The Christmas Super Special Awesome Chocolatey Fudge Coated Happy Fun Time Holiday Megathread

GarthTheWereWolf

Christmas time!  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Are these polls really necessary in every single thread?

So its come to this that has it? I cannot believe that we have a New Years thread already without ever having had a Christmas one. You all disappoint me >:C

I hereby declare this thread to be:

The Official 2016 Pheonixed Christmas Megathread!!!

Christmas-Tree.png

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Now gather round children. Lets do this thread right. In here shall be the depository for all things Christmas.

Love Christmas? Me too! Talk about it here!

Xmas-Werewolf-Dec19-473x315.jpg

Got a Christmas recipe you love to make each year? Share it!

Have a favorite Christmas song? Post it!

592b1d9e143ecf0e1b41e878c77363de.jpg

Got a Christmas tradition? Lets hear about it!

Have something you're dying to get for Christmas? Come sit on Santa Claws lap and tell him all about it V;

vamp-holiday-3.jpg

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

I'll start us out to get the ball rolling. Despite Santa Claus being the mortal enemy of all werewolves, Christmas is easily my favorite holiday. Its not merely the day of that I consider to be Christmas, but all of the month leading up to it. The lights, the music, the festivities, the holiday activities. I love all of it.

People say Christmas is for children. But it is for grownups too. Even if it is a headache, a chore, and nightmare, it is a period of necessary defrosting of chill and hide-bound hearts. Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves.

SMALL AMOUNT OF CHRISTIAN PROSELYTIZING AHEAD

SCROLL DOWN IF YOU'RE OFFENDED OR DON'T GIVE A SHIT BOUT THIS TYPE OF THING

Now as a Christian myself, I would be remiss in commenting on its religious significance <; It is the celebrating of the birth of Jesus. And to the cynics and people of a semantic bent in the forums, it does not matter if Jesus was actually born in December or not. Its merely a time when we are celebrating him and communing most easily with the gospel. And what I love most about Christmas is the way people celebrate Christ by making a greater effort to live the values that he taught. Forgiveness. Love. Selflessness. To exemplify this I would like to share with you all the short sermon/poem by Henry Van Dyke:

Keeping Christmas

"There is a better thing than the observance of Christmas day,
and that is, keeping Christmas.

Are you willing…
to forget what you have done for other people,
and to remember what other people have done for you;

to ignore what the world owes you,
and to think what you owe the world;

to put your rights in the background,
and your duties in the middle distance,
and your chances to do a little more than your duty in the foreground;

to see that men and women are just as real as you are,
and try to look behind their faces to their hearts, hungry for joy;

to own up to the fact that probably the only good reason
for your existence is not what you are going to get out of life,
but what you are going to give to life;

to close your book of complaints against the management of the universe,
and look around you for a place where you can sow a few seeds
of happiness—

Are you willing to do these things even for a day?
Then you can keep Christmas.

Are you willing to stoop down and consider
the needs and desires of little children;

to remember the weakness and loneliness of people growing old;

to stop asking how much your friends love you,
and ask yourself whether you love them enough;

to bear in mind the things that other people have to bear in their hearts;

to try to understand what those who live in the same home with you
really want, without waiting for them to tell you;

to make a grave for your ugly thoughts, and a garden for your kindly feelings
with the gate open—

Are you willing to do these things, even for a day?
Then you can keep Christmas.

Are you willing to believe that love is the strongest thing in the world—
stronger than hate, stronger than evil, stronger than death—
and that the blessed life which began in Bethlehem nineteen hundred years ago
is the image and brightness of the Eternal Love?

Then you can keep Christmas."

It's been a rocky year this year. So many rough patches. So many lost people. So many frayed nerves. So many absent friends. Its hard to keep faith at times. The world is a difficult place. For all of you I pray the season salves and that you manage to find happiness this Christmas. God bless <;

“And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;
"For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep!
The Wrong shall fail,
the Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men!”

PROSELYTIZING OVER!!! PROCEED FOR A DELICIOUS CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPE!

BITCHES LOVE CHRISTMAS COOKIES!!!

