What are you going to do when you become a senior?

Socketosis

What are you going to do when you become a senior?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to do when you become a senior?

• Try to keep living like I always have
    • Commit suicide
    • Stop caring and go hogwild. WHOO PARTY!
    • Fufill my bucket list
    • Live out the rest of my life in a retirement home
    • Checkbox

A more interesting question is, will I be the same person when I am a senior? 30 years hence, every particle of my being will have been replaced, my mind will, presumably, have grown beyond my current understanding, even if not by as much as it has in the past 20, and I can't say that any of my friends or family would recognize me. So, if I must pause to wonder who will that future person be, how can I say what he shall do?

25 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

A more interesting question is, will I be the same person when I am a senior? 30 years hence, every particle of my being will have been replaced, my mind will, presumably, have grown beyond my current understanding, even if not by as much as it has in the past 20, and I can't say that any of my friends or family would recognize me. So, if I must pause to wonder who will that future person be, how can I say what he shall do?

At a minimum, start cashing in on all those discounts.

Maybe by that time, there will be enough old furs, that even fur cons will offer a senior discount.

• Like 1

Become a crotchety old grump yelling at children to get off my lawn and complaining to and about nurses and doctors about my various medications and health problems and their practices using me like I'm some type of lab-rat.

This might be your reality, folks! Better be good to people, because one day you will need them.

• Like 4

gonna become a pirate.  not some lazy internet pirate; i'm gonna unhitch my houseboat and float around the swamp, stealing stuff from other houseboats and laughing like this: "yar-ar-ar-ar-arr" and then when i park the house again i can yell at kids to get off me lawn, arrr except i won't really have a lawn, but i won't know because i'm fucking senile.  and i'll get away with all of it because i'm cute and old and probably gonna die soon.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gator said:

gonna become a pirate.  not some lazy internet pirate; i'm gonna unhitch my houseboat and float around the swamp, stealing stuff from other houseboats and laughing like this: "yar-ar-ar-ar-arr" and then when i park the house again i can yell at kids to get off me lawn, arrr except i won't really have a lawn, but i won't know because i'm fucking senile.  and i'll get away with all of it because i'm cute and old and probably gonna die soon.

This is probably my favorite idea. Would love to read something like that in the news.

• Like 1

Work on the things I want to, I guess. Manage whatever legacy or works I've managed to create in my life. Perpare for an orderly death and ensure whatever descendants I've hopefully had are taken care of and rightly benefit from my end with minimal hardship. That the cycle should rollover without transitional pain seems an ideal goal.

14 hours ago, Gator said:

Y'all need to contact the History Channel, and do a reality show!

If I stay on the path I'm on, I'll end up just like my pastor - becoming one almost by accident.  If not, complaining about the world, counting down the days and hoping that I'd influenced someone enougb. 

Eh. I'll suffer the same fate as the elders.