Childhood Game?

Sidewalk Surfboard

My first childhood game that I could call my own was Pokemon Gold I believe. I often stole my bro's GB and Pokemon Blue, though. also played the earlier Mario games at friend's houses. Wasn't allowed to have video games for a lot of my childhood so I missed out on a lot. =/

Doom (sorta, I only played it once back then and it scared the hell outta me).

Metroid II: The Return of Samus

Monkey Island 2.

Gex 3D.

Spyro.

Auto Destruct (I'll be surprised if anyone's heard of this one).

Metal Gear Solid 1-2.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2.

Fuck me, I could go on forever. But those are the most important ones.

Edited by Kellie Gator

Depends what do you mean by 'childhood'...

...so I'm posting games I played for the first time when I was aged 8-12, so between 1998 and 2002

Super Frog

Worms

Dungeon Keeper

TES: Daggerfall & Morrowind

Gothic I & II

Desert Strike

Cannon Fodder

Mortal Kombat 4

Rayman 2

X-Com

C&C: Tiberian Sun

C&C: Red Alert

Quake III: Arena

Half-Life

Diablo

StarCraft

Planescape: Torment

Fallout

System Shock

Unreal Tournament

Civilization I

Baldur's Gate

Unreal

Star Wars: TIE fighter

Syndicate

Medal of Honor

Dune

Metal Slug

Turok

Alien vs Predator

The Settlers

Blood

Myth

Might and Magic VII

Heroes of Might and Magic 3

SW: Dark Forces II

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

That's all I can remember for now.

Well there were many, my dad taught it me how important video games are very early on ^^. So

Wolfenstein 3D; Myth; Age of Empires; Age of Empires II; Sim City 2000; Cossacks; Heavy Metal 2000: the game (yes I played it when I was a kid); Full Throttle; Sonic the Hedgehog; Super Mario Bros.; Duck Hunt; Super Mario Bros. 3; TMNT (NES the not so bad one); Tetris

Then came the time when I got the N64: Mario 64, Goldeneye 64, Clay Fighters, TLOZ OOT, TLOZ MM ( my favorite one)... amongst many others

Then I had a gamecube in 2003: Sonic Adventure Dx, Sonic Adventure 2 (probably the gamecube game I played the most, damned chao), Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart DD, Starfox Adventures (furfag alert: I remember getting a lot of awkward boners in this game, especially when Fox is taen prisonner at the Cloudrunner's fortress), TLOZ WW (I had the OOT+MQ special edition).

That's about when I started having my own PC and when I entered middle school, so the rest no longer counts as childhood games ^w^

What was your childhood game?
Mine was definitely Spyro. It was the first video game I ever played, and still remains one of my favorite video game series to date.

You-Have-Chosen-Wisely.jpg

Sometimes, I have dreams about the worlds of the first one. U///u also dat soundtrack <3

Some others would be Crash Bandicoot 2 and Pokemon Gold (still the best ever totally not biased or anything :v) 

also, there was this really crash-grabby Toy Story 2 game that my brother and I played like mad. Surprisingly fun for a movie game. You got to fight a demonic trash can. :>

• Like 1

Rayman was one of those games I could not stop playing in my childhood. The music and graphics were perfect, there was a strategy regarding taking damage and losing lifes in speedruns and the controls were progressively easy! That game was perfect!

Edited by Sar

One of the earliest gaming memories I have, is of playing Wacky Wheels. It was a kart game for MS-DOS, and the characters were all anthropomorphic animals. Kinda should have seen the whole furry thing coming, I guess.

I swear, I thought I was the only one who knew about that game D:

Edited by Valery91Thunder

Definitely Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. That game was awesome. Thing was though we only got it after we got a PS2 and we didn't realise you could use PS1 memory cards with it, so every time I played the game I had to do it from the beginning all over again. I didn't mind though because the game was so much fun I could just play it over and over again.

Now I have a really strong feeling of nostalgia whenever I play the game though because I know it and remember it so well.

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak
  • Like 1

Thanks to you, I may have to reinstall that game now, JUST to do that.

Haha, it's so fun giving yourself exclusive units (Soviet 4 eva) and lowering the tech requirement.  On the down side I could never figure out how to make the dogs harvester-proof...

I swear, I thought I was the only one who knew about that game D:

Damn that tiger, and the shark. The fucking shark, man. I actually saw it pop up on GOG a while ago, so I've been thinking of purchasing it and revisiting it to see if it's as hilarious as I remember. 

The Secret of Monkey Island and Zombies Ate My Neighbors were probably the two I played the most, but there were a ton of other Lucas Arts and Sierra Point and Click Adventures that I was in to.

A few years later, and I was addicted to Oni.

Edited by Signy

Definitely Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. That game was awesome. Thing was though we only got it after we got a PS2 and we didn't realise you could use PS1 memory cards with it, so every time I played the game I had to do it from the beginning all over again. I didn't mind though because the game was so much fun I could just play it over and over again.

Now I have a really strong feeling of nostalgia whenever I play the game though because I know it and remember it so well.

Spyro 3 is my personal favorite of the series. It's the best one. It incorporates elements from the 1st and 2nd game, and even has a kickin' soundtrack. It was my childhood.

I see Spyro as a near flawless trilogy honestly. Three solid PS1 titles, and each one only gets better and has more content than the last. Year of the Dragon is one of the few games I can definitively give a 10/10 perfect rating. :B

Edited by Lucyfish

Lego Star Wars was awesome too, I used to play that all the time with my brother. 

Spyro 3 is my personal favorite of the series. It's the best one. It incorporates elements from the 1st and 2nd game, and even has a kickin' soundtrack. It was my childhood.

I've been trying to get the PS1 emulator I downloaded to work so I can play it, but it just doesn't want to detect the controller I've got which is insanely annoying. :\

The game loads correctly and everything, but even when I've got all the buttons mapped to the controller it just doesn't work. I might just get a good PS2 emulator and try see if that works properly.

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak

Spyro 3 actually has a built in anti-hack software. If you play the game on an emulator the game automatically locks Sparx at his green health level once you get to the third hub world. I haven't found a way around it but someone might have?

Huh, didn't know that. That could be a problem. I guess in any case I could probably just buy the actual disk off of amazon or eBay for a really cheap price and load the game into the emulator directly off the disk. Then I'd still be using an emulator but not have the anti-hack problem.

Oh geez, where do I even start?  I played a lot of games as a kid, picking what game defined my childhood is really hard, so here's just the ones that I remember the clearest:

- Spyro the Dragon

-Roller Coaster Tycoon

-Crash Bandicoot 2

-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

-Harvest Moon 64

-The Sims (the original one)

-Pokemon Red (still have my original cartridge, which works beautifully) and Pokemon Stadium

-Paper Mario

-Devil May Cry series

Spyro 3 actually has a built in anti-hack software. If you play the game on an emulator the game automatically locks Sparx at his green health level once you get to the third hub world. I haven't found a way around it but someone might have?

How'd you even get that far o-O
When I tried, the game would start spitting out errors in the debug box and refuse to load worlds past the first one, for me.

It is to this day the only PS1 game I have not been able to emulate on grounds of software protection.

Pitfall

Galaga

Duck Hunt

Super Mario Bros. 

Doom

Mortal Kombat

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (awyiss)

007 Goldeneye 

Mario Kart

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Super Mario 64

Super Smash Bros. (Including Brawl)

Halo

A crap ton more. Mostly played Mario, Zelda, and various fps games.