So I've been baking all day. Making Christmas cookies to dole out to my coworkers. One of the things I love to do throughout December is cook for people. I have a plethora of holiday recipes I like to make and will probably be posting them here over the month, but I thought for this first post I would share how to make my favorite holiday cookie:

Pumpkin Rocks

MY76SJ9.jpg

Not the most beautiful of holiday cookies but easily my favorite in terms of taste <; They're pumpkin flavored cookies. Named after their appearance, not their texture. They have a crisp outside and a soft inside filled with nuts and raisins and then topped with a lemony glaze. They're super tasty and unhealthy. V: Here's how to make them:

Ingredients:

-Dry ingredients-

2 1/2 Cup Flour

1 tsp Nutmeg

2 tsp Baking powder

3/4 tsp Nutmeg

1/2 tsp Baking Soda

1/2 tsp Ground ginger

1/2 tsp Salt

1/4 tsp Powdered cloves

1/4 tsp Allspice

------------------------

1 stick Margarine or Butter

2 eggs

1 Cup Sugar

1 lb Pumpkin (1 3/4 can)

1/2 Cup Dark brown sugar

1 Cup Raisins

2 Cup Walnuts

Sift the dry ingredients & set aside. Using a mixer (Your hand will thank you, the batter gets quite thick), mix the margarine or butter and beat in the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time then beat in the pumpkin on low speed. Slowly add the flour mixture in batches. Mix until smooth then add more of the flour mixture until all of it is in and the mixture is a smooth consistency. Stir in the raisins & walnuts. Use a tablespoon to measure out individual cookies and place them on a greased cookie sheet 1 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 18 min at 360° degrees Fahrenheit till light brown and they spring back at the touch.

While these are cooking. Prepare the Lemon Glaze:

Ingredients:

2 tbsp Soft Margarine or Butter

1 Cup Confectioner sugar

Pinch of salt

2 tbsp Lemon juice

1 tbsp Milk

Combine all ingredients and mix them with a fork or whisk until smooth and soft like whipped cream - Cover until ready to use. When cookies come out of the oven brush a small amount over the top of each cookie while they're still warm so the glaze melts and runs down the sides.

Enjoy <;

Now of course while baking today I was also jamming out to some Christmas tunes:

And some Hankey too! because naturally I have to add a little bit of literal shit posting for all to be right in the universe. <;

ANYWAY! End of nerd post. Get to posting Christmas stuff in here. Try to keep things civil if'n you may. V; And if you don't like Christmas... well...

93141-mr-hankey-gif-Y4Fp.gif

Murry Christmas Furfags!

• Like 9

Sweet Christmas forum. So as for traditions, for me, one that I started freshmen year of college I go drive out to a local park I know around 12 am and I just stare up at the stars. I try to reflect on the year, what's ahead for me, meditate on that and pray about what's life been like. It can be an extremely emotional time for me. I'm christian too so I get you on a lot of that. Though I guess I have some issues, mostly because at times I can feel people are a little pushy about everything. Probably because I was raised Methodist and was kicked out of my church for coming out as gay. I'm Presbyterian PCUSA and we're pretty heavily against the idea of pushing anything on anyone. Not criticizing by any means, seriously I'm not. I'm just sharing my own experiences. On that note however, I suck at all things involving baking or cooking so no recipes here :/ .However as for music, I absolutely love Ode to Joy and Ukrainian bell Carol. I know the first isn't technically  a Christmas carol or song but it's got the vibe enough that I count it as one. I've attached a link for the entirety of the Ode to Joy movement. If you've got the time, I'd suggest the whole thing. It's beautiful. Also included Ukrainian bell Carol. I think it's a fairly decent redemption of it. None the less merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays!!

P.S I freaking love this warewolf picture (I reattached it below). I was laughing so hard to it xD 

imageproxy.jpg

• Like 3

Get Back To Work.gif

(I'm going to have to try that cookie recipe this weekend, I think)

This year I am asking for a handful of books and a roomba. We don't have any real traditions beyond the usual gift exchanges, but we do almost always have prime rib for Christmas dinner. It has been exceptionally difficult coming up with gifts this year.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Christmas is easily my favorite holiday. Its not merely the day of that I consider to be Christmas, but all of the month leading up to it. The lights, the music, the festivities, the holiday activities. I love all of it.

Even though I'm almost hitting the big three-oh, this is something I've always loved about this time of year. Er, okay, I got sick of the music a long time ago, but everything else is fine. The day itself only makes me feel depressed now though, because I've grown up and the magic was lost. I just see it as a slightly more special day where everybody else is happy with family, friends and significant others, while I'm practically alone. I'd say some other things, but I don't want to drag the thread down too much (sorry if I have already).

