Things that you hate! v2

Sar

1 minute ago, Vae said:

> Go to watch a game cutscene on Youtube.
> Person talking over it.

No. Get fucked.
I wanna hear the cutscene, not you.

This is the worst. I'm like "finally a video in decent quality of what I want" "wait nope, this has someone talking REEEEEE"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Revates said:

This is the worst. I'm like "finally a video in decent quality of what I want" "wait nope, this has someone talking REEEEEE"

I feel the same way when I'm trying to relax and watch a speedrun. Some douche's face in the corner of the screen responding to twitch chat I CANT SEE ruins everything. 

That is about as petty as I am capable of :u

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

this just gave me the mental image of a fully dissectable anatomically correct plush... open it up and it's full of plush organs and bones. good fucking luck getting them back in there in the correct order though.

I had an idea like this as a little kid, but with a kind of plus-sized gingerbread man instead of a stuffed toy.

Think of a little strawberry-flavoured gummy heart, a long sweet/sour lace for a small intestine, and some candystick/alphabet candy sort of thing for all the different bones.

You'd be able to eat it over a long time, but I imagine it'd be very expensive.

Got ejected from all the classes I have on the website my school uses, my school's spring registration is broken, and many of my grades have vanished into thin air. I wish physical gradebooks were something all instructors maintained well.

Education is so easy to mess up, but I really hate how easy it is to break one part of it and ruin the rest.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

Got ejected from all the classes I have on the website my school uses, my school's spring registration is broken, and many of my grades have vanished into thin air. I wish physical gradebooks were something all instructors maintained well.

Education is so easy to mess up, but I really hate how easy it is to break one part of it and ruin the rest.

I have had almost the same problems

Last year I had to remind various teachers at college that the grade registration system on the computers did in fact exist and the grades for the class had to be logged in there as well as marked on assignment sheets. The student facing side of it is a bit clunky to navigate but the teacher side is far worse which was compounded by how some teachers where more computer literate than others.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Someone on Instagram thought my character Kasper was gay, and suggested I make him bisexual instead. First of all, I never said he was gay. I imagined him as bisexual with a preference for men. Second, he's my character. Don't tell me what to do.

I dunno, a guy with a preference for other guys sounds kinda gay.

I have the worst damn luck when it comes to electronics. Somehow, my laptop charger for cut near the tip, and there's a tiny bit of wire sticking out. It's been charging fine, but I know that if I don't get some electrical tape or something, it'll get worse. I'm just so upset. I've tried my dang hardest to take good care of this laptop, yet it still has this weird, random issue that I had no part in. It always seems to be the charger, too. It was the charger port on my phone, it was the charger on my first laptop, it's the charger on my shit red phone, and if I don't try to fix it, it'll be the charger on this laptop.

2 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I have the worst damn luck when it comes to electronics. Somehow, my laptop charger for cut near the tip, and there's a tiny bit of wire sticking out. It's been charging fine, but I know that if I don't get some electrical tape or something, it'll get worse. I'm just so upset. I've tried my dang hardest to take good care of this laptop, yet it still has this weird, random issue that I had no part in. It always seems to be the charger, too. It was the charger port on my phone, it was the charger on my first laptop, it's the charger on my shit red phone, and if I don't try to fix it, it'll be the charger on this laptop.

Probably getting twisted or dangling off the edge of things and putting stress on the joint where the cable sheath enters the connector housing. As for the phone, it's a good idea to not use it while charging -- that's how most people end up breaking the port on their phones and tablets.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

Probably getting twisted or dangling off the edge of things and putting stress on the joint where the cable sheath enters the connector housing. As for the phone, it's a good idea to not use it while charging -- that's how most people end up breaking the port on their phones and tablets.

I don't use it when charging, I just let it charge. And I ended up fixing the cord issue with some electrical tape.

