Happy Halloween!

DrGravitas

Post assorted Halloween content here! What you're doing, planning to go as, or just random holiday-related crap like this!

Vae-GravCute_Anim.gif

(Special thanks to Vae for the non-animated edit to my initial creation)

My plans are to monitor after-hours stuff for work, maybe handout candy if nothing is going wrong, and probably duck into Dev's stream later in the evening.

• Like 6

I'll be going to work shortly, and afterwards reading for classes and writing a paper on the May Fourth Movement in China... all very spooky.

JonTron's Halloween video went up yesterday, so I'll include it here as "holiday-related crap" for anyone who hasn't seen it:

• Like 2

Probably take a nap, chat and RP with my friend, and watch some footage of the poet Anne Sexton reading that's surfaced recently. She has an amazing style, and the footage is quite haunting, in its way, and given her death, and her emotional fearlessness. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hux said:

I guess I'll spend my night loitering in dimly lit public spaces. I'm going to be a slutty doctor for Halloween this year. A spooky one.

"Who needs medical license when you've got style"

(bonus points if you know the reference)

• Like 2

Sitting on my mom's porch dressed in my renn faire pirate stuff, boots, shirt, pants, a wig and pirate bandanna, eye patch, sword.... pumpkin carved with the skull and crossbones, bucket of candy with a skull and crossbones on it as well. I wanted to do a candy box shaped like a treasure chest but only thought of it last minute and didn't have time (next year?)

Also, downloading and playing halloween music out of my computer because I forgot my good bluetooth speaker arrrrrrrrrr!!!

• Like 1

Wore a labcoat to work, put a shitty cheap temporary orange hairdye on my black hair and got a bunch of runoff on my fingers and hands, made dinner to a playlist I created (which includes songs as this is halloween, Jack's lament, Kidnap the Sandy claws, Shoot it out, let the bodies hit the floor, Animal I have become, Monster, Circus for a psyco, caught like a fly, and coming undone), 

Now Im going to the zoo where they have free candy and Im dressing up like a manchild

• Like 1

just passed out candy alone at grandma's house, so nothing crazy

002.JPG

003.JPG

i put on spooky rubber mask to answer the door, and the little hanging guy drops down and screams when you make a noise.
many people were startled, at least one toddler cried, and one child refused to walk up to the house and made his friends get his candy for him.  success imo

except for the jerk who looked in my candy bowl, said ew, and walked away.  didn't even have a costume on.  smfh

• Like 3