I hope everyone else has a lovely Christmas!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, U-235 said:

Sweet Christmas forum. So as for traditions, for me, one that I started freshmen year of college I go drive out to a local park I know around 12 am and I just stare up at the stars. I try to reflect on the year, what's ahead for me, meditate on that and pray about what's life been like. It can be an extremely emotional time for me. I'm christian too so I get you on a lot of that. Though I guess I have some issues, mostly because at times I can feel people are a little pushy about everything. Probably because I was raised Methodist and was kicked out of my church for coming out as gay. I'm Presbyterian PCUSA and we're pretty heavily against the idea of pushing anything on anyone. Not criticizing by any means, seriously I'm not. I'm just sharing my own experiences. On that note however, I suck at all things involving baking or cooking so no recipes here :/ .However as for music, I absolutely love Ode to Joy and Ukrainian bell Carol. I know the first isn't technically  a Christmas carol or song but it's got the vibe enough that I count it as one. I've attached a link for the entirety of the Ode to Joy movement. If you've got the time, I'd suggest the whole thing. It's beautiful. Also included Ukrainian bell Carol. I think it's a fairly decent redemption of it. None the less merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays!!

P.S I freaking love this warewolf picture (I reattached it below). I was laughing so hard to it xD

No worries~ different strokes for different folks V; Cool bell carol. I love songs that include bells

7 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Get Back To Work.gif

(I'm going to have to try that cookie recipe this weekend, I think)

This year I am asking for a handful of books and a roomba. We don't have any real traditions beyond the usual gift exchanges, but we do almost always have prime rib for Christmas dinner. It has been exceptionally difficult coming up with gifts this year.

I feel ya. I work six days a week, but damn it I'm still gonna do Christmas things and they can't stop me! Also, Prime rib sounds amazing to have V; What books you readin/hoping for?

4 hours ago, Hux said:

No murry Christmas option smdh

FTFY

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

-Christmas song-

Tis the season for pleasin

3 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

OMG this thread title made me want to figuratively kill myself

I try

3 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

I'm planning on making Christmas themed doughnuts. Never made them before but I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out

Those sound amazing. Let us know how they come out <: Pictures!

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

Furry Yiffmas.

Yap yap

1 hour ago, Zerig said:

this is my favorite Christmas song

literally never hear it played

also this is a great thread with good pictures because werewolves are great

I remember you posted that last year. I hadn't ever heard it until then, but I really liked it. Its a cool song.

1 hour ago, Socketosis said:

Even though I'm almost hitting the big three-oh, this is something I've always loved about this time of year. Er, okay, I got sick of the music a long time ago, but everything else is fine. The day itself only makes me feel depressed now though, because I've grown up and the magic was lost. I just see it as a slightly more special day where everybody else is happy with family, friends and significant others, while I'm practically alone. I'd say some other things, but I don't want to drag the thread down too much (sorry if I have already).

I hope everyone else has a lovely Christmas!

Awww, I understand that. No one should have to be alone at Christmas. Have you considered volunteering during the holiday? There's plenty of opportunities for that sort of thing this time of year. It would provide an opportunity to get out and be around other people and do something good for others at the same time. Christmas is what you make of it <:

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

No worries~ different strokes for different folks V; Cool bell carol. I love songs that include bells

I feel ya. I work six days a week, but damn it I'm still gonna do Christmas things and they can't stop me! Also, Prime rib sounds amazing to have V; What books you readin/hoping for?

FTFY

Tis the season for pleasin

I try

Those sound amazing. Let us know how they come out <: Pictures!

Yap yap

I remember you posted that last year. I hadn't ever heard it until then, but I really liked it. Its a cool song.

Awww, I understand that. No one should have to be alone at Christmas. Have you considered volunteering during the holiday? There's plenty of opportunities for that sort of thing this time of year. It would provide an opportunity to get out and be around other people and do something good for others at the same time. Christmas is what you make of it <:

Heh, maybe i can get the recipe for the prime rib to share in the thread! I'm hoping to get the remaining 3 of a 6 book series of translated 17th century Chinese folktales. The first book was delightfully dedicated in part to those short stories centered around randy fox spirits, but they're sprinkled throughout all the books, with many other fascinating fantasy creatures. Very few dragon stories as yet, so expect their collection will be the focus of one of the later ones. I am also asking for a compilation book set of concept artist Ralph McQuarrie and a code-cookbook of Python for Maya for my 3D.

