General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

I never really thought about it before but Quake 2 had some hilariously bad weapon designs. Could be excused by rule of cool I guess but still.

The Hyperblaster is probably the worst: it's one of the few guns that has any sights at all, but the rear aperture is obscured by the carry handle and the front sight post is mounted on the front -- THE PART THAT SPINS WHILE YOU SHOOT.

4 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

I never really thought about it before but Quake 2 had some hilariously bad weapon designs. Could be excused by rule of cool I guess but still.

The Hyperblaster is probably the worst: it's one of the few guns that has any sights at all, but the rear aperture is obscured by the carry handle and the front sight post is mounted on the front -- THE PART THAT SPINS WHILE YOU SHOOT.

Bullets flying everywhereXD

SNOWPOCALYPSE 2018

0116181057-00.thumb.jpg.1f74291fde66363c6fa101363979c4c4.jpg

A whole inch and a half of snow, with tonight's low forecast at 12F. This being Texas and snow being a story told to frighten children, government buildings and banks across the whole region are closed.

And then the high temperature for Saturday is 66F.

There's a saying about the weather in East Texas: "Don't like it? wait a minute, it'll change."

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Astus said:

Is it just me or is this forum pretty much dead? O.o or is everyone hanging out in the 18+ section?

One forum I visit only has two regulars (me and someone else) and we only post like once a week.

This forum is still kicking for now, but it definitely needs some life breathed into it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

One forum I visit only has two regulars (me and someone else) and we only post like once a week.

This forum is still kicking for now, but it definitely needs some life breathed into it.

The forum is dying slowly. Attrition will wear away the active user count until a desiccated corpse remains to be picked over by the crows.

Until then we can at least enjoy fine art ;33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Dunkey <3 <3

So last week a meteor exploded over Detroit. Sadly, it did not put the area out of its misery.

Doesn't seem like much but either the sonic boom or the explosion shockwave caused houses to shake in certain areas, and the flash was seen as far as Pittsburg and Chicago. Doppler radar picked up the debris falling down, and using that people have actually found fragments of it on the ground. Pretty nifty.

Of course, the conspiracy theorists believe it was actually a test of the giant laser cannon NASA has in orbit. Of course it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.3.2017 at 3:08 AM, Toshabi said:

You forgot the part where its okay to bash Christianity but not okay to bash Islam. But Saxon knows that, that's why he has to resort to only making fun of the white people religion*.

*White people religion- religion assumed to only be for white people by most liberal politcal fisty-bumpers. i.e.- Christianity

In what world do you live? Militant atheists have long ago stopped so much as mentioning Christianity. The "skeptics" who started their careers bashing creationists all have become anti-SJW reactionaries who focus solely on Islamophobic fearmongering. In the meantime US Evangelicals or European Catholics merrily torture homosexuals with electroshock therapy, murder young girls by refusing to abort their abnormal fatal pregnancies and deny basic civil rights to trans people, without a peep from them (if they don't actively cheer these activities).

2 hours ago, EXA said:

In what world do you live? Militant atheists have long ago stopped so much as mentioning Christianity. The "skeptics" who started their careers bashing creationists all have become anti-SJW reactionaries who focus solely on Islamophobic fearmongering. In the meantime US Evangelicals or European Catholics merrily torture homosexuals with electroshock therapy, murder young girls by refusing to abort their abnormal fatal pregnancies and deny basic civil rights to trans people, without a peep from them (if they don't actively cheer these activities).

User's account is less than a year old and somehow the only posts they've made have been responses to posts that are more than a year old

Not suspicious at all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willow said:

User's account is less than a year old and somehow the only posts they've made have been responses to posts that are more than a year old

Not suspicious at all

Nevermind the buzzword bingo, stereotypical strawman-ing, and so on. Do people not have better things to do with their time?

• Like 2

Yeah, you arrived kind of late I'm sorry to say. It used to be a lot faster, but a lot of people eventually stopped coming, and since this place isn't advertised anywhere, it loses members faster than it gains them.

I'm actually surprised you found this place; with no advertising, its not like anyone's talking about this place anywhere. How did you find out about it? 

10 minutes ago, Tsuujou said:

Most of us shoved off into Discord which is infinitely superior.

Eh.

I miss the days when forums were king. I like that degree of permanency that comes with forums, and how neatly organised everything can be. Now it's just chat groups, chat groups, chat groups! which is honestly pretty off-putting when you like to sit down and actually think about what you like to say before you say it, especially when things become really popular. Replying to something a few hours or even a day or so late is alright on forums. On chat groups, even a few minutes can be too late.

• Like 5

Chat programs aren't adequate replacements for forums for the above reason outlined

Plus chat services typically makes obtaining newcomers and meeting new people harder, and it leaves things less open for new ideas, as they'll typically be a tightly nit group of close friends. I like forums. I find chat services to be secondary and lesser tools of communication.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaosCalix said:

Eh.

I miss the days when forums were king. I like that degree of permanency that comes with forums, and how neatly organised everything can be. Now it's just chat groups, chat groups, chat groups! which is honestly pretty off-putting when you like to sit down and actually think about what you like to say before you say it, especially when things become really popular. Replying to something a few hours or even a day or so late is alright on forums. On chat groups, even a few minutes can be too late.

I'm sure people will keep coming back to forums, as at the end of the day they provide a calmer, more sophisticated break from the edginess and dizzying speed of Discord for instance.

Forums and chats serve different purposes.
They both have their uses.

I don't mind the Discord chats and the application, because you can be very specific about the organization within them.
Also with who is allowed in them, to begin with, as long as they're not public invite.

12 hours ago, Elias Hills said:

a calmer, more sophisticated break from the edginess

This place had plenty of edge when I was more active, and not all that much sophistication, hah.

7 hours ago, Vae said:

Forums and chats serve different purposes.
They both have their uses.

Also, agreed on that. Chats are especially a good alternative to.. well, threads like this. They just tend to bleed past their general purpose and start to cannibalise the forum's uses too in my experience

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this was posted on youtube about the convention I'm going to.

Yea, I'm sure you're going to protest a Michigan convention from whatever nice beachfront house in... Florida? California? ... that you live in. If you're willing to get your autistic ass out of the house and actually spend the money to get to Detroit.

Also, this was the next video Youtube opened. Ah, still funny after 3 years.

10 hours ago, Tsuujou said:

Everything about this video is awful. Which seems to be the case with this entire channel, because this is the third video in row from him that's just completely and utterly shit. lmao
I keep getting recommended them. I'm not touching another. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hQSLCMp9e0

> person violates Discord's TOS
> gets reported to Discord
> "sTOp bEinG aRT NazIs!! fReEdom of SpeECh!"

Seems like standard furry logic.

• Like 1