So I saw Crash Bandicoot's redesign in Skylanders today

he actually doesn't look bad aside from being rather fat-looking, but him talking is a mistake

though I still haven't gotten over Spyro's redesign

he looks like absolute pigshit

i'm positive that not even little kids like him despite never playing the original games

fucks sake, why do they have to keep him hostage like that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

So I saw Crash Bandicoot's redesign in Skylanders today

he actually doesn't look bad aside from being rather fat-looking, but him talking is a mistake

though I still haven't gotten over Spyro's redesign

he looks like absolute pigshit

i'm positive that not even little kids like him despite never playing the original games

fucks sake, why do they have to keep him hostage like that

I had to google the new spyro and WOW what the fuck have they done to him to make him look that bad

18 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I had to google the new spyro and WOW what the fuck have they done to him to make him look that bad

there's a story about that, but I'm not 100% sure if its true

Apparently Skylanders was meant to feature spyro as an old adult dragon sending the player character on an adventure, and it was called Spyro's Adventure. But Activision thought the title was dumb because it wasn't about Spyro going on an adventure so it didn't make much sense, and they saw that they should make a change somewhere. Changing the title was a good idea.
But these people are fucking idiots and instead canned the old idea, repainted the protagonist concept to purple, and gave him Spyro's name. He looks like a totally different character because he WAS a totally different character.

That might be just a rumour but it doesn't make the redesign any less atrocious. I get incremental tweaks like they did with Rayman, but you don't just reinvent and completely shit all over the design. You don't turn a sleek, upright, cartoony, agile and cool dragon into this lumpy, squat, unibrowed, failed abortion with a massive forehead.

• Like 1

_______  needs to go back to high school and take a psychology course. Basic psychology says _______ .

and

_______ needs to go back to high school and take an economics course. Basic economics says _______.

and

_______ needs to go back to high school and take a physics course. Basic physics says _______.

but really

_______  needs to go back to high school and take a _______  course. Basic _______   says _______ .

or even just

Basic [subject of study] says [simple and definite conclusion given without evidence].

If you're saying those things for anything but the simplest definitions, bud, I don't think your understanding is as deep as you think it is. Either that, or you're oversimplifying.

Edit: This happens so often that, if somebody on the forum did this recently, this isn't directed at them. I take issue with the form, not anybody that uses it.

Edited by MalletFace
clarificashuns

4 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

__Butts__  needs to go back to high school and take a psychology course. Basic psychology says ___penis____ .

and

___Ass____ needs to go back to high school and take an economics course. Basic economics says ___lol dicks____.

and

___Titties___ needs to go back to high school and take a physics course. Basic physics says ___vagina____.

but really

___Your mom____  needs to go back to high school and take a ___dildo____  course. Basic ___gay____   says ___hookers____ .

I love Mad Libs.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

_______  needs to go back to high school and take a psychology course. Basic psychology says _______ .

and

_______ needs to go back to high school and take an economics course. Basic economics says _______.

and

_______ needs to go back to high school and take a physics course. Basic physics says _______.

but really

_______  needs to go back to high school and take a _______  course. Basic _______   says _______ .

or even just

Basic [subject of study] says [simple and definite conclusion given without evidence].

If you're saying those things for anything but the simplest definitions, bud, I don't think your understanding is as deep as you think it is. Either that, or you're oversimplifying.

Edit: This happens so often that, if somebody on the forum did this recently, this isn't directed at them. I take issue with the form, not anybody that uses it.

Mount-Stupid.gif

• Like 3

People who try to "explain away" my dislike for something.
Uh, no. I can know damn well why a thing is a thing. Understanding it does not require me to like it. I understand a lot of shit I don't like or agree with.

That's the nature of independent opinion.
You're gonna inevitably run into conflict. Whoops.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Vae said:

People who try to "explain away" my dislike for something.
Uh, no. I can know damn well why a thing is a thing. Understanding it does not require me to like it. I understand a lot of shit I don't like or agree with.

Ah well, you see that's because... ;)

• Like 1

Whatever is causing the disk usage on my computer to shoot up to 100% periodically.

I have been trying to figure it out, but there are so many possibilities and it is difficult to test them when the computer is barely functional...