Just yesterday work wanted to renegotiate my holiday plans after having agreed to (but not officially approved) them! They don't like having so few resources available. But I was having none of that! You work in a hospital setting as I recall, yes? I imagine that must be very brutal this time of year :<

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrGravitas said:

Heh, maybe i can get the recipe for the prime rib to share in the thread!

Do it dawg! I'd love to get your recipe <:

I'm hoping to get the remaining 3 of a 6 book series of translated 17th century Chinese folktales. The first book was delightfully dedicated in part to those short stories centered around randy fox spirits, but they're sprinkled throughout all the books, with many other fascinating fantasy creatures. Very few dragon stories as yet, so expect their collection will be the focus of one of the later ones. I am also asking for a compilation book set of concept artist Ralph McQuarrie and a code-cookbook of Python for Maya for my 3D.

What I took out of that book synopsis was that even in 17th century China... foxes were sluts. V:

Just yesterday work wanted to renegotiate my holiday plans after having agreed to (but not officially approved) them! They don't like having so few resources available. But I was having none of that! You work in a hospital setting as I recall, yes? I imagine that must be very brutal this time of year :<

Good on ya!

I do work in a hospital setting. But not a normal one anymore. I work at a forensic mental hospital now.

So instead of stitching back together people involved drunk driving accidents I deal with crazy people that act like drunks year round now. Its no more busy than usual during the holidays because our patient population doesn't change as often. But we do have an increase of patients on suicide watch since people get depressed being locked up around the holidays.

• Like 1

Nothing beats Bad Religion singing Christmas songs 

I love Christmas now that I have a job and can offered to buy presents for my family it's been a good couple of years unfortunately I had a lot of bad years but I won't get into here as this is a thread about being happy around the holidays

@GarthTheWereWolf looks like you really love Christmas dude xD

• Like 2

I heard it again.

There's this version of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer where a guy with an accent calls him "Rudy the red nosed reindeer." I know it exists because I've heard it a million times but I cannot find it online. And he says weird things like "red beaked reindeer" and "mine" instead of "my".

Edit:
Finally. Internet says it's the Drunk Dean Martin version.

• Like 2

Sometimes, we need to take a break from all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, and remember the true meaning of Christmas: Jesus Christ coming into each and every one of our houses, and eating all our food.

Instead of thinking of what cards need to be sent out who who you need to get a present for, take a moment to remember how ravenously Jesus guzzled that gallon of milk that you were pretty sure had went bad days ago. Or how he devoured that entire ear of corn, cob and all.

Here is a beautiful rendition of a classic hymn commemorating this most Holy of yearly events:

• Like 1

It snowed yesterday, and I was really, really excited.

Last time I saw snow I was eight or something, and it was already there. Being from Florida I was deprived of that Christmas miracle for many years. Many from the cold regions consider that a good thing, I lived in a good place where it never dropped less than maybe 40-60 or something like that, point is, Florida is warm. No snow.

This year is the first year I got to experience snowfall, I got to watch the snow flurries build up and make beds of snow outside. It was awesome. I was at work at the time most of it was building, which I was dissapointed about, but luckily snow doesnt dissappear. I left on break to sit on the far side of the parking lot and watch the snow flurries fly about, and walk about on the fresh beds of snow.

Then I got home and did all sorts of childish things like make snowballs, throw them at building walls, make snow angels.

Everyone seems to jaded and bored by snow to share my enjoyment :[ So Im kind of doing it on my own

16 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I'm kinda sad Phoenix isn't having a Secret Santa type thing like we had last year/the year before on FAF.

That was fun.

Oh yeah, If I remember correctly that was run by Misomie, which isnt the case this year. Since nobody stepped up a few months ahead to moderate the event it didnt happen.

Perhaps next year that can be a thing, I might actually consider it myself 

We can always do something suggested on the old forum mid-2017 since we missed out on Secret Santa...and do a cultural gift exchange. *shrug*

• Like 3

Merry Christmas furriends! Tis the season to be jolly!

It looks like it's going to be a hot rainy christmas where I live but nonetheless IT WILL NEVER DAMPEN MY SPIRIT. I'll also really have to try that cookie recipe!

