would result in a higher incidence of murders. :\ Another woman in my life supported Brexit because she was 'tired of seeing so many Chinese people in the shops' (as if migration from East Asia is anything to do with EU membership).

The bizarre thing about this is, if I fell in love with a Chinese woman and started a family, I bet neither of them would actually have any problem with it.

20 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Great... now the .gif argument has bubbled up in the office again too -_-

When I brought it up with my coworkers, they didn't seem to care. The general consensus was that file extensions are more of a visual thing. We rarely say them out loud, and people know what we're talking about when we do, so either way is acceptable. This is from a bunch of IT guys who can be incredibly opinionated about other things. Go figure.

• Like 2

Decided to watch a video with Neil deGrasse Tyson and he just credited the invention of penicillin to Louis Pasteur. That was the guy who invented sterilising milk and came up with the idea of vaccination. Fleming discovered penicillin and it was made commercially viable by Chain and Florey.

...Why didn't they reshoot or edit the video? They must have spotted it before uploading. :\ I guess at least it shows that the video was unscripted?

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

...Why didn't they reshoot or edit the video? They must have spotted it before uploading. :\ I guess at least it shows that the video was unscripted?

Pasteur discovered a strain of mold that attacked Anthrax. To my knowledge he didn't formally identify the mold, but that might have been what Tyson was referring to.

Watching one of the anchors from the biggest Fake News network on the planet argue horribly with Bill Nye about climate change, and do a shit job of it.

The fact of the matter is, climate normally changes along the span of thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or millions of years. In other words, very slowly and in a long span of time. The only time it changes abruptly is due to violent change, like a meteor or lots of volcanoes going off.

Our climate has changed so fast and so significantly in the span of a few hundred years at best, that it's like one of those sudden changes.

11 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Watching one of the anchors from the biggest Fake News network on the planet argue horribly with Bill Nye about climate change, and do a shit job of it.

The fact of the matter is, climate normally changes along the span of thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or millions of years. In other words, very slowly and in a long span of time. The only time it changes abruptly is due to violent change, like a meteor or lots of volcanoes going off.

Our climate has changed so fast and so significantly in the span of a few hundred years at best, that it's like one of those sudden changes.

Tucker accuses scientists of shouting down dissenters before repeatedly shouting 'the answers are unknowable' at Bill Nye for the rest of the interview. :\

If anyone is interested there are recorded examples of rapid climate change in the past. For example at the tail-end of the last ice age there were brief returns to glacial-like conditions with the majority of the change occurring in as little as 70 years. Examples of relatively rapid change include the 8.2Kya event, which was a brief return to glacial-like conditions in the Northern Hemisphere probably due to catastrophic collapse of the Laurentide ice sheet releasing fresh water into the Nordic seas and hence shutting off the Atlantic heat conveyor belt because Northern water became too fresh to sink and complete the circulation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.2_kiloyear_event

Other relatively rapid oscillations in climate include the Bolling-Allerod oscillations between Dryas cold events, which were probably caused by rapid reorganisations to the global ocean circulation. The Bolling-Allerod oscillation, (Occurring on a centennial scale about 14ky ago), is especially interesting because the N an S hemispheric responses were decoupled from one another, like a see-saw.

These events in the past are concerning, because they suggest that if Human activity changes the climate sufficiently a rapid reorganisation of the climate system could occur within the span of a human life time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saxon said:

These events in the past are concerning, because they suggest that if Human activity changes the climate sufficiently a rapid reorganisation of the climate system could occur within the span of a human life time.

What would such rapid change mean for Europe if for example the Gulf Stream was suddenly shut down or it slowed down/changed its course? 

• Vae pinned this topic