Things that you love! v2

Sar

So the one youtuber who got me into playing DCS years ago appeared on a server I was on and I tagged along his older generation jet.

To my surprise my shenanigans got caught on video and got published on his channel! When he refers to "Mirage" that's my fighter he's talking about and you can see me fly alongside him on a couple occasions from 8:14 onwards

• Like 1

I think I've come to terms with mental illnesses that I used to suffer over.

They aren't going away, and even if they did I feel like I wouldn't be the same woman. A better woman, maybe, but I am the culmination of ilnesses.

It's not all bad though, makes me quirky I suppose. Someone people somehow remember even when I desperatly wish the world would forget me.

I'm not a violent woman though, I think. I don't desire to hurt others.... but at the same time my internal pursuit of silat has left me ridiculously mentally prepared if something did happen. So I don't know how to classify that.

Also high this is sadly not a drunk or high post but it is really stupid and you should probably wipe it from your memory~

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Johanna Waya said:

Also high this is sadly not a drunk or high post but it is really stupid and you should probably wipe it from your memory~

I've often wished I could do that at will, but some things just stick. And that's OK. 

35 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

I've often wished I could do that at will, but some things just stick. And that's OK. 

I used to wish to be able to do those things, or just tune out of my body for school or work.... but once you establish that path it can easily turn into an illness of it's own.

If there is stuff that still hurts you, just let me know on skype. Hypnosis can be used to gain a solid foothold in your mind and fade those things into irrelvancy.

• Like 1

I went to Summer Slaughter and had a great time. Almost all the bands were fantastic, with legendary band Cannibal Corpse headlining at the end. The bands were a mix of death metal and death core, so the stupid core dancing was being mixed with moshing in hilarious ways. It was practically a music festival, running from 2 pm all the way to 11:30 pm. Good times were had.

Just now, 6tails said:

You've never had tomato soup? You *DO* live in Australia, yes? You guys have one of the best tomato soup recipes I've ever tasted. Heavy on herbs and garlic and onion, pureed after cooking, then topped with cream!

I need to make an inquest into making this delicious sounding soup, my family have neglected their duties. :v

The memory of that one time
the internet repair guy came over,
sat down to my old laptop,
the color drained from his face,
and he turned to me, sheepishly,
and asked me to find Internet Explorer for him
because he didn't know how to use Windows 8.
-_-

He ended up running for his own instead like a scared little kid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 6tails said:

Also, the fact that I am seriously desensitized to bitter tasting things. I can drink even the most stout and bitter IPA like it's water. I think this also contributes to my lack of a gag reflex.

Then you may be interested in this little one I learned about on my vacation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riga_Black_Balsam

http://www.latvijasbalzams.lv/en/sales/export/

I don't drink, so I don't know if it's really all that bitter but the itty-bitty bottles I brought back for my co-workers as gifts may yet inform me. At least of them have tried it, and confirmed bitterness :3

So today I left work in a pissed off mood because the AM shift lead decided to be a cunt to me for no particular reason in the last 15 minutes of my shift.

As I drove home muttering epithets about the various objects/small animals that I imagine got lodged up her nether regions, died this morning and are most likely chafing her terribly~ I decided to stop at McDonald's for breakfast. After all, I was already angry. I may as well take it out on my body.

I was greeted by a willowy young girl that looked about 16 years old who then proceeded to take my order. Me being me, I ordered a large orange juice with ice in it because I like my beverages cold and I find juice to be too sweet on its own. The ice waters it down nicely.

And the girl at the register looked like a deer in headlights. She simply could not seem to process the concept of putting ice in orange juice and stared vacantly for a moment before finally replying:

"Sir, we don't normally put ice in the orange juice."

I know. That's why I asked.

"Uhm... Ok... how?"

Put ice in the cup before you pour the orange juice?

"Right. Right. How much ice did you need?"

A quarter of the cup is fine.

-girl goes and scoops up ice, dumps some out, scoops it again until shes certain the cup is exactly 1/4 the way full with ice then brings it back to me-

"Is this enough?"

That's good.

She then pours the juice. I pay. and am now in a good mood again. I don't know why, but she was so charmingly befuddled by me asking for some ice with my orange juice, like I blew her world or something, that it just made me happy.

It's the little things in life I guess <;

• Like 6

I ran 1.6 miles. Smashed my 1.5 mile goal.

I said I was going to get a new FM transmitter (the one i used to have broke) as a reward for hitting 1.5.

I'm not seeing any change on the scale though. Still bang on 60kg. I'm DEFINITELY trimming the fat though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't seeing a difference in that way. I can't be gaining muscle weight though because I just haven't been eating enough to gain weight unless my BMR is like 300 calories or something stupid.

2 minutes ago, Jtrekkie said:

He keeps saying he loves you :V

And I did tell him, he's just doesn't hear very well/can be a little dense.

What'd you tell him? :P
Was it recently? Because you've yet to tell me until now. :0

25 minutes ago, Lopaw said:

Olives with anything

Olives are among the best foods, ever. And the trees they grow in are also very beautiful...have always wanted a few olive trees, but they only grow in a very limited climates...maybe if I retire to Sicily, or South Africa, one day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kleric said:

Van Gogh took their beauty to those in less favorable climes. They are delightful.

And myself. I deserve it. 

I do love myself, but I did not post this. This is the work of the villain Trekkie. :ph34r:

Whom I still love, but dammit Trekkie!

• Like 1

i don't usually talk too much about this sort of stuff in public, but

there's something reassuring about looking at someone and thinking about how you intend on making them a part of the rest of your life, and thinking of all the moments you'll spend being there for each other. 

especially after wanting for so long to have that. to want quiet comfort. not necessarily anything specific, just...the pure act of having someone so special there and living in a special moment.

it's sometimes been hard to enjoy the quiet when you're the only one listening to it. sometimes you need someone there to know it'll all be okay, and i can't begin to describe how much happier i am to have that.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, evan said:

i don't usually talk too much about this sort of stuff in public, but

there's something reassuring about looking at someone and thinking about how you intend on making them a part of the rest of your life, and thinking of all the moments you'll spend being there for each other. 

especially after wanting for so long to have that. to want quiet comfort. not necessarily anything specific, just...the pure act of having someone so special there and living in a special moment.

it's sometimes been hard to enjoy the quiet when you're the only one listening to it. sometimes you need someone there to know it'll all be okay, and i can't begin to describe how much happier i am to have that.

Damn, I'm lonely as fuck now.

• Like 3