• Like 2

People who around bonfire night complain about fireworks being a waste of money or if they do get them, overblow the danger and think each one will risk a making crater the garden. I am certain ones gotten from supermarkets are anemic compared to ones from the many dedicated sellers.

For those wondering the UK has a real nanny state approach (compared to the US 4th of july approach) with fireworks and catagoiezes them as:

Crappy category 1 ones for indoors that are basically fancy candles, often used to light "proper" ones.

"Proper" garden ones that depending on subcategories of regs and size vary from meh to decent. Called catagory 2 by H&S nanny state sorts.

Huge category 3 ones that say they are "display" ones and to stand at least 25m away, common sense  tells you that this distance can be haved and then some.

And lastly there are category 4 ones that are actual display fireworks that joe average can't buy without a proper license.

Also in northern Ireland it seems everyone getting fireworks needs a license (that is up there  with the TV one in terms of pointlessness and PITA level) just because of the massive issues there. 

That fake, put-on cheerfulness and overall phony feeling that Trader Joe's has. Good God, it's like Stepford Wives World. I always thought that it must be a horrible place to work, and be forced to have to act that happy.

And today, vindication! The NYT had a story on just that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/business/at-trader-joes-good-cheer-may-hide-complaints.html

It talks about how one person was fired because his smile was "insufficiently “genuine.” ". And other horrible things I knew had to be true of that creepy place! It almost feels like a cult.

They may have a few good deals on things, but I get the heebie-jeebies, going in there; it's like they spiked the employee water cooler with lots of Valium. 

On 10/18/2016 at 4:26 PM, Another Ampers& said:

Citalopram, 10 mg

OMG, I almost killed myself on that stuff...all the SSRIs really were horrible for me, and pretty much the same, but that one, woah. Took the same amount; no sex drive, everything seemed too bright, my neck and jaw got really, really tense, I had these horrible electric zappy feelings, felt like a zombie, could not sleep, felt bloated and sick...after a month, I just stopped, and decided that until they come out with something new, that is not an SSRI/SNRI, I am happier just being moody.

In fact, it was amazing how great I felt when I stopped, after a few days...I went through this elated state of just being happy to be able to feel and sense things again, and not have the world and my senses muted and muffled. I think these drugs can be very dangerous; they work for some, but are generally not taken seriously enough, for the harm they can do, and how often they push people over the edge rather than help them.

Now I just go to talk therapy, and try and eat well, and even if I am not always happy, I feel so lucky not to feel like I did on that stuff.

Hope ya feel better, there, and find a path that makes you happier, whatever it may be.

Obligatory disclaimer: This post is not interned to be taken for medical advice, even though I think SSRI meds generally suck.

Fucking family next door has been drying their clothes on the chainlink fence outside, with some of it just six inches off the ground, and now the entire building has bedbugs.

i had to get my lighter and go outside for a bit to set some safe fires on the rocks to calm down

1 minute ago, LadyRadarEars said:

Fucking family next door has been drying their clothes on the chainlink fence outside, with some of it just six inches off the ground, and now the entire building has bedbugs.

i had to get my lighter and go outside for a bit to set some safe fires on the rocks to calm down

jfc

Just now, FenrirDarkWolf said:

jfc

We only found one in our apartment but if the exterminators don't do the whole building in time I'll have to run all my plushies through the dryer for a few hours and freeze all of my books for like a week just to make sure we don't bring any to the next apartment we go to :<

Also we'll probably be bringing suit against them, given they're supposed to be doing bi-weekly stuff anyway against this sorta shit.

its really hard not thinking of doing horrible things to their clothes the next time they leave them out in the sun

3 minutes ago, LadyRadarEars said:

We only found one in our apartment but if the exterminators don't do the whole building in time I'll have to run all my plushies through the dryer for a few hours and freeze all of my books for like a week just to make sure we don't bring any to the next apartment we go to :<

Also we'll probably be bringing suit against them, given they're supposed to be doing bi-weekly stuff anyway against this sorta shit.

its really hard not thinking of doing horrible things to their clothes the next time they leave them out in the sun

D:

SAVE THE PLUSHIES

• Like 2