• Like 2

I've found that people are very extra when it comes to both the commercialisation of Christmas and the political correctness issues involved with Christmas, such as being told to say 'happy holidays' over 'merry Christmas'. I know this is a very tiresome response to (what are usually) pressing issues, but aren't there more important things to be angry and upset about?

For me, Christmas is all about spending time with my family and just generally having a good time. Don't really see it as anything bigger than that but that's just me

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wax said:

I've found that people are very extra when it comes to both the commercialisation of Christmas and the political correctness issues involved with Christmas, such as being told to say 'happy holidays' over 'merry Christmas'. I know this is a very tiresome response to (what are usually) pressing issues, but aren't there more important things to be angry and upset about?

For me, Christmas is all about spending time with my family and just generally having a good time. Don't really see it as anything bigger than that but that's just me

Mostly I see people whining about people not saying Merry Christmas, or not seeing religious icons on holiday coffee shop cups. They screech that the holiday is religious, thus everyone MUST celebrate it in a religious way because they say so, and if they don't, there's a war on Christmas, a war actually invented by whiners and AM conservative talk radio (and probably fox news).

Why does it matter what others do? Do you understand freedom? Celebrate (or don't) in the way you choose. Let others celebrate in the way they choose. Get out of other's business. Shut up.

• Like 2

Howdy all. Merry Christmas!

Its Christmas Eve here in the states. Hope ya'll are feelin' the spirit of the holiday <;

I'm hosting my family this year at my new house for Christmas dinner, so I figured I'd share a few more holiday recipes with everyone.

CvM2PQI.png

Spinach artichoke dip:

1 14-oz can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced

1 lb cream cheese, room temperature

8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature

2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted

1 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese, divided

1/4 tsp thyme

1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

1 Tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped

1 garlic clove, minced

5 green onions, chopped

Salt to taste

Ground black pepper to taste

1 6-oz pack of chopped, frozen spinach (fresh can of course be substituted but I am lazy so I use frozen)

Preheat oven to 325ºF. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except the spinach and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, until evenly mixed. Thaw (if using frozen) and cook the spinach in a saucepan with about 5-6 tbsp of water, covered for 5-10 minutes until the spinach is soft and cooked through. If you want a thicker dip, drain the water from the pan and press the water from the cooked spinach out. For a thinner dip add the water from the pan along with the cooked spinach to the dip mixture. Combine the spinach with the rest of the dip.

COAT a large non-stick baking pan with cooking spray; fill pan with mixture and top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 325ºF for about 25 minutes or until bubbling and center is hot.

Serve hot with sliced, warmed bread or tortilla chips.

WFV0ft5.png

Cheesy Potato Casserole:

2 lbs frozen Southern style potatoes (diced and cubed)

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

2 cups sour cream

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 1/2 tbsp dried minced onion

Garlic powder to taste (I usually use about 1 1/2 tsp)

------------

2 cups corn flakes, crushed

1/2 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine all ingredients, except corn flakes and butter, until evenly mixed. Place mixture in a baking pan and cook for 45 minutes. Melt the butter and mix in the crushed corn flakes. Top casserole with corn flake mixture and bake for another 45 minutes. Serve.

Potato-Casserole_8994.jpg

Broccoli Puff:

1 (16oz) package frozen, chopped broccoli florets

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 cup grated cheddar

2 eggs, beaten

1 (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup

1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs

1 tsp lemon juice

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 4 quart casserole dish combine all ingredients except bread crumbs, mix well, sprinkle crumbs on top. Bake for 1 hour.

casserole-ck-1206186-x.jpg

Candied Coffee Walnuts:

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 sour cream

1 tbsp instant coffee grounds

3 cup walnut halves

1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine brown sugar, white sugar, sour cream, and coffee powder in a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until soft ball stage. (Soft balling: Where if you take a small drop of the candy mixture and drop it into cold water, it holds together enough it can be formed into a soft [not firm], ball shape in your fingers.) Remove mixture from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Add in the walnut halves, stirring gently to coat them. Separate the nuts on a greased cookie sheet. When cool, break into smaller pieces if necessary. Makes 4 cups.

tuKmdKNFCMaKD4V52TiNsa-JeYkoPpLQwEIGkyVN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all have a nice Christmas and I leave you with this random holiday werewolf fact <;

werewolf_at_christmas_by_c4tspajamas.png

